Assigning of CO

Old Jun 27th 2015, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

ashftc89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Assigning of CO

Hello members,

I want to ask how do we know if the CO in our case is been assigned. Will we receive an email or will it be updated in our immi account?

Regards

Muhammad.
Old Jun 27th 2015, 10:06 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Assigning of CO

Originally Posted by ashftc89
Hello members,

I want to ask how do we know if the CO in our case is been assigned. Will we receive an email or will it be updated in our immi account?

Regards

Muhammad.
I think there are some new messages about what is happening with your application online, but you only here from the CO if they need something from you - eg medical, missing doc, etc - or with visa grant usually.
Old Jun 28th 2015, 5:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hello members,

Regards

Muhammad.
You'll hear from them when they want something. If you have submitted everything they need you won't hear from them till they grant the visa. They're busy people and don't have time to contact applicants just to introduce themselves
Old Jun 28th 2015, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Oh. I thought they are assigned to all the applicants no matter what. That's an addition to my information book. Many thanks

Regards

Muhammad
Old Jun 28th 2015, 4:23 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Oh. I thought they are assigned to all the applicants no matter what. That's an addition to my information book. Many thanks

Regards

Muhammad
They are assigned to all applicants, but they won't neceesarily get in touch with you. A CO can work on your file behnd the scenes, and if they have everything they want they can grant your visa without you ever hearing from them.
Old Jun 28th 2015, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

My wife's and my medical and PCC are still not uploaded. As per the DIBP's instruction, if we haven't done our health examination before lodging the visa, then we should wait until our CO asks for it. We came across this information after lodging our visa. So we are waiting for our CO to ask for it. All other documents are uploaded. So will he email us, or will that be requested on our Immi Account? Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Muhammad.
Old Jun 29th 2015, 7:30 am
Home and Happy

My wife's and my medical and PCC are still not uploaded. As per the DIBP's instruction, if we haven't done our health examination before lodging the visa, then we should wait until our CO asks for it. We came across this information after lodging our visa. So we are waiting for our CO to ask for it. All other documents are uploaded. So will he email us, or will that be requested on our Immi Account? Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Muhammad.
As i understand it you will get a request by email from a CO when they are ready for you to do your medical and pcc; your medical will be sent direct, and you upload the pcc yourself.

Maybe someone else who has applied online can confirm that the request comes by email still?
Old Jun 29th 2015, 7:57 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Maybe someone else who has applied online can confirm that the request comes by email still?
Yes, anytime DIBP wish to communicate with you they send a message to your ImmiAccount and it then pings your linked email address with a 'You have received a message' notification. That's why it's important to make sure they have the most current way of contacting you.
Old Jun 29th 2015, 9:09 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by msmyrtle
Yes, anytime DIBP wish to communicate with you they send a message to your ImmiAccount and it then pings your linked email address with a 'You have received a message' notification. That's why it's important to make sure they have the most current way of contacting you.
Thanks for confirming that! I was fairly sure something would come by email but my experience is mostly pre-immiaccount days
Old Jun 29th 2015, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond repute

Even with a relatively straight forward case (as mine was), it is still a slow process. Often went many weeks without hearing a thing from the CO. Patience is the order of the day. Don't worry, they won't forget you. We lodged my spouse/permanent residency visa about March 2012, and my visa was granted November 2012. So, 8-9 months or so. Don't use this as a benchmark - I have been led to believe that this was actually pretty quick compared to many others!
Old Jun 30th 2015, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you so very much all of you as always, been of a great help.