Australian Permanent Work Visa

Old Oct 15th 2014, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

BeeGees is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Australian Permanent Work Visa

Hi
I am 43 yr old IT Professional Guy.
Currently am working on Storage , Backup and Archiving Technologies such as NetApp, NetBackup and Enterprise Vault.
I want to apply for the Australian PR Visa....
Need to understand how to go about this....I don't want to go thru any agent..
I am Bachelor of Engineer in Electronics and have more than 10 yrs of relevant IT Experience.
Will my age factor be a problem?
Will my BE(Electronic) and IT experience be considered miss-alignment between the two?
If the answer is NO to the above question...then would appreciate below answers:
Which option to choose for applying appropriate VISA?
How to submit my documents to ACS for Invitation letter?
Appreciate all your help on this?
Thanks
regards
Beegees
Old Oct 15th 2014, 2:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Permanent Work Visa

Go to Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection and read about the 189 or 190 visa.

Then check the SOL and CSOL to see if your occupation is on either list. Maybe do that and tell us how you get on.
Old Oct 16th 2014, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Thanks ...will do and inform accordingly
Old Oct 17th 2014, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

f4fred is on a distinguished road

To know about your eduction and work experience suitability, you may want to have a look at: https://acs.org.au/contact-us/skills-assessment
Old Oct 18th 2014, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

venkates77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your age will not be a problem, but the age can provide you some points which might be less (i believe for 43 yrs you will get 20 points). For an applicant to qualify 60 points is the cut off and because you get only 20 points for the age factor, the other things like IELTS you may need to score at the higher end of the band to equalize.

From your degree perspective, I don't see much of issues and i have heard from my friends with similar background assessed positively by ACS in the past.

Wish you all the best!
Old Oct 18th 2014, 4:19 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by venkates77
Your age will not be a problem, but the age can provide you some points which might be less (i believe for 43 yrs you will get 20 points). For an applicant to qualify 60 points is the cut off and because you get only 20 points for the age factor, the other things like IELTS you may need to score at the higher end of the band to equalize.

From your degree perspective, I don't see much of issues and i have heard from my friends with similar background assessed positively by ACS in the past.

Wish you all the best!
15 points are awarded between the ages of 40 and 44 inclusive. A degree if assessed is worth 15 points. If ACS assess degree as ICT minor, 5 or 6 years experience will be required. If it is considered non-ICT then it will be 6 years experience plus RPL. Points are only awarded for skilled employment.
Old Oct 21st 2014, 7:33 am
Just Joined

Thanks...I do find my Skills on the Level 1
Old Oct 21st 2014, 7:40 am
Just Joined

Instead ...what I have arrived at is something like this :
Qualification: Electronic Engineering =---points (15)
Work Experience: 8+yrs = ---points (15) (documented evidence mandatory)
IELTS: (General) 7.0 each = ---points (10)
State Nomination: (South Australia) = ---points (5)

Required Points: 60
Scored Points: 60

Does this look good enough to qualify for the Visa ...!
Old Oct 21st 2014, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Now my only concern is whether I need to wait for my IELTS Exam to be done before I submit Expression of Interest on the Australian Visa site
OR I can go ahead and submit expression of Interest now and in the mean time prepare myself to give the IELTS Exam in next month.
Please let me know. Appreciate all the help and replies
Old Oct 21st 2014, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BeeGees
Now my only concern is whether I need to wait for my IELTS Exam to be done before I submit Expression of Interest on the Australian Visa site
OR I can go ahead and submit expression of Interest now and in the mean time prepare myself to give the IELTS Exam in next month.
Please let me know. Appreciate all the help and replies
There is no benefit whatsoever in doing your EOI before you have things in place. Wait and do the EOI when you are ready. You certainly must not declare you have IELTS before you do.
Old Oct 21st 2014, 8:24 am
Just Joined

That makes absolute sense...will do IELTS and the submit EOI accordingly. Thanks for the prompt reply.
Old Oct 21st 2014, 8:51 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BeeGees
Instead ...what I have arrived at is something like this :
Qualification: Electronic Engineering =---points (15)
Work Experience: 8+yrs = ---points (15) (documented evidence mandatory)
IELTS: (General) 7.0 each = ---points (10)
State Nomination: (South Australia) = ---points (5)

Required Points: 60
Scored Points: 60

Does this look good enough to qualify for the Visa ...!
Will you have 8 years of experience left after the skills assessment?

Experience used to deem you skilled does not count for points - https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets...teria-2014.pdf