business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Helium Kid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by stumpysean
Would you be able to do that then??? Surely if you added $100.000 dollars to your turnover figure it wouldn't be a true figure because that would be classed as assets???not turnover??? I'm not sure , just wondering how that would work. Also if my wife worked she would have to own a business or part own one to beable to class it as a turnover??? otherwise it would just be wages wouldn't it???
What I mean is keep some money back and if you are below your target going into say your 3rd or 4th year, you could filter some through on a weekly basis to bump it up if required. Just a thought and could help in reaching the criteria, although I would expect to well exceed the turnover requirements, fingers crossed.

Yes your Wife would have to have her own business, but whatever turnover she made would be added to yours as the primary applicant.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Red face Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by Helium Kid
What I mean is keep some money back and if you are below your target going into say your 3rd or 4th year, you could filter some through on a weekly basis to bump it up if required. Just a thought and could help in reaching the criteria, although I would expect to well exceed the turnover requirements, fingers crossed.

Yes your Wife would have to have her own business, but whatever turnover she made would be added to yours as the primary applicant.

yeah good idea, it's worth considering all opptions just in case, thanks for all the advice everyone hope this thread continues.....keep us posted on where you're up to
Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:38 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Well well well...... you Aussie wannabes have been busy tonight....!!!!!

PJ & B - Glad to read that you are looking in to the A$1500 funding - might as well have it since you're already settled on a regional location.

Pasha - yeah, we felt the same way. A$1500 wasn't enough to make us give up the free choice of where to settle. Maybe add a couple of 0s on the end and it would be a different story.....

Stumpy - We're glad you mentioned the A$1500 as well, because we were beginning to wonder if we'd mis-read it... thanks.

HK - We thought you could only buy property under 5 years old whilst on a temp visa... maybe it's different in QLD (we're heading to WA). We've considered a second business to combine the turnover, but don't expect to need to.
You wanna be careful coming up with creative ideas like slipping A$100000 in to top up the turnover...... you never know who is listening - you'll get a reputation for yourself ;-)

We didn't get our Police checks sent off today - far too much time spent (invested) chatting with all you guys this morning, then working this afternoon; printed off the forms, so will definitely apply for the checks tomorrow.

See y'all.
Craig & Sarah.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Pasha is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope I don't get in trouble for copying / pasting some information from the FIRB web-site. I thought this may help with some of the questions regarding whether or not we're able to purchase previously owned homes - while on this type of visa. Judging from this, it appears as though approval may be granted in such instances. The thing that's going to get to me is that darn 'stamp duty' on homes, as well as vehicles. We don't have that here in Canada - so that's going to burn me up, parting with those dollars!!!!

"Q6. I am a foreign person living in Australia on a long stay, temporary resident visa. Do I need approval to buy an established house to live in?

A. Yes. Foreign persons temporarily resident in Australia for a period exceeding 12 months from the time of application for approval are eligible under foreign investment policy to acquire residential real estate. If the property being purchased is an established dwelling, that is, one that has been previously occupied or sold, foreign investment approval is still available provided that the dwelling is to be used as the person’s principal place of residence, not for rental purposes and the property must be sold when their visa expires or they cease to reside in Australia. For more detailed information, see Policy Documents."
Old Apr 15th 2005, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road

Right everyone, I'm going to jump in here and say hello to you all.

We are are a family of five who moved out here in September 04 on the 163. We were granted it back in December 2003 when processing times were much faster (we were something like the 10th person to submit an application after the rule changes!). It took us 11 weeks from submitting our application to DIMIA to getting the visa grant notification. A friend of ours who has applied recently has been told they will probably have to wait 6-8 months. We set up an IT/Computer Services company in December and its going well so far.

In answer to the housing question, there is NO problem buying a house out here on the 163 it just has to be your main residence i.e. not bought for investment or to rent out. We bought our house in Secret Harbour the 2nd week we were here. The real estate agent applies to the FIRB for you and it takes between about a week up to a max of 30 days to get confirmation. So, very easy!

Education is free, both my children go to the local primary and you have the odd 'contribution' of about $20 plus all their stationery to pay for but it doesn't amount to much and that is the same as everybody else pays for their kids to go.

We did manage to sign up for Medicare as well, although I know we are supposed to have private healthcare. I'm sure we will get round to it one day but it is good to at least have Medicare for the basics.

