Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Australian Citizenship Processing time 2014

Australian Citizenship Processing time 2014

Old Mar 18th 2014, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

justanothernomad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australian Citizenship Processing time 2014

Hola to all,

Now forgive me for starting yet another thread with the same question. I have browsed through a lot of threads to see the latest update on the citizenship processing time, but they all seem to be old.

So, here is my deets:

Date Applied - 26th December 2013
Test on - 21st January 2014
Approved letter received - 23rd January 2014
Citizenship ceremony - ?

Now, I know it hasn't been that long for me, but just wondering how long did it take others. My council area WAS Melbourne CBD, until I moved to a new place at the start of February 2014. Now, it is Bayside City council. I have updated the address with DIAC already to Bayside City council. I don't know how much would the council area affect the processing time - but, if it is faster in the CBD, I can change the council back to it.

The reason why I am being so restless is because I hope to travel - go to Brazil for World Cup in July and then live the nomadic life for a year or so. Definitely not a good enough reason for DIAC to sort me out soon.

Gracias!

Last edited by justanothernomad; Mar 18th 2014 at 3:35 am.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 3:26 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Citizenship Processing time 2014

Originally Posted by justanothernomad
Hola to all,

Now forgive me to starting yet another thread with the same question. I have browsed through a lot of threads to see the latest update on the citizenship processing time, but they all seem to be old.

So, here is my deets:

Citizenship ceremony - ?

Now, I know it hasn't been that long for me, but just wondering how long did it take others. My council area WAS Melbourne CBD, until I moved to a new place at the start of February 2014. Now, it is Bayside City council. I don't know how much would the council area affect the processing time - but, if it is faster in the CBD, I can change the council back to it.

The reason why I am being so restless is because I hope to travel - go to Brazil for World Cup in July and then live the nomadic life for a year or so. Definitely not a good enough reason for DIAC to sort me out soon.

Gracias!
Did you inform DIBP of the move as they assign you to citizenship ceremony. Found this if it's any help - http://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/FORR...eremonies.aspx

As you can see there is a telephone number to call but how helpful it is I've no idea
Old Mar 18th 2014, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Did you inform DIBP of the move as they assign you to citizenship ceremony. Found this if it's any help - http://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/FORR...eremonies.aspx

As you can see there is a telephone number to call but how helpful it is I've no idea
I have updated the address with them, yes.

The numbers are no use. The council say they have no say in this. Sigh.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 3:46 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I have updated the address with them, yes.

The numbers are no use. The council say they have no say in this. Sigh.
I thought the number on that page was for DIBP - sorry
Old Mar 18th 2014, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

I thought the number on that page was for DIBP - sorry
Oops. And it was indeed the DIBP's number. They don't give any info as well Just ask to wait patiently.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

whtzau is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Australian Citizenship Processing time 2014

Hola to all,

Now forgive me for starting yet another thread with the same question. I have browsed through a lot of threads to see the latest update on the citizenship processing time, but they all seem to be old.

So, here is my deets:

Citizenship ceremony - ?

Now, I know it hasn't been that long for me, but just wondering how long did it take others. My council area WAS Melbourne CBD, until I moved to a new place at the start of February 2014. Now, it is Bayside City council. I have updated the address with DIAC already to Bayside City council. I don't know how much would the council area affect the processing time - but, if it is faster in the CBD, I can change the council back to it.

Gracias!

will DIBP notify applicants interview/test date and citizenship ceremony by ordinary mail ? or by email ? could you share your experience? thanks.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 6:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whtzau
will DIBP notify applicants interview/test date and citizenship ceremony by ordinary mail ? or by email ? could you share your experience? thanks.
Both. The email was sent to the wrong email addr,ess, not even close to mine, And the letter got lost in the post. I only found out anything by ringing them and asking whether I was ever likely to hear anything.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Both. The email was sent to the wrong email addr,ess, not even close to mine, And the letter got lost in the post. I only found out anything by ringing them and asking whether I was ever likely to hear anything.
so it's better to proactively check status with immigration monthly ? : - )
Old Mar 18th 2014, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
That's very unfortunate. I didn't get notified by email, only post. But, I always check the status online anyway.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

That's very unfortunate. I didn't get notified by email, only post. But, I always check the status online anyway.
Hi, was wondering if online tracking well tell us the ceremony date ? Thanks.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

in case we did not receive email or mail from DIBP, will online status checking tell us the date of interview and ceremony ? or we should keep calling DIBP to get the status.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by whtzau
in case we did not receive email or mail from DIBP, will online status checking tell us the date of interview and ceremony ? or we should keep calling DIBP to get the status.
How about a little patience - do you know the dates of the ceremonies for your council?
Old Mar 19th 2014, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

How about a little patience - do you know the dates of the ceremonies for your council?
lol. Yep, patience buddy! You are next in line - I was first

Wondering where all the people you got their citizenship recently are?!
Old Mar 19th 2014, 5:45 am

lol. Yep, patience buddy! You are next in line - I was first

Wondering where all the people you got their citizenship recently are?!
Found this thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...zenship&page=7

Looked at a few recent approvals, and wait after test seemed to be around 5 months or so
Old Mar 19th 2014, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

Found this thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...zenship&page=7

Looked at a few recent approvals, and wait after test seemed to be around 5 months or so
You are amazing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.