Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

A change of heart...thanks to everyone here

A change of heart...thanks to everyone here

Old Oct 22nd 2008, 4:05 pm
sorry..I don't understand

funkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the rough
Default A change of heart...thanks to everyone here

My husband and I have decided not to continue any further with our visa application.

We have thought about it long and hard and so much has changed in a year that I'm not sure that moving to Australia would change our lives for the better. We have strong family ties, good social networks and jobs with great prospects (good considering the economic situation)
We also have family with serious health issues and the prospect of taking over the family business when my dad retires.

We have decided that if we still feel the pull of Australia in 4/5 years we will reapply.

I'd like to thank everyone here for all their help with our application process and for answering my endless stream of questions. Good luck to you all with your visa applications and your new lives in Australia.

Now I just need to find out how to cancel my application.....
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all
Default Re: A change of heart...thanks to everyone here

That's a huge decision to make - well done for you, it's hard to make the decision to do it in the first place, must have been harder to make this one.

Good luck and best wished in whatever you decide for the future.

However, if your app is in, then why not let it get approved and validate, you'd have 5 years to change your mind!

Mel
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

I agree you have spent the largest chunk of money on the application, perhaps finish it until you have the visa, just in case. I wish you the best of luck though it must have been a hard decision and I hope it all works out well for you. Good luck
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 6:30 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by funkydelia
My husband and I have decided not to continue any further with our visa application.

We have thought about it long and hard and so much has changed in a year that I'm not sure that moving to Australia would change our lives for the better. We have strong family ties, good social networks and jobs with great prospects (good considering the economic situation)
We also have family with serious health issues and the prospect of taking over the family business when my dad retires.

We have decided that if we still feel the pull of Australia in 4/5 years we will reapply.

I'd like to thank everyone here for all their help with our application process and for answering my endless stream of questions. Good luck to you all with your visa applications and your new lives in Australia.

Now I just need to find out how to cancel my application.....
This is a very wise move well thought out

Dont cancel the process from your sig most of the money has gone on the app. You never know what the future holds so the few extra quid on the medicals could be money well spent.

Best of luck
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

I'd agree on one level to see it out but thats not just medical money ..

Could you see validation as just a great holiday and potential reccie for the longer term future future? Or would it be too much of a downer after all your planning? Or a sweet ending to the dream for now?

A lot can change in 5 years and it's possible you might not get a visa next time - rule changes, health changes etc, points required, obviously age.

Perhaps your not going anytime soon but once you've thought this far along the road its harder to turn back forever.

Good luck and a great life whatever you do