You can have your business anywhere, as mentioned it doesn't have to be 50km outside of the CBD but if it is then it is classed as regional which they look kindly on. The dividing line on the SBDC map for regional goes right through Secret Harbour (because it's as the crow flies) so we had to have a bit of a discussion with them over whether they would consider us regional or not. In the end, they told us to go and check a road sign and if that said we were more than 50km then they would go with that. How technical!! They don't always have the answers!!!

Rogue Trader - I think you pm'd me on another site so I will answer you personally.

P J - Look forward to seeing you in Secret Harbour. We love it here and somehow or other we HAVE to make that turnover because there is no way I'm going back to the UK!! They will have to drag me kicking and screaming or else I'm 'going bush' and they'll have to catch me first!!!

To everyone else, good luck with your applications.

If I can help with anything let me know.

Best wishes.

Sam
Old Apr 15th 2005, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Pasha is an unknown quantity at this point

Sam - Thank you for the wonderful information!!! It's nice to have someone on board that's been through it all!!! I'm sure we'll be relying on you for any of our future questions.

How wonderful to hear that your family is enjoying your new Aussie lives so far!!! I know I'm going to feel the exact same way as you - in that once I'm there, I'm NOT going to want to leave. I remember when I had to leave Australia the first time (after my work visa expired - almost 15 years ago) - it was the most emotional day in my life!!! I did not want to leave!!! So, fingers crossed that all goes smoothly - and this time around I'll never have to say 'good-bye' to Australia again!!!!
Old Apr 15th 2005, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Thorpes
Right everyone, I'm going to jump in here and say hello to you all.

We are are a family of five who moved out here in September 04 on the 163. We were granted it back in December 2003 when processing times were much faster (we were something like the 10th person to submit an application after the rule changes!). It took us 11 weeks from submitting our application to DIMIA to getting the visa grant notification. A friend of ours who has applied recently has been told they will probably have to wait 6-8 months. We set up an IT/Computer Services company in December and its going well so far.

In answer to the housing question, there is NO problem buying a house out here on the 163 it just has to be your main residence i.e. not bought for investment or to rent out. We bought our house in Secret Harbour the 2nd week we were here. The real estate agent applies to the FIRB for you and it takes between about a week up to a max of 30 days to get confirmation. So, very easy!

Education is free, both my children go to the local primary and you have the odd 'contribution' of about $20 plus all their stationery to pay for but it doesn't amount to much and that is the same as everybody else pays for their kids to go.

We did manage to sign up for Medicare as well, although I know we are supposed to have private healthcare. I'm sure we will get round to it one day but it is good to at least have Medicare for the basics.

You can have your business anywhere, as mentioned it doesn't have to be 50km outside of the CBD but if it is then it is classed as regional which they look kindly on. The dividing line on the SBDC map for regional goes right through Secret Harbour (because it's as the crow flies) so we had to have a bit of a discussion with them over whether they would consider us regional or not. In the end, they told us to go and check a road sign and if that said we were more than 50km then they would go with that. How technical!! They don't always have the answers!!!

Rogue Trader - I think you pm'd me on another site so I will answer you personally.

P J - Look forward to seeing you in Secret Harbour. We love it here and somehow or other we HAVE to make that turnover because there is no way I'm going back to the UK!! They will have to drag me kicking and screaming or else I'm 'going bush' and they'll have to catch me first!!!

To everyone else, good luck with your applications.

If I can help with anything let me know.

Best wishes.

Sam

Hi Sam

Sounds like you are really loving it in Secret Harbour, just cant wait to get there, we love it, such a beautiful place to live.

How old are your children? We have 2 boys 10, 9 & a 7 year old daughter, they are all excited about moving and looking forward to starting a new life in Oz.

Have got some concerns about them joining a new school, but they seem cool about it all, its me who is nervous.

We had a look at Secret Harbour Primary School when we visited last year and really liked the school. Did it take your kids long to settle in?

Also may need some advice from you (if you dont mind) about renting, we are planning to have a house built, so will need to rent for about a year, not too sure on how to go about finding somewhere to live before we get there.

Thanks for all the info, really helpful. Stay in touch.

B
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Hey Craig & Sarah

I know your on-line, arent you suppose to be getting those police checks done today, obviously you needed to get your morning fix of expats first....

