business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Mar 31st 2005, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point
Question business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

found just a handful of threads about people applying for state sponsored 163 visa, most seem to be applying for skilled visas. Just wanted to know if there was anyone out there who has got this type of visa recently and how long it took from applying. We have already received our sponsorship and are now in the process of applying for our visa. Putting the house on the market when the kids go back to school. We were told to expect 6/9 months to get the visa. We really want to be in Oz by the end of this year as my oldest son is due to start secondary school in September and i would rather he ended his last year in primary school here and dont really want him to start one new school here and then after a few months have to take him out again to start another new school in Oz. Do we sound desperate to go or what........well we are... also has anyone been turned down for the visa, even though they have been sponsored? Thats another worry..Please help so i can get a good nights sleep.

B
Old Apr 1st 2005, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Hi there

I had heard DIMIA taking of 3-9 months depending on country (inherent risk profile) and quality of preparation of your application to DIMIA.

Good luck
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Helium Kid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PJ & B
found just a handful of threads about people applying for state sponsored 163 visa, most seem to be applying for skilled visas. Just wanted to know if there was anyone out there who has got this type of visa recently and how long it took from applying. We have already received our sponsorship and are now in the process of applying for our visa. Putting the house on the market when the kids go back to school. We were told to expect 6/9 months to get the visa. We really want to be in Oz by the end of this year as my oldest son is due to start secondary school in September and i would rather he ended his last year in primary school here and dont really want him to start one new school here and then after a few months have to take him out again to start another new school in Oz. Do we sound desperate to go or what........well we are... also has anyone been turned down for the visa, even though they have been sponsored? Thats another worry..Please help so i can get a good nights sleep.

B

Just going through it all myself.

We are applying for sponsorship this week.

We have sent everything to our agent in OZ except for Police and Med checks.
Like you we would like to be over in December for the Kids schooling and have been told that things could be sorted by September if previous applications are anything to go by.

Not sure I will put the house or business on the market here untill I have some clear indication that a visa will be granted.

Not knowing is an absolute killer isn't it??
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Helium Kid
Just going through it all myself.

We are applying for sponsorship this week.

We have sent everything to our agent in OZ except for Police and Med checks.
Like you we would like to be over in December for the Kids schooling and have been told that things could be sorted by September if previous applications are anything to go by.

Not sure I will put the house or business on the market here untill I have some clear indication that a visa will be granted.

Not knowing is an absolute killer isn't it??

Nice to know we are not the only ones feeling like this.

Our sponsorship only took a month to receive, although we did spend quite a few months doing reseach and drawing up our business proposal.

We are quite luckly as we can live with relatives if we sell before we are ready to go. We decided that if all goes tits up and we dont get our visa, we would move anyway. We have spent the last 2 weeks decorating and sorting the garden out ect, the place has never looked so good.

Good luck hope all goes well for you and you get your sponsorship.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Smile Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Nice to know we are not the only ones feeling like this.

Our sponsorship only took a month to receive, although we did spend quite a few months doing reseach and drawing up our business proposal.

We are quite luckly as we can live with relatives if we sell before we are ready to go. We decided that if all goes tits up and we dont get our visa, we would move anyway. We have spent the last 2 weeks decorating and sorting the garden out ect, the place has never looked so good.

Good luck hope all goes well for you and you get your sponsorship.
Hi, we are looking into applying for the state sponsored visa 163 too. Are only at the finding out stage at the mo but would be really glad of any extra info about applying or what hiccups you've come across if any
Thanks
Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stumpysean
Hi, we are looking into applying for the state sponsored visa 163 too. Are only at the finding out stage at the mo but would be really glad of any extra info about applying or what hiccups you've come across if any
Thanks

Applying for the sponsorship was fairly straight forward as long as you meet the criteria. If you are thinking of going to WA have a look at the Small Business Development Corporation web site www.sbdc.com.au They are really helpful and helped us obtain our state sponsorship.

Good luck.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Smile Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Applying for the sponsorship was fairly straight forward as long as you meet the criteria. If you are thinking of going to WA have a look at the Small Business Development Corporation web site www.sbdc.com.au They are really helpful and helped us obtain our state sponsorship.

Good luck.
Thanks for reply, have been looking at that site, it's really informative isn't it, I think we just about meet all the criteria!!!! I'm a bit confused about where we can actually set up business... does the business have to be 50km from Perth CBD or where you can live??? or am I being really naive????

