Apply for visa subclass 489

Old Oct 19th 2014, 4:04 am
Just Joined

Lakmka is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Apply for visa subclass 489

Hi

I want to know whether I'm eligible to apply for Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) since I have band 6 (overall 7) in IELTS.

I'll be sponsored by my brother living in Victoria (designated area) and my occupation (Software Engineer) is listed in the SOL. Also, I got positive skill assessment from ACS.

I can claim 60 points as follows, but I don't have band 7 in IELTS.
Age - 30
English language ability - 0
Skilled employment - 5
Qualifications - 15
Sponsorship - 10
I want to get clarify the followings as well.
01. Is band 7 in IELTS needed to apply as a Software Engineer?
02. Do we need to get band 7 in single sitting? If I score 7 in two sittings, can't I submit the two IELTS test reports to claim the points? (1st attempt: R:8.5 W:6 S:7 L:7, 2nd attempt: R:8.5 W:7 S:7 L:6.5).

Last edited by Lakmka; Oct 19th 2014 at 4:25 am.
Old Oct 19th 2014, 4:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apply for visa subclass 489

What is it exactly you want to know? if you have a positive skills assessment, meet the points and other criteria then you would qualify. Not really sure what anyone can ad to what you already clearly know.

No IELTS cannot be over two sittings.
Old Oct 19th 2014, 4:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
What is it exactly you want to know? if you have a positive skills assessment, meet the points and other criteria then you would qualify. Not really sure what anyone can ad to what you already clearly know.

No IELTS cannot be over two sittings.
Thank you for your prompt reply

Even though I don't claim for English language ability, I'm not sure whether band 7 is
required for apply as a Software Engineer.
Old Oct 19th 2014, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lakmka
Thank you for your prompt reply

Even though I don't claim for English language ability, I'm not sure whether band 7 is
required for apply as a Software Engineer.
Well does your skills assessing body say it is?
Old Oct 19th 2014, 7:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Well does your skills assessing body say it is?
No. Skill assessing body didn't mention something like that.

The skill assessment was done by Australian Computer Society (ACS) and only educational qualifications and experience were considered.

My migrant agent told me that obtaining 7 in each band is mandatory for my application.
Old Oct 19th 2014, 8:48 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

No. Skill assessing body didn't mention something like that.

The skill assessment was done by Australian Computer Society (ACS) and only educational qualifications and experience were considered.

My migrant agent told me that obtaining 7 in each band is mandatory for my application.
Is your agent MARA registered? I would guess not. If you are being sponsored by family for the 489, you only need to meet the criteria of DIBP or the skills assessing body. As you have the skills assessment, DIBP's criteria is IELTS of 6 which you have. There is no need for a higher IELTS.
Old Oct 19th 2014, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Is your agent MARA registered? I would guess not. If you are being sponsored by family for the 489, you only need to meet the criteria of DIBP or the skills assessing body. As you have the skills assessment, DIBP's criteria is IELTS of 6 which you have. There is no need for a higher IELTS.
Thank you Bermudashorts and old.sparkles!

I'm happy as now I can lodge my EOI.

I guess, My migrant agent didn't correctly get the question I asked.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 5:05 am
Just Joined

Hi All

I again wrote to my migrant agent. But the following is the reply I got from them. Is that true?

"NOTED the above points and please advise whether your relative is a PR holder or Citizen and have lived there for more than 2 years?
Please note that currently these blood relative nominated applications are not processing
"

Last edited by Lakmka; Oct 20th 2014 at 5:17 am.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 5:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi All

I again wrote to my migrant agent. But the following is the reply I got from them. Is that true?

"NOTED the above points and please advise whether your relative is a PR holder or Citizen and have lived there for more than 2 years?
Please note that currently these blood relative nominated applications are not processing
"
It stops, starts, can go slow. Certainly I would not be going for family sponsored visas if you can possibly help it. How about another shot at IELTS? You will need good English when you get here anyway so might be worth investing in a tutor?
Old Oct 20th 2014, 5:35 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

"
No, it's not true, but you are in a limited occupation code and invitations to your code are issued to 189 applications first. You can check invitations issued on the skill select site. Last invitation round, 50 invitations were issued to applicants for 489 visa. These are invitations other than state sponsored. Info here for last round of invitations here - SkillSelect - 13 October 2014 round results

Results from round at end Sept - SkillSelect - 22 September 2014 round results do however show that invites were only issued to 65 point 489's. It also shows that invitations for your occupation code were taken up by 189 applications.

If you could get 7's in IELTS you would have 60 points for a 189 application
Old Oct 20th 2014, 6:38 am
Just Joined

Thank you very much Bermudashorts and old.sparkles for your prompt responses.

Again now feeling sad since I need to keep on doing IELTS.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 11:49 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much Bermudashorts and old.sparkles for your prompt responses.

Again now feeling sad since I need to keep on doing IELTS.
Keep trying Lakmka and wishing you the best of luck.