B
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:56 am
Aussie Citizen

Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by PJ & B
Hey Craig & Sarah

I know your on-line, arent you suppose to be getting those police checks done today, obviously you needed to get your morning fix of expats first....

B
Hey B.....

Thanks for keeping an eye on him - someone has to or he'd never get any work done. Police checks DEFINITELY going in today. You too?

Ta ta,
Sarah.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
Hey B.....

Thanks for keeping an eye on him - someone has to or he'd never get any work done. Police checks DEFINITELY going in today. You too?

Ta ta,
Sarah.

Hi Sarah

Sending off our police checks today, managed to get off the computer and put them in an envelope, just have to drag myself away to post them now.

Need some help with something though. Just got document checklist for the visa off the DIMA website and one of the questions says "Please address clauses 163.211 and various other clauses of the Migration Regulations 1994". Searched everywhere and cant find the clauses.

If anyone knows where i can find them let me know.

Cheers

B
Old Apr 15th 2005, 11:18 am
Aussie Citizen

Hey Craig & Sarah

B

Hey B.....

Ta ta,
Sarah.

What's goin' on........... It's a conspiracy guv, honest...
Alright, Police checks applied for - sent applications and awaiting reply (hoping for no nasty surprises now, like a knock on the door in the early hours now that they know where I am...)

So, PJ & B - applied for yours? Did you sell the house yesterday?

'The Thorpes' - Hi Sam, thanks for some great advice; yes, I did PM you elsewhere. Will await your reply, Ta.

Catch y'all later.
Craig.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 11:30 am
Aussie Citizen

Hi Sarah

Sending off our police checks today, managed to get off the computer and put them in an envelope, just have to drag myself away to post them now.

Need some help with something though. Just got document checklist for the visa off the DIMA website and one of the questions says "Please address clauses 163.211 and various other clauses of the Migration Regulations 1994". Searched everywhere and cant find the clauses.

If anyone knows where i can find them let me know.

Cheers

B

Hi B,

163.211 says, "The applicant has overall had a successful business career".The rest seem to be the criteria we're already aware of. When I copy links they don't seem to work, but try this one anyway. Once it's open, search for '163.211' and you'll land in the middle of all the 163 visa clauses.http://frli.law.gov.au/s97.vts?VdkVg...ts&action=View

Have fun.
Craig.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Helium Kid is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi B,

163.211 says, "The applicant has overall had a successful business career".The rest seem to be the criteria we're already aware of. When I copy links they don't seem to work, but try this one anyway. Once it's open, search for '163.211' and you'll land in the middle of all the 163 visa clauses.http://frli.law.gov.au/s97.vts?VdkVg...ts&action=View

Have fun.
Craig.

So how much roughly is the entire application costing you 'Go it aloners??'

I'm thinking of aborting mine now if it will save a few grand.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi B,

Have fun.
Craig.

Cheers mate... your a diamond...

Just dont want to balls up the form, wanna get it right first time.

BTW no i did not sell my house yesterday, i had one viewer who lives on my road, who has only lived here a year and basically just wanted a nose around, to see what work we had done on it....So told the estate agent not to send me any time wasters, want some serious buyers...how dare they drag me away from my beloved computer to nosey around my house!!!!! and yes i will be sending police checks off today.

Thanks again

B
Old Apr 15th 2005, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Helium Kid
So how much roughly is the entire application costing you 'Go it aloners??'

I'm thinking of aborting mine now if it will save a few grand.

Hi HK

Hate to tell you this, but it hasnt cost us a penny yet.

As you know drew the business plan up ourselves, like yourself.

PJ took a trip with all the paperwork down to London last month, when the SBDC were doing a seminar at the Aussie High Commission, and had a meeting with the Director of SBDC, who approved the Sponsorship there and then. If you post it to them, it will take about 30 days. We still have to wait for them to post us the 949 Form to send off with the visa, we have been advised we will get this shortly.

The SBDC do not charge you for advice or for getting you the sponsorship. Thankfully its all free, and the amount of questions i ask them im quite glad of the fact.

Like i said in an earlier post to you, perhaps through the site we can all help each other along the way. So far i have had such good advice and support, (THANKS ALL).....

Let us know what you decide to do. Think about what you can do with an extra 5 grand.....

Take Care

B

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.