Cheaper Alternative to Subclass 143/173

Old Mar 12th 2014, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

vineetbahl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheaper Alternative to Subclass 143/173

Hello Guys,

Apologies, if this is a stupid question but I still wanted be 100% sure. I am an Australian Permanent Resident Living in Australia for sometime (>2 Years). My question is regarding cheaper alternative to Contributory Parent Visa(Subclass 143/173).

My parents(aged 74 and 70) have three children of which two (including me) are Australian PR/Citizens while my third sibling is a British national and does not live with them in India. I was wondering if their exist any cheaper alternatives for keeping them in Australia for long (they don’t plan to work, and we are happy to provide assurance for support, including private insurance for life) .

If I use subclass 143, I’ll burn more than $130K(30K Assurance of Support, plus 50 K per Visa), I was wondering if there are some options via which we can accommodate them in Australia for longer term with some relatively cheaper option, which may not include benefits of PR/Citizenship.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheaper Alternative to Subclass 143/173

There is a cheaper option through the Non-Contributory Parent Visa options.
However, there are some pros and cons to take into consideration with this option as your parents age.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

vineetbahl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TeeTMI
There is a cheaper option through the Non-Contributory Parent Visa options.
However, there are some pros and cons to take into consideration with this option as your parents age.
No Really, it has 15 years waiting and my parents really old to wait that long. I want them here staying with me.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

There is an onshore parent visa application option.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vineetbahl
No Really, it has 15 years waiting and my parents really old to wait that long. I want them here staying with me.
Well there is the onshore option, however as your parents are from a HR country, they would need a tourist visa to get here in first place and maybe they would have no further stay condition applied to that visa - meaning they cannot apply for the onshore parent visa.

Otherwise no, there is no visa that will enable them to live in Australia, they could only visit.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

shalini80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vineetbahl
Hello Guys,

Apologies, if this is a stupid question but I still wanted be 100% sure. I am an Australian Permanent Resident Living in Australia for sometime (>2 Years). My question is regarding cheaper alternative to Contributory Parent Visa(Subclass 143/173).

My parents(aged 74 and 70) have three children of which two (including me) are Australian PR/Citizens while my third sibling is a British national and does not live with them in India. I was wondering if their exist any cheaper alternatives for keeping them in Australia for long (they don’t plan to work, and we are happy to provide assurance for support, including private insurance for life) .

If I use subclass 143, I’ll burn more than $130K(30K Assurance of Support, plus 50 K per Visa), I was wondering if there are some options via which we can accommodate them in Australia for longer term with some relatively cheaper option, which may not include benefits of PR/Citizenship.
Hi Vineet

Yes, there is an onshore parent visa category that you can try.

Do you mind if I ask if your parents have been to Australia on a visitor's visa before? If yes when was that last time they got their visitor visa and did they get "No Further Stay" condition on their visa?
Old Mar 13th 2014, 1:00 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeeTMI
There is an onshore parent visa application option.
Doesn't the onshore contributory parent visa have the same charges as the offshore one?
Old Mar 13th 2014, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAJ
Doesn't the onshore contributory parent visa have the same charges as the offshore one?
Yes, the onshore contributory does, but not the non-contributory onshore parent visa.