BMS/Controls Engineer - SOL???

Old Jan 21st 2018, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

JamRich87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BMS/Controls Engineer - SOL???

Hi There,

I am planning on moving to Australia in a couple of years, The profession I work in is BMS Building Management Systems also known as Building Controls Engineer. I work in all aspects of the industry and am highly sort after both here in the UK and Australia. I have been looking on the Australian gov website and cannot find a direct link to BMS/Controls although I have seen air conditioning engineer.

Are there any people out there in the controls industry that could help me to find how they applied?

A lot of people go down the electrical route, I got into the industry via another route (electrical design) 10 years ago and have no formal electrical qualifications.

Has anyone been in the same boat?

As a controls engineer I typically pre-commission (Point checking, port valves etc) write the software (Trend,Siemens) and then commission all HVAC plant (Boilers,Pumps, AHU's etc) I also design graphics for the building's BMS computer to help people monitor and maintain a building.

I have seen jobs in Oz for HVAC technicians but I cant find this on the SOL/CSOL list.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Old Jan 22nd 2018, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

JamRich87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BMS/Controls Engineer - SOL???

Any advice would be great