Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Cannot get in on Skilled Visa need to get Sponsored or Student?

Cannot get in on Skilled Visa need to get Sponsored or Student?

Old Oct 23rd 2008, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

flojo and dizzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Cannot get in on Skilled Visa need to get Sponsored or Student?

Hi we are new to this site, my name is joanne and my husbands is jerry. We are trying to emigrate to Australia, but are unable to get a visa on skilled. I am a Senior Care Assistant NVQ3 , i have been told there are
plenty of jobs in this line of work, but how do i go about getting a sponsor? Also could i come over if i went to university as a student to study Nursing, and at my age of 41? Gratefull for any help offered to ourselfs.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cannot get in on Skilled Visa need to get Sponsored or Student?

You would need to be under 45 at the time you finished the course and applied for PR, but yes, you could do nursing.

You could possibly be sponsored as the senior care assistant in regional Australia as there are more jobs that you can then be sponsored for. I would have a chat with an agent.

Good luck
Old Oct 24th 2008, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
You would need to be under 45 at the time you finished the course and applied for PR, but yes, you could do nursing.

You could possibly be sponsored as the senior care assistant in regional Australia as there are more jobs that you can then be sponsored for. I would have a chat with an agent.

Good luck
Hello, thanks for reply, What is an agent? and did you mean yes to going over as student for nursing or doing that here, and what over jobs in Oz will
sponsor you? This is all so confusing but i will hang in thier
Old Oct 24th 2008, 2:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flojo and dizzy
Hello, thanks for reply, What is an agent? and did you mean yes to going over as student for nursing or doing that here, and what over jobs in Oz will
sponsor you? This is all so confusing but i will hang in thier
http://www.immi.gov.au/visas/migrati...sing/index.htm
Old Oct 24th 2008, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

Thankyou for that site, i will just keep looking on job sites and sending cv of and keeping my fingers crossed , if thier is a mountain to climb i will be the first to do it and not give up
Old Oct 24th 2008, 3:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou for that site, i will just keep looking on job sites and sending cv of and keeping my fingers crossed , if thier is a mountain to climb i will be the first to do it and not give up
You should also read some of the info on that site I linked to - www.immi.gov.au
That is the official site for the Dept of Immigration and Citizenship, and containsall the rules for the different types of visas
Old Oct 24th 2008, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Also, look into the cost of studying nursing. It is expensive, and you can't work more than 20 hours a week for most of the year (partner too). And if you have children you have to pay for their schooling.
Good luck
Old Oct 26th 2008, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Also, look into the cost of studying nursing. It is expensive, and you can't work more than 20 hours a week for most of the year (partner too). And if you have children you have to pay for their schooling.
Good luck
Hello again thanks for reply, so i can go over on a visa as a student? and if
that is so i can only work 20 hrs? and my husband can come over but can
only work 20 hrs ?
Old Oct 26th 2008, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

only work 20 hrs ?
Yep, thats correct. Apart from school holidays when you can work full time but your husband can still only work 20 hrs. Its an expensive way to go but for those of us that can't get sponsored or have a demand skill its a way in.
Good luck. Get researching.
Tracy
Old Oct 26th 2008, 9:53 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

only work 20 hrs ?
Please take a read of the website Pollyana has given the link for. It's the official Australian Immigration website and will give you options for what visa you might be eligible for. There is a wizard you can plug in your information which will give you an idea of where to start.

As has been said, the student route is expensive and there is no guarantee of a permanent visa at the end.