Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Child was born while expecting 309 partner visa

Child was born while expecting 309 partner visa

Old Sep 18th 2016, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Alyonk@ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Child was born while expecting 309 partner visa

Hi all,

I applied for 309 partner visa in November 2015. After that I became pregnant and in August I had a baby. Recently I was contacted by some embassy officer and she advised me to upload birth certificate (which is already done) and then they will generate HAP ID for medical check. In this regards I have two questions:

1. Do we need to pay any fees for newborn baby?
2. Do we need to upload baby passport before visa grant or it can be done after visa is granted?

Thank you.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 8:30 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child was born while expecting 309 partner visa

Originally Posted by Alyonk@
Hi all,

I applied for 309 partner visa in November 2015. After that I became pregnant and in August I had a baby. Recently I was contacted by some embassy officer and she advised me to upload birth certificate (which is already done) and then they will generate HAP ID for medical check. In this regards I have two questions:

1. Do we need to pay any fees for newborn baby?
2. Do we need to upload baby passport before visa grant or it can be done after visa is granted?

Thank you.
I would think yes to both,

Visas are attached electronically to the passport, and I think there is an additional processing fee for dependants but that can be easily checked online. Is there any info in your immi account requesting the babys passport and fee?
Old Sep 18th 2016, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I would think yes to both,

Visas are attached electronically to the passport, and I think there is an additional processing fee for dependants but that can be easily checked online. Is there any info in your immi account requesting the babys passport and fee?
Hi old.sparkles,

There aren't any requests in my immi account for both baby's passport and fee for baby at the moment.

Thank you.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 10:04 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that if the child is born after you have lodge your application but before it is granted and the child isn't entitled to Australian citizenship by descent then you don't need to pay an additional fee for the child to be added to your application as a dependent.

You'll need to provide the baby's passport and complete the health assessment before either of your visas can be granted however.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Hi BritInParis,

This is exactly my case. I mean the child was born after I lodged my application but I wasn't granted with visa yet and even wasn't assigned a CO.

Thank you.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 10:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BritInParis,

This is exactly my case. I mean the child was born after I lodged my application but I wasn't granted with visa yet and even wasn't assigned a CO.

Thank you.
You may have a CO and not know it, they only contact you when they want something.
Is the baby Australian? If not follow BiP's advice.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Hi Pollyana,

No the baby is not Australian as our father is PR (not citizen).

Thank you.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 11:51 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BritInParis,

Thank you.
You say you were contacted by an "embassy officer" who advised you to upload your baby's birth certificate so presumably this was your case officer unless it was you who contacted the High Commission for advice?
Old Sep 18th 2016, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You say you were contacted by an "embassy officer" who advised you to upload your baby's birth certificate so presumably this was your case officer unless it was you who contacted the High Commission for advice?
Hi BritInParis,

I'm not sure it was my CO, but it was the person who contacted me several months ago in regards to the interview.

Thank you.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 12:12 pm

Hi BritInParis,

I'm not sure it was my CO, but it was the person who contacted me several months ago in regards to the interview.

Thank you.
I take it you're not applying from the UK then?
Old Sep 18th 2016, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I take it you're not applying from the UK then?
I'm applying from Russia.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 3:13 pm

I'm applying from Russia.
Slightly different procedure then but the principles remain the same. You'll need to get a Russian passport for your daughter before she can complete her medicals and she'll need to complete her medicals before either of your visas can be granted.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Guys, probably you could clarify another one question in reagrds to newborn baby. Do newborn babies undergo x-rays during health check?

Thank you.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 10:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, probably you could clarify another one question in reagrds to newborn baby. Do newborn babies undergo x-rays during health check?

Thank you.
No
Old Sep 19th 2016, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No
Hi Pollyana,

Thank you very much for your response.

Could you please clarify if there any other types of health check that infants are allowed to skip.

Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.