How long has it taken to get your sponsorship sorted???? and how on earth do you choose what region to go to??? it's like a minefield!!!! We probably will go out next March time (need to save up til then!!) and have a look round and then will apply perhaps if we're 100% after that (also need to generate turnover required by then too!!!)

Any info you know or find out I would be grateful for, Thanks
Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for reply, have been looking at that site, it's really informative isn't it, I think we just about meet all the criteria!!!! I'm a bit confused about where we can actually set up business... does the business have to be 50km from Perth CBD or where you can live??? or am I being really naive????

How long has it taken to get your sponsorship sorted???? and how on earth do you choose what region to go to??? it's like a minefield!!!! We probably will go out next March time (need to save up til then!!) and have a look round and then will apply perhaps if we're 100% after that (also need to generate turnover required by then too!!!)

Any info you know or find out I would be grateful for, Thanks

We took a visit out to Perth last year, hubby hadnt been to Oz before, but I lived there for a year about 15 years ago and travelled all around Oz backpacking and decided I really liked Perth out of all the places I had visited. You really need to take a trip out there to look at locations as to where you want to live and to do some research into setting up the business. We have decided settle in Secret Harbour, its 52km south of Perth and it is beautiful there. As far as I know the visa doesnt state where you have to live, its really where the business is located, and as long as its 50km outside of the met area, you can live where you like, I suppose if you plan to work from home you need to meet the guidelines.

We spent quite a few months drawing up our business plan and doing endless research on the internet, but it was all worth it. Once you have sent off all the paperwork, the sponsorship only takes about 30 days, but i dont know how long it will take to get the visa 6/9 months ive been told.

Hopefully we wont encounter any probs getting the actual visa......wiil keep you posted.

B
Old Apr 13th 2005, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red face Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

We took a visit out to Perth last year, hubby hadnt been to Oz before, but I lived there for a year about 15 years ago and travelled all around Oz backpacking and decided I really liked Perth out of all the places I had visited. You really need to take a trip out there to look at locations as to where you want to live and to do some research into setting up the business. We have decided settle in Secret Harbour, its 52km south of Perth and it is beautiful there. As far as I know the visa doesnt state where you have to live, its really where the business is located, and as long as its 50km outside of the met area, you can live where you like, I suppose if you plan to work from home you need to meet the guidelines.

We spent quite a few months drawing up our business plan and doing endless research on the internet, but it was all worth it. Once you have sent off all the paperwork, the sponsorship only takes about 30 days, but i dont know how long it will take to get the visa 6/9 months ive been told.

Hopefully we wont encounter any probs getting the actual visa......wiil keep you posted.

B

Who did you use??? We are thinking about using Go Matilda, have heard that they're really good. Are you starting up the same sort of business as you are in now???? Did you get help with drawing up business plan from agent or was it all own work??? seems a bit daunting!!! It's so hard trying to plan to start up a new business over here in the U.K let alone in a country you've never been before. Have you got kids that you need to sort out too??? I've got 2 boys 5 + 7 yrs, so there's more than business to sort out. Am I right in saying that people on a temporary 163 visa can't buy a property??? Does that mean that we will have to rent for 4yrs???? If so it's a shame because it's dead money isn't it? I don't mind renting for 6 months or so so we can find the right place to settle but after that I'd much rather buy.
Keep in touch, it's nice to speak to somebody going through the same issues!!!
Old Apr 13th 2005, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Who did you use??? We are thinking about using Go Matilda, have heard that they're really good. Are you starting up the same sort of business as you are in now???? Did you get help with drawing up business plan from agent or was it all own work??? seems a bit daunting!!! It's so hard trying to plan to start up a new business over here in the U.K let alone in a country you've never been before. Have you got kids that you need to sort out too??? I've got 2 boys 5 + 7 yrs, so there's more than business to sort out. Am I right in saying that people on a temporary 163 visa can't buy a property??? Does that mean that we will have to rent for 4yrs???? If so it's a shame because it's dead money isn't it? I don't mind renting for 6 months or so so we can find the right place to settle but after that I'd much rather buy.
Questions, questions and more questions, are you a policeman??
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Just got back from the school run, will try to answer some of your questions.

