Just Joined

Bigguy007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can we migrate to Aus?

Originally Posted by Dale_Katya
Thankyou all for your replies.

Regarding points:

Age 30points
English 20points
Skilled Emp certainly 10points maybe 15.
Education 15points (degree & masters)

Total 75 or 80.
* Partner skills points I do not think we can get, as does not have occupation on the same SOL/CSOL.

I have a few queries:

1) Software Tester is on the CSOL
Software Engineer is on the SOL

I believe career could fit comfortably into both of them, 90% of my focus is in Test Management. I would not say that my career is as a Software Tester, this was only in the first 1-1.5 yrs of my career (9yrs total). Although it is of course highly related and I do get hands on occasionally, I do not write test cases, scripts, data etc.

Still, Testing is also part of a Software Engineer's role, and also I am also involved with the architecture and design side. As I understand it, a occupation on the SOL rather than the CSOL is better to apply with?

Maybe I should I email ACS to ask this query?

2) English tests, do we both need to take them? I can see it says I must attain at least Competent level. Can anyone recommend which of the test types may be better or more international? ie. maybe useful if the visa request is unsuccessful.

3) Given we submit an EOI and get invited through SkillSet, Given you meet the points requirement, I get a positive assessment of the skills assessment, I get at least English competent.... is it then highly likely we get issued a visa?

Hi Dale_Katya,
I totally agree with your argument that software testing and software engineering are kindoff mix and match. Am interested in knowing if you applied for ACS and how did they receive you? please suggest , as am kindoff in the same boat