Bringing over parents on an 804 Visa

Old Mar 16th 2017, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light
Default Bringing over parents on an 804 Visa

Hi guys

Looking to suggest to my parents that they consider moving over to us on an 804 Visa
The questions I have are :

With a 30 year wait time for the Visa being granted do they automatically get a bridging visa until decisions are met ?

My father is 65 so qualifies, but Mum is 62, can they both apply based on dad's age ? Or do we have to wait until mum is 65 ?

Thanks

Stu
Old Mar 16th 2017, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bringing over parents on an 804 Visa

Yes, they would get a bridging visa.

However, there are serious issues you need to consider with financials and healthcare.

Pensions can be an issue when on bridging visas

Healthcare would be reciprocal only and this does not cover everything by any stretch. This is a major issue for older people.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Stormy

I will check what is covered on Reciprocal Healthcare as this could be an issue.

As both parents have private and State UK pensions, Aussie pensions should not be an issue

I see from the Government website that Aussie pensions could be claimed after 10 years I think.

If anyone has nay personal experience on this route I would love to hear it

Thanks

Stu
Old Mar 17th 2017, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

You do realise that their UK State Pensions will be frozen at the level they receive when leaving the UK?
Old Mar 17th 2017, 3:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stu Ward
Thanks Stormy

I will check what is covered on Reciprocal Healthcare as this could be an issue.

As both parents have private and State UK pensions, Aussie pensions should not be an issue

I see from the Government website that Aussie pensions could be claimed after 10 years I think.

If anyone has nay personal experience on this route I would love to hear it

Thanks

Stu
10 years in Australia as PR or citizen for an Aus state pension, and then they are means tested. That means that a lot of people with a full UK state pension cannot qualify for the Aus one as they fail the means test. Possessing a UK private pension as well they are almost certain to get nothing from Aus, even if they get10 years as PR.

Reciprocal healthcare only covers emergency treatment. No elective healthcare, no regular GP visits etc.
Old Mar 17th 2017, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

Looking to suggest to my parents that they consider moving over to us on an 804 Visa
The questions I have are :

With a 30 year wait time for the Visa being granted do they automatically get a bridging visa until decisions are met ?

My father is 65 so qualifies, but Mum is 62, can they both apply based on dad's age ? Or do we have to wait until mum is 65 ?

Thanks

Stu
Assuming eligible then if they apply onshore a Bridging Visa would be granted. You would be advised to be aware of the implications of the wait on this visa.
With regard to age only one parent needs to qualify - however, be aware the eligible age will is increasing in July (Aged Parent Visas | Taylor Made Immigration).
Old Mar 17th 2017, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
10 years in Australia as PR or citizen for an Aus state pension, and then they are means tested. That means that a lot of people with a full UK state pension cannot qualify for the Aus one as they fail the means test. Possessing a UK private pension as well they are almost certain to get nothing from Aus, even if they get10 years as PR.

Reciprocal healthcare only covers emergency treatment. No elective healthcare, no regular GP visits etc.
Are you certain about the reciprocal healthcare bit ?
We came over on a 457 initially and our reciprocal card covered regular GP visits.
What about bulkbilled doctors ?
Old Mar 17th 2017, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Reciprocal covers Essential treatment which is more than just emergencies. You get Medicare rebate if not bulk billed. So for some more chronic issues what is considered essential may be an issue. Medical practitioners have guidelines for this.

We were on reciprocal for a while and it covered us for ultrasound tests, blood tests and gp visits apart from the gap charges.

You can check direct on the Medicare website. I am not sure about the 804 though some visas do still require private insurance even if from the UK.
Old Mar 17th 2017, 6:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rammygirl
Reciprocal covers Essential treatment which is more than just emergencies. You get Medicare rebate if not bulk billed. So for some more chronic issues what is considered essential may be an issue. Medical practitioners have guidelines for this.

We were on reciprocal for a while and it covered us for ultrasound tests, blood tests and gp visits apart from the gap charges.

You can check direct on the Medicare website. I am not sure about the 804 though some visas do still require private insurance even if from the UK.
Some GP practices will not cover ordinary visits on reciprocal agreements. Whether that is correct I have no idea, but I wouldn't be relying on it. Reciprocal, like the Uk end of the deal, is designed for urgent stuff that cannot wait until you get home. I know some Brits in Aus have reported being able to get all sorts of elective treatment covered, just like some Aussies in the Uk have, but I certainly wouldn't be relying on that being the case, as strictly speaking it doesn't come under the agreement. There is a huge grey area in the land of reciprocal care.

However, I'm a firm believer intrying and seeing what you can get! Just want people to be aware that they may find themselves with a bill if the healthcare provider they choose decides that something is outside of the agreement.
Old Mar 17th 2017, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Pollyanna and Rammygirl.
Great advice.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 1:15 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Bridging Visas and Medicare in Australia | GM Parent Visas

Hi Stu.

This blog might be of interest too.

Best regards.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Allan

Looks like their routine medication ( bit of arthritis, associated with normal aging ) would be covered by the reciprocal agreement.

Stuart
Old Apr 4th 2017, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Quickly resurrecting this as I have a further question.
If they are to apply for an 804 Visa on arrival later this year they are required to arrive with a visa that does not have a "No further stay" condition.
They come to visit us on a normal holiday Visa. I think its a 601. Can apply with this Visa ?
If not, can anyone recommend a temp Visa that does not have the No further stay condition ?

Many Thanks
Old Apr 4th 2017, 3:09 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Quickly resurrecting this as I have a further question.
If they are to apply for an 804 Visa on arrival later this year they are required to arrive with a visa that does not have a "No further stay" condition.
They come to visit us on a normal holiday Visa. I think its a 601. Can apply with this Visa ?
If not, can anyone recommend a temp Visa that does not have the No further stay condition ?

Many Thanks

Hi Stu.

I will only say here that you should recognise that the purpose of a visitor visa is to holiday in Australia, and to visit friends and family.

It is not intended to be used to facilitate the lodging of an onshore visa application.

Exercise care.

Best regards.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Hi Stu.

I will only say here that you should recognise that the purpose of a visitor visa is to holiday in Australia, and to visit friends and family.

It is not intended to be used to facilitate the lodging of an onshore visa application.

Exercise care.

Best regards.

Hi Alan

Is that a professional response saying that it is possible, but in doing so covering your own arse ?

In all seriousness I do appreciate your help 😜

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.