Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Birth Certificate's Alternate in Pakistan :: FRC

Birth Certificate's Alternate in Pakistan :: FRC

Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:57 am
Siozakk

khurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nice
Default Birth Certificate's Alternate in Pakistan :: FRC

I have read many posts about people not having their birth certificates and are confused what to do if they can't get birth certificates now. As, for me, in this age, its almost impossible for me to get birth certificate from government now. I don't know about other countries but I want to share this information with applicants from Pakistan. This might be useful for them.

DIAC asks for a document that contains names of both parents of all applicants and their dates of birth. Normally Birth Certificate contains this information but in Pakistan, NADRA is issuing a document called "Family Registration Certificate (FRC)" that contains the required information. Family Based FRC contains information of your whole family including parents, brothers and sisters whereas Marriage Based FRC includes information of u, ur spouse and all children. This is a list of all persons with their father's name, mother's name and person's date of birth. So for most of the people who are going to apply for australian immigration and their parents are not included as depedants, marriage based FRC would work.

Just go to NADRA office, take your spouse and children, FORM B and original NIC's along with you and you will get the FRC on same day for Rs. 500. I and my friend used the same document in place of birth certificates and it was accepted by DIAC.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

fahadkhan389 will become famous soon enoughfahadkhan389 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Birth Certificate's Alternate in Pakistan :: FRC

Thanx khurram for this valuable information...
I also dont have the birth certificate and i am planning to get married(nikah) before applying to DIAC so i can apply for spouse as well then i will be applying may be in first week of february

I need to clarify some questions here if u can answer...

1)i don't have B-form unfortunately i have original NIC...will it work for family FRC??

2)As you said DIAC is required names of both parents of all applicants and their dates of birth...i will be needed family FRC as i dont have parents as dependents.i want to ask u that family FRC will contain my parents and my spouse parents name and date of birth??

3)Can i apply with my fiance's current passport after marriage or it must be updated with my name(husband name)?,currently she has her father name on her passport.

best regards
Fahad
Old Dec 16th 2009, 12:51 pm
Siozakk

khurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nice

Originally Posted by fahadkhan389
Thanx khurram for this valuable information...
I also dont have the birth certificate and i am planning to get married(nikah) before applying to DIAC so i can apply for spouse as well then i will be applying may be in first week of february

I need to clarify some questions here if u can answer...

1)i don't have B-form unfortunately i have original NIC...will it work for family FRC??

2)As you said DIAC is required names of both parents of all applicants and their dates of birth...i will be needed family FRC as i dont have parents as dependents.i want to ask u that family FRC will contain my parents and my spouse parents name and date of birth??

3)Can i apply with my fiance's current passport after marriage or it must be updated with my name(husband name)?,currently she has her father name on her passport.

best regards
Fahad
You need Form B for your children under 18. not for yourself. your NIC is enough.
you have not added ur parents as dependants so apply for a marriage based FRC. That will contain your and your spouse's and your children's information (parents' names, date of birth)
If your wife doesn't change her name after marriage (mine didn't ) then you don't need to worry. But if her name is changed on NIC then of course you need to get a new passport for her.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

fahadkhan389 will become famous soon enoughfahadkhan389 will become famous soon enough

Dear Khurram
it means marriage based FRC will not contain the information about my parents and my spouse's parents then how will it be equivalent to Birth certificate bcoz u said CO wants info about applicant father and mothername that contains in birth certificate ?incase of no children in my case dont u think it FRC will give the same info as marriage certificate?and our CNIC already contains the date of birth...info abt father name and mother name of the applicant will still be missing in case of marriage based FRC....plz correct me if my understanding is still not correct...

thanx for ur patience

regards
fahad
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:11 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

I spoke to NADRA officer a moment ago, I asked, I don’t have a Birth Certificate and want a FRC but tell me what members will be included in my FRC.
She replied, in my family tree my parents and sisters are available but my elder brother and wife are not listed but she suggested that you can get a single document with detail of all family members including parents, brothers, sisters and your wife as well. You must have original id’s of all missing members you want to add.
So I think there is no problem of choosing marriage or family FRC. We should obtain a single FRC with all member’s detail
Old Dec 17th 2009, 12:09 pm
Siozakk

