Child visa

Old Jul 3rd 2016, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

gnelso1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Child visa

Hello
I am wondering if anyone can help with my question.

My wife and I have Australian pr which is going to expire in March 2017. My son was born after we validated in 2013. We didn't want to travel with a young child so we left it to now.

My wife's occupation is a registered nurse and she has aphra registration, but my question is that is a 101 visa the only visa for us or can we move on a temporary visa for my child then get a 802?

Both of us are in employment and I am a bit reluctant to move from the Uk without my wife getting a job even if it's agency work.

Thanks for anyone who can help
Old Jul 4th 2016, 12:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child visa

Originally Posted by gnelso1
Hello

My wife and I have Australian pr which is going to expire in March 2017. My son was born after we validated in 2013. We didn't want to travel with a young child so we left it to now.

My wife's occupation is a registered nurse and she has aphra registration, but my question is that is a 101 visa the only visa for us or can we move on a temporary visa for my child then get a 802?

Both of us are in employment and I am a bit reluctant to move from the Uk without my wife getting a job even if it's agency work.

The correct process is to apply from for the 101 and move when you have it.

You might get away with child travelling on a tourist visa, but this is not the correct use of that visa and so you might not.
Old Jul 19th 2016, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

whtzau is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gnelso1
Hello

Hi Gnelso,

My situation was similar to yours let me share my experience.

My son was born overseas in year 2012, at that time, onshore subclass 802 visa costs 1000 AUD more than offshore subclass 100, so what we did is applied for subclass 100 in Feb/2013 and once got acknowledgement letter in Mar/2013, we applied for visitor visa (subclass 600) claiming for 12 months stay for our son and purchased "return" ticket for all of us.

When arriving Brisbane, customer officer did request seeing "return" ticket for my son as he was with visitor visa, we present return ticket and acknowledgement letter of subclass 100. As per requirement of Medicare, we can enroll my son because his "PR visa was in progressing".

When my son's 100 visa was about to be approved, visa officer from overseas embassy contacted us by email, and requested "48 hours" out of australia so that he can finalize my son's "offshore" subclass 100 visa.

I brought my son to Auckland for 3 days and came back to validate his subclass 100.

In order to prevent difficulty at airport custom, it's better to apply for subclass 100 overseas and once having acknowledgement letter from case officer, you can bring your child to australia with visitor visa with "return ticket"
Old Jul 19th 2016, 7:59 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you are applying through London then there is currently no waiting period for a subclass 101 Child visa to be granted.
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

gnelso1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot guys for you help. I didn't realise that the child visa is very quickly processed in London, maybe our best bet is for my wife to get a job from uk if possible.
I am very hesitant to move over to Australia without any work for either of us. If we didn't have kids it would be easier to gamble, but I will definitely think 'what if' if we didn't try.