Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Can you help? We are applying for a highly skilled visa

Can you help? We are applying for a highly skilled visa

Old Sep 11th 2008, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

shirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really nice
Question Can you help? We are applying for a highly skilled visa

We have just started the process of applying for a skilled visa to Australia and I would really appreciate any advise, I want to ensure that our application hit’s the mark 1st time and I have so many questions!

Would you recommend using an agent of applying directly? if using an agent could you recommend anybody? Has anybody used Global Visas?

We are going to apply using my partners skills as a chef, he completed a recognised apprenticeship and has been working with the same employer for the past 7 years, he is not wanting inform his employer at this stage that he is looking to immigrate, can anybody advise the best way of submitting an application under theses circumstances.?
Would anybody have a example of a successful statutory declaration for a chef that I can look at? also will he need further references?

Finally (for the moment) on the skills assessment application question 8 it asks to “give a detailed description of the work he has he has done including actual duties /tasks over what period and how often” "types of machines, equipment tools used" can anybody give any advised on the best way to write this for a chef?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Shirley
Old Sep 11th 2008, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

witchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nice
Default Re: Can you help? We are applying for a highly skilled visa

Hi shirley78

we have also applied for a skilled visa not chef I'm afraid but electrician, only thing I can say that might help, is we have used an agency- Austrailian Visa bureau- they have guided us through all aspects of application and made it as painless as poss, only thing is, we are paperbased, which takes longer, so if your in a hurry make sure they take fastest route poss. sorry I cant be of more help! Good luck with your application
Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

STREAKY is an unknown quantity at this point

the only advice i could give regarding your assessment is to really go into a lot of detail,describing all aspects of your job,skills basically everything you can get,my first go was refused,didnt really send enough info about 4/5 pages,second attempt was more like 50 pages ,off internet, work etc,even took photos,not sure if they did contact my employer ,but your oh could tell him,as your probably lookin at 1 year plus before visa and valid for upto 5yrs depending on which visa,so you could say your lookin to move a few years down the line,good luck
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

shirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really nice

Thank you, did you apply as a chef? could I possiably take a look at your application.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:35 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirley78
Thank you, did you apply as a chef? could I possiably take a look at your application.
TRA wants YOUR experience, not someone elses. What you need to do is write out an explanation of your skills as if TRA had never heard of a chef before. Describe the nitty-gritty of your day to day duties, including things as mundane as what type of knife you use to cut the vegetables.

If you are really unsure, the best advice would be to employ an agent for the skills assessment part only and do the visa yourself.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

STREAKY is an unknown quantity at this point

no,i am in telecom
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for all your advise, we have heard back from the TRA today and our application has been sucessful on to the next stage.......
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

LINZI32 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by witchypoo
Hi shirley78

we have also applied for a skilled visa not chef I'm afraid but electrician, only thing I can say that might help, is we have used an agency- Austrailian Visa bureau- they have guided us through all aspects of application and made it as painless as poss, only thing is, we are paperbased, which takes longer, so if your in a hurry make sure they take fastest route poss. sorry I cant be of more help! Good luck with your application

We have also used the Visa Bureau and they have been very helpful as per above comment. They have helped us thru every step of the way and checked every reference we had written one at a time, before moving onto the next. Been stressful but i suppose not as stressful. Good Luck