Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Australian citizen to bring her pregnant wife

Australian citizen to bring her pregnant wife

Old Apr 17th 2016, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

dalam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australian citizen to bring her pregnant wife

Hi Friends,

Hope you are doing well. I am a Australian Citizen (got PR 2009).
My wife lives in overseas and he in not a resident of Australia. We are preparing to launch her application but she is pregnant. For that reason, we change our mind and want to go for tourist visa application.

Can anyone help me to get answer of following queries:

1. If my wife come to Australia as a tourist, she will get any medical facilities as a ground of having baby of a Australian citizen?

2. Can we apply her spouse VISA as a onshore application?

3. If my wife failed to come due to her medical condition, my upcoming baby will be citizen by decent. Is there any condition for that?

Regards,
D Alam
Old Apr 17th 2016, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian citizen to bring her pregnant wife

Where is your wife from? If she is from a country with a reciprocal health agreement with Australia then she may have access to limited medicare, but being pregnant with what will be an Australian citizen is not going to be criteria for accessing medicare no.

Some people might get away with coming to Australia on a tourist visa in order to lodge onshore, but it is not a legitimate pathway and somebody else might not get away with it. If your wife is from a high risk country, she stands less chance of succeeding and also the tourist visa could have a no further stay condition.
Old Apr 18th 2016, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply.

My wife is from Bangladesh. Is there any chance to get medical help?

If possible, can you please answer my following ques as well:
3. If my wife failed to come due to her medical condition, my upcoming baby will be citizen by decent. Is there any condition for that?
Old Apr 18th 2016, 12:22 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dalam
Thanks for your reply.

My wife is from Bangladesh. Is there any chance to get medical help?

If possible, can you please answer my following ques as well:
Bangladesh probably does not have reciprocal health care, so no there is no free medical for her.

Yes, your child would likely be a citizen by descent if you are the parent.

Sorry...just looking back at your previous posts. You said you separated from your wife in 2012. And what happened to the spouse visa application you had going?

Last edited by Dorothy; Apr 18th 2016 at 12:27 am.
Old Apr 18th 2016, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Dorothy for your reply.

Unfortunately I got divorced with my first wife although she got spouse VISA approved and she did not come to Australia. I informed to dept. regarding our divorce. As I know, there is rule if I was sponsor for spouse VISA and VISA was expired, then I can not sponsor for another spouse VISA for five year, is it right? Can I sponsor other category of VISA or same rule will apply for any kind of VISA?

And I got married 2nd time last year and had a good news to be a father...I am very happy. Please pray for my upcoming baby
Old Apr 18th 2016, 1:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Friends,

Hope you are doing well. I am a Australian Citizen (got PR 2009).
My wife lives in overseas and he in not a resident of Australia. We are preparing to launch her application but she is pregnant. For that reason, we change our mind and want to go for tourist visa application.

Can anyone help me to get answer of following queries:

1. If my wife come to Australia as a tourist, she will get any medical facilities as a ground of having baby of a Australian citizen?

2. Can we apply her spouse VISA as a onshore application?

Regards,
D Alam
You cannot sponsor your wife for a spouse visa lodging either onshore OR offshore until five years after your previous sponsorship.
Old Apr 18th 2016, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You cannot sponsor your wife for a spouse visa lodging either onshore OR offshore until five years after your previous sponsorship.
Thanks a lot for your reply...but this bar should bot be applicable for other category of Visa like tourist Visa, right?
Old Apr 18th 2016, 4:25 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot for your reply...but this bar should bot be applicable for other category of Visa like tourist Visa, right?
If yourwife wants to apply for a tourist visa she can. I would be very surprised if she got it though. She's pregnant, she has an Australian citizen spouse, and she is not able to be sponsored for a spouse visa. This all sounds like very much a risk for overstay.
Old Apr 18th 2016, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

It's snowing again!
Old Apr 18th 2016, 7:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

You won't know for certain without trying and nobody here knows either.

But I personally think her chances of getting a tourist visa are quite slim. As Dorothy explained, she does not look like a genuine tourist (and indeed she isn't). Even if she did get a tourist visa, it is likely to have a no further stay condition meaning she could not lodge the spouse visa onshore.
Old Apr 18th 2016, 9:13 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
If yourwife wants to apply for a tourist visa she can. I would be very surprised if she got it though. She's pregnant, she has an Australian citizen spouse, and she is not able to be sponsored for a spouse visa. This all sounds like very much a risk for overstay.
I agree. I would imagine DIBP would view her as a very hgh risk for overstaying.
Old Apr 18th 2016, 9:21 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid that I have to agree with the other posters. She's married to an Australian citizen, pregnant, and has no substantial visa of her own. These are not circumstances that will go in her favour. It's doubtful that they would grant her a tourist visa, as she's an overstaying risk. Even if they did, for some reason, grant her a visa, she may well be turned back at the airport on arrival.

As for healthcare, Bangladesh is not part of the reciprocal healthcare agreement, so she wouldn't be able to use Medicare.

If you want her here soon, she'll probably need to apply for her own skilled visa (if she's eligible). Otherwise, she's going to have to wait until the five years are up before you're able to sponsor a partner again.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Hi All,

Hope you are doing well.

As mentioned, my wife is 7 month pregnant and we are planning to send spouse VISA application after getting birth of new baby at months of Nov'16
As I have applied VISA for my previous wife on Feb'2012. Is it wise to apply before Feb'2017 (before 5 yrs time frame)?

Can I apply spouse VISA and citizen by decent of upcoming baby from my immi user?

After citizen of decent application, how can I collect my baby's citizen certificate from Australia as baby will be offshore at that time? And after getting certificate, can I apply his passport from Australia?

Sorry for posting, lots of question together

Thanks,
D Alam
Old Sep 26th 2016, 4:58 am
Home and Happy

Hi All,

Hope you are doing well.

As mentioned, my wife is 7 month pregnant and we are planning to send spouse VISA application after getting birth of new baby at months of Nov'16
As I have applied VISA for my previous wife on Feb'2012. Is it wise to apply before Feb'2017 (before 5 yrs time frame)?

Can I apply spouse VISA and citizen by decent of upcoming baby from my immi user?

After citizen of decent application, how can I collect my baby's citizen certificate from Australia as baby will be offshore at that time? And after getting certificate, can I apply his passport from Australia?

Sorry for posting, lots of question together

Thanks,
D Alam
As already explained you cannot sponsor your wife until the 5 years has passed.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
As already explained you cannot sponsor your wife until the 5 years has passed.
Not so much snowing now, more of a blizzard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.