Firstly we did not use an agent, we drew up the business plan ourselves, which is a good idea as they may ask you questions about it, and its good to know what you are talking about, just remember you are starting a small business not a multimillion pound organisation, so it doesnt have to be too over the top, just detailing what you plan to do business wise. We got some sample business plans off the internet to establish what has to go into it, and then added our own proposal to it. We are going into a totally different type of business, hubby is a sparky by trade, but has run his own shopfitting company for 10 years. We hope to go into the catering business, we have proposed this in business plan.

We have got 2 boys 9 & 10 and a 7 year old daughter, and a dog. The kids are fine about going and we looked at schools on our trip last year. Kids adapt really easily I think it will be harder for us.

You can buy property as long as it is a new property or buy land to build, you just have to get permission from the foreign investment board as you are not a PR but this is not a big prob you can do this when you find somewhere you want to buy or when you buy land. We are planning to have a house built and have found out we can do this.

Hope this info helps.

B
Old Apr 13th 2005, 6:30 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Hi Guys...

We've just found this thread and are relieved to find some others who are in the same visa category as us - most discussion we've found before seems to be around the general skilled visas.

So... PJ & B... you're going into a different business... that's interesting: we hadn't realised that was an option - thought it had to be where your experience was. We also would be interested to know if anyone has been refused a visa after getting sponsorship. As far as time-scales go, we've read about people getting the whole process done in under 12 weeks, so that's pretty encouraging for you if you've already got your sponsorship!!!!!!

Helium Kid... We sent our sponsorship application on 30th March, so it sounds like we're almost at exactly the same stage as you... it'll be interesting to compare notes on our progress.

Stumpysean... As we understand it, the turnover requirement has to be met for any 2 of the last 4 years, so be aware of that. Re buying a house, the answer is as PJ & B said - these guys sound really well-informed; we have been told that it is just a formality and you would not be likely to be refused approval to buy whilst on a temp visa.

Good luck to one and all....!!!!!
RT.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 6:35 pm
Aussie Citizen

Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

After all that, we forgot to ask our own original question...!

To anyone who has applied for sponsorship: when you sent in the sponsorship application, did you send all sorts of supporting evidence? The reason we ask is that we sent in an original set of financial accounts for two years showing the turnover in our business... but we did not send in property valuations and mortgage statements or any other things proving our net worth........ what d'ya reckon...?????

Thanks muchly,
RT.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
After all that, we forgot to ask our own original question...!

To anyone who has applied for sponsorship: when you sent in the sponsorship application, did you send all sorts of supporting evidence? The reason we ask is that we sent in an original set of financial accounts for two years showing the turnover in our business... but we did not send in property valuations and mortgage statements or any other things proving our net worth........ what d'ya reckon...?????

Thanks muchly,
RT.

Im so glad i started this thread, ive finally found some people going for the business visa, like you said most are going for skilled visas.

When we applied for the sponsorship, we only needed to give copies of 2 years accounts and our business proposal, you have to make a list of your assets, amount of mortgage, cash and business assets, once you have got your sponsorship and start applying for your visa thats when you need signed copies of original documents such as valuations, bank statements and proof of assets ect.

We have just put our house on the market this week, so fingers crossed if the visas are only taking 12 weeks we could be on our way quicker than we thought.

Are you using an agent? as we are doing the paperwork ourselves, if you have any tips on preparing the visa application let us know, we are in the process of getting it all together at present.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:46 pm
Aussie Citizen

Im so glad i started this thread, ive finally found some people going for the business visa, like you said most are going for skilled visas.

When we applied for the sponsorship, we only needed to give copies of 2 years accounts and our business proposal, you have to make a list of your assets, amount of mortgage, cash and business assets, once you have got your sponsorship and start applying for your visa thats when you need signed copies of original documents such as valuations, bank statements and proof of assets ect.

We have just put our house on the market this week, so fingers crossed if the visas are only taking 12 weeks we could be on our way quicker than we thought.

Are you using an agent? as we are doing the paperwork ourselves, if you have any tips on preparing the visa application let us know, we are in the process of getting it all together at present.
GREAT...!!!! That's a relief, thanks. We were thinking they would write and ask for valuations next and that would delay the sponsorship.

We also are not using an agent (so far...) and you guys are one step ahead of us, so we're looking to you to give us pointers all the way (no pressure...!!!) so if you've any hints n tips on the visa application form, please do post them here.

This was a great thread to start - well done! Where are you guys heading? We're going for WA - probably a little south of Perth, maybe as far south as Bunbury.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.