In a bit of a muddle....

Old Jan 16th 2008, 11:35 am
Just Joined

1Ben is an unknown quantity at this point
Question In a bit of a muddle....

Hi Guys! this is my first post so we'll see what sort of response I get!
I'm in a bit of a muddle,I'm 22 from London and I'm thinking of going plumbing to get a trade in the UK,it'll take a long time and cost a lot of money which I'm prepared to do.
Anyone from the UK trying to get into a trade here will know how hard it is starting out.
However the goal is to move out to Oz in the future,but it struck me today if I could get a student visa and do my course over their...? I'm unsure if I'd get one at my age? I'm not that old!
Would I be able to get on a course no problem? Has anyone on here had the same sort of visa (student)?
I hope someone may have an answer! and I welcome any comments or suggestions,and thankyou for reading my post

Ben
Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:19 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In a bit of a muddle....

Sorry nobody replied to your post earlier!

Yes you can get a student visa, yes there are lots of places for plumbing courses. No you're not too old to do it. You will only be able to work 20 hours a week whilst you are doing it, and you will need to be able to prove that you have enough money to support yourself during your studies!

Hope this helps a bit!

Ali x
Old Jan 17th 2008, 12:31 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alipally
Sorry nobody replied to your post earlier!

Yes you can get a student visa, yes there are lots of places for plumbing courses. No you're not too old to do it. You will only be able to work 20 hours a week whilst you are doing it, and you will need to be able to prove that you have enough money to support yourself during your studies!
There is no guarantee he would be allowed to stay in Australia after completing course. Fees for an overseas student will likely be high.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

Thanks allipally! yeah it seems to be a little different over here in the UK,I've looked into it and the courses are cheaper here and they welcome foreign students with open arms!
I just fancied doing my plumbing over their and getting my licence.I've read soooooo many threads on forums of people doing the courses in the UK and when they get over to Oz it's a whole different set-up.
A few said they have to go back and do a two year course just to get a licence...?
Thats the only thing with these forums,as much as I like reading them everyone seems to come up with all sorts of different stories,it's all just a bit confusing! one person says this then another says this.
You don't know what to believe!
thanks for replying
benny
Old Jan 17th 2008, 8:55 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Benny, life is an adventure, you might want to try a WHV... first then you can back pack around Aus, work a bit (up to 4 months with any single employer) and if you do the seasonal work, you will get to stay for two years!

If you're single and no commitments, then just go for it!!!

Ali x
Old Jan 17th 2008, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alipally
Hey Benny, life is an adventure, you might want to try a WHV... first then you can back pack around Aus, work a bit (up to 4 months with any single employer) and if you do the seasonal work, you will get to stay for two years!

If you're single and no commitments, then just go for it!!!

Ali x
It's 6 months
Old Jan 18th 2008, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

yeah ali I'd love to do it all again.But I've already been over their just under two years then went over to Nz for another year.
I've been back in the UK now for 5 months and it's awful.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 12:34 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1Ben
yeah ali I'd love to do it all again.But I've already been over their just under two years then went over to Nz for another year.
I've been back in the UK now for 5 months and it's awful.

What visa did you have last time then?
Old Jan 18th 2008, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

JPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to all

Originally Posted by 1Ben
Thanks allipally! yeah it seems to be a little different over here in the UK,I've looked into it and the courses are cheaper here and they welcome foreign students with open arms!
I just fancied doing my plumbing over their and getting my licence.I've read soooooo many threads on forums of people doing the courses in the UK and when they get over to Oz it's a whole different set-up.
A few said they have to go back and do a two year course just to get a licence...?
Thats the only thing with these forums,as much as I like reading them everyone seems to come up with all sorts of different stories,it's all just a bit confusing! one person says this then another says this.
You don't know what to believe!
thanks for replying
benny
hi

my cousin went over after he did a plumbing course here. he is still at college over in sydney as he had to do more studying anyway. i think it was another 2 yr course(only part time though) as he then went over on another skilled visa on what he was originally trained to do.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

Oh I see,your cousin went over and studied for another trade.
I did look at plumbing courses in Oz,but I didn't find many.
I found one in Melbourne,but I wasn't sure if this is the right one to go on.

Are there any Plumbers out their that have done there training over in Oz? if so what course and where was it based?

Thanks for reading my post
Benny