Ausie Degree to get a job in Australia???

Old Aug 29th 2015, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

musicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nice
Default Re: Ausie Degree to get a job in Australia???

I think you start from the wrong end of the to-do-list. You will not find a job without registration. If I understood your posts correctly you want to secure a job and then do a teachers qualification to get registration. I don't know for sure, but I doubt that any school will agree to do that. You should start here:

BOSTES Teacher Accreditation - Check qualifications

The following is taken from that page:
Teachers need to have completed a minimum of four years of tertiary study and have been awarded a teaching qualification (eg, a Bachelor of Education or a bachelor degree and a postgraduate teaching qualification). If you meet this requirement you will be eligible for Provisional Accreditation.

Some countries, for example Ireland, only require teachers to have completed 3 years of tertiary study to become a teacher. If this is the case you will be eligible for Conditional Accreditation. You will be required to complete additional study to become a fully accredited teacher in NSW. This could involve completing a fourth year upgrade program or a Masters degree. If you are conditionally accredited you will receive more specific advice about any additional study needed.

A number of other countries have alternative pathways to become a teacher rather than a tertiary teaching qualification.

For example, many states in the United States of America have a teacher certification/licensing program where university graduates are licenced or certified as teachers by the State Education Department, without a teaching degree being awarded by a recognised higher education provider.

Similarly, in the United Kingdom many students complete a Graduate Teacher Program that leads to Qualified Teacher Status. This is an in-school learning process and does not lead to the award of a teaching qualification from a recognised higher education provider. If you have completed one of these alternative pathways you will not be provisionally accredited but may be conditionally accredited. If so, you will need to complete additional study that leads to the award of a teaching qualification.

Sounds as if you won't get registration with your qualification and without that you won't get a job.

Other states have different requirements, this is what I found within 5 minutes on the NSW webpage.
Old Aug 29th 2015, 9:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by musicalfever4
I think you start from the wrong end of the to-do-list. You will not find a job without registration. If I understood your posts correctly you want to secure a job and then do a teachers qualification to get registration. I don't know for sure, but I doubt that any school will agree to do that. You should start here:

BOSTES Teacher Accreditation - Check qualifications

The following is taken from that page:
Teachers need to have completed a minimum of four years of tertiary study and have been awarded a teaching qualification (eg, a Bachelor of Education or a bachelor degree and a postgraduate teaching qualification). If you meet this requirement you will be eligible for Provisional Accreditation.

Some countries, for example Ireland, only require teachers to have completed 3 years of tertiary study to become a teacher. If this is the case you will be eligible for Conditional Accreditation. You will be required to complete additional study to become a fully accredited teacher in NSW. This could involve completing a fourth year upgrade program or a Masters degree. If you are conditionally accredited you will receive more specific advice about any additional study needed.

A number of other countries have alternative pathways to become a teacher rather than a tertiary teaching qualification.

For example, many states in the United States of America have a teacher certification/licensing program where university graduates are licenced or certified as teachers by the State Education Department, without a teaching degree being awarded by a recognised higher education provider.

Similarly, in the United Kingdom many students complete a Graduate Teacher Program that leads to Qualified Teacher Status. This is an in-school learning process and does not lead to the award of a teaching qualification from a recognised higher education provider. If you have completed one of these alternative pathways you will not be provisionally accredited but may be conditionally accredited. If so, you will need to complete additional study that leads to the award of a teaching qualification.

Sounds as if you won't get registration with your qualification and without that you won't get a job.

Other states have different requirements, this is what I found within 5 minutes on the NSW webpage.
That's the sort of thing I was thinking of. I know many people have a degree, and then "top it up" with a teaching qualification - often the PGCE in the UK I believe. I can't see anyone getting registration without it.
Old Aug 31st 2015, 6:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ambii
Hi,
i have applied for teaching jobs there but after some research i came to know that one must be registered with Australian Edu. Department to get a job in public school/college otherwise you can only teach in private sector. One must also have a diploma in education to get at least a permit or provisional reg. to teach. i got a job offer from some college at NSW on contractual basis while most of the schools and colleges said that i dont meet the requirements. But how is it possible for me to get registered first with Education dept. without any job offer. Once i get any job offer then definitely i have to apply for working or nominated visa then comes registration and child check card etc. or Anyone please help me in this regard what is it suppose to be?????I dont have enough money to just go to Australia and start my diploma without any job...And for job i'll be needing that Diploma so how can i convince the employer that i can meet their requirements??????I have 15 years of teaching experience and double Masters Degree in Science Subjects and i researched that there is a shortage of science Teahcers in few cities. Please Guide how it should be???
Regards,
You will need to do your teaching qualification first - and read the guidelines carefully, there has to be a certain number of hours supervised teaching practice and it has to be University based. And in answer to your other thread, post qualification experience only will be considered for pay scales etc. Once you've done your qualification and the relevant post qualification experience then you should apply to have your skills assessed, then apply for a visa, then apply for jobs. I think you've got a few years to go before Australia is on your horizon.
Old Aug 31st 2015, 11:37 am
Just Joined

Ambii is an unknown quantity at this point

Thansk alot guys your guidance is very helpful