Australian passport: UK to France?

Old Nov 20th 2014, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of
Question Australian passport: UK to France?

Hi guys,

I am just wondering if anyone can give me some advice, I am going to the UK for Xmas, and at some point while I am there, I am hoping to visit Paris... Will I have problems going from the UK to France on an Australian passport? Has anyone made this kind of trip before? Please let me know what you all think.

Thanks,

Jamie
Old Nov 20th 2014, 10:00 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian passport: UK to France?

Why do you think you would have a problem? Neither the UK or France require Australian citizens to have a visa if coming as a visitor.

The only problem you may have is, having spent a long time in the UK on a visitor stamp, then returning to the UK after visiting France for a short period as UK immigration may think you were attempting a visa run to give yourself another six months in the UK and therefore not be a genuine visitor.

If you are only visiting the UK for a short period before visiting France then even if you need to return to the UK to catch your return flight to Australia you should be fine. Worst case scenario is that you would only be stamped into the UK until your departure date rather than the full six months normally available to you.

At any rate you should always bring proof of your return ticket to Australia to allay any fears UK or French immigration may have about the purpose of your visit.
Old Nov 20th 2014, 10:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

This is a forum about Australian immigration, not French immigration, so might not be too many of us familiar with the French regulations. Do you have a British passport you can switch to? Otherwise my guess is the Australian one would be ok but I wouldn't take my word for that.
Old Nov 20th 2014, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of
Question Re: Australian passport: UK to France?

BritInParis: I don't know if I WOULD have a problem... I'm a paranoid person and wanted to ask the question!

Bermudashorts: Please advise where you think I should put this post if this is not the appropriate or best place.
Old Nov 20th 2014, 10:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdt3000
BritInParis: I don't know if I WOULD have a problem... I'm a paranoid person and wanted to ask the question!

Bermudashorts: Please advise where you think I should put this post if this is not the appropriate or best place.
Well as it is a question about French immigration and absolutely nothing to do with Australian immigration, there is a French forum I believe. Otherwise I would have thought a two minute google would answer the question...
Old Nov 21st 2014, 2:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdt3000

I agree wtih BritinParis, you shouldn't have an isse, if you do it would only be a query as to your onward travel from the UK sotake proof of your flight back to Aus. I assume you no lnger have a British passport?
Old Nov 21st 2014, 3:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

No problem at all these days. Gone are the days when Aussies were required to obtain a visa for La France, some considerable time ago.
UK immigration are or can be the more difficult party.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

Angry Re: Australian passport: UK to France?

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Well as it is a question about French immigration and absolutely nothing to do with Australian immigration, there is a French forum I believe. Otherwise I would have thought a two minute google would answer the question...
Bermudashorts: Seeing as I am going to France from the UK on an Australian passport, I thought the best people to ask would be other people who hold Australian passports and who may have also gone from the UK to France on that passport. Looking for an Australian passport holder in the French forum who had experience of going from the UK to France on that passport wouldn't have gotten me an answer nearly as quickly. Does that make it any clearer for you as to why I posted it in the Australian forum, not the French forum? And NO, not even a 20 minute Google search came up with a clear answer. I came here to ask an honest question, NOT to get attitude and snide remarks.

Pollyanna, Troubadour and BritInParis: Thanks for your help and constructive comments.