Originally Posted by fahadkhan389
Dear Khurram
it means marriage based FRC will not contain the information about my parents and my spouse's parents then how will it be equivalent to Birth certificate bcoz u said CO wants info about applicant father and mothername that contains in birth certificate ?incase of no children in my case dont u think it FRC will give the same info as marriage certificate?and our CNIC already contains the date of birth...info abt father name and mother name of the applicant will still be missing in case of marriage based FRC....plz correct me if my understanding is still not correct...

thanx for ur patience

regards
fahad
Don't worry buddy. I am very patient well suppose there is a Mr. Husband, his wife is Mrs. Wife and they have a child Mr. Child. So the format of marriage based FRC will be like this:

photo Mr. Husband - Husband's Name - Husband's father Name - Husband's Mother Name - Husband's DOB

Photo Mrs Wife - Wife's Name - Wife's father Name - Wife's Mother Name - Wife's DOB

Photo Mr. Child - Child's Name - Child's father name - Child's Mother Name - Child's DOB

Hope it is clear now. In case of Family Based FRC, list will contain all your brothers, sisters, mother and father as well. But in that case you will need the NIC's of all of them and if any information is missing in any of the NIC (like my mother's NIC was not entered in backend database and same was the case with my wife), you will have to get that NIC modified, have the missing information entered and then apply for FRC. I and my wife had to have our NIC's modified (process is same as applying for a new NIC) because we didn't have our mothers' entry in database. Then we had to wait for 15 days to get our new NIC's and then we got FRC.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

What a prototyping format of FRC!!!..
It's quite clear now....thanx a lot

best regards,
Fahad
Old Dec 31st 2009, 2:26 pm
Banned

azz017 will become famous soon enough

Guys!can u tell me one thing.
I Have with me my Form B with family tree information and Date of birth and all that u might know.
I want to use it for family tree information
Will they verify my DOB from My passport only???
2nd question is that on our B form,ID card nos of whole family are old ones.NADRA issued computerized ones quite later and Form B shows older nos
will that effect my position somehow in front of CO or its ok??
KIndly tell
Old Jan 1st 2010, 3:31 am
Siozakk

Originally Posted by azz017
Guys!can u tell me one thing.
I Have with me my Form B with family tree information and Date of birth and all that u might know.
I want to use it for family tree information
Will they verify my DOB from My passport only???
2nd question is that on our B form,ID card nos of whole family are old ones.NADRA issued computerized ones quite later and Form B shows older nos
will that effect my position somehow in front of CO or its ok??
KIndly tell
If Form B has old NIC numbers then its not valid now. NADRA must be issuing new forms with new NIC numbers (I don't know as I never needed Form B and have never seen it) Moreover you will have to have it translated into english as well because I think its in Urdu. So why don't you go for FRC spending just a couple of hours and avoid any risks and complexitites.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 4:27 am
Banned

sure i will....thank u
Old Jan 6th 2010, 7:18 am
Banned

kindly tell me.i have all other documents ready and can use passport as birth proof.FRC will be here in 4 days,should i wait for it or lodge online application??i am confused whether birth certificate need to be with me while lodging online application or not???
2-i am gonna apply for GSM relative sponsored(actually brother)176 class and intending to use FRC for family tree information as well?
so will it be accepted to cater both needs???
thanks
Old Jan 6th 2010, 7:27 am
Siozakk

Originally Posted by azz017
kindly tell me.i have all other documents ready and can use passport as birth proof.FRC will be here in 4 days,should i wait for it or lodge online application??i am confused whether birth certificate need to be with me while lodging online application or not???
2-i am gonna apply for GSM relative sponsored(actually brother)176 class and intending to use FRC for family tree information as well?
so will it be accepted to cater both needs???
thanks
1 - I don't have any idea about online applications so someone else might better guide u about what documents must be included while lodging application or not. for paper based applications, u must send birth certificate along with the application.

2 - Yes, FRC will be accepted but in that case, don't go for Marriage based FRC, rather Family Based FRC which contains the information of your parents, brothers and sisters.