Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Accrington for Skills test on Monday??

Anyone in Accrington for Skills test on Monday??

Old Oct 24th 2008, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Paula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nice
Default Anyone in Accrington for Skills test on Monday??

Hiya all

Hubbys got his test in Accrington on Monday and me and the kids are goin down with him...Sonn and I are meeting up for coffee cos her hubby is there at the same time...anyone else gonna be there?? We could have a good ol' group meet up if ya like

Paula xxx

p.s we are actually goin down on the sunday aft so it might be nice if a few of us get together and have a little drinky and chat...itll make the monday easier for those doin the test if theyre familiar with people dontcha think?? xxx
Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Wal74 will become famous soon enoughWal74 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone in Accrington for Skills test on Monday??

Originally Posted by Paula_lou
Hiya all

Hubbys got his test in Accrington on Monday and me and the kids are goin down with him...Sonn and I are meeting up for coffee cos her hubby is there at the same time...anyone else gonna be there?? We could have a good ol' group meet up if ya like

Paula xxx

p.s we are actually goin down on the sunday aft so it might be nice if a few of us get together and have a little drinky and chat...itll make the monday easier for those doin the test if theyre familiar with people dontcha think?? xxx

Hi Paula

No hubby has not got his practical (he did his in July).
I just wanted to wish your o/h and everyone doing the test GOOD LUCK
Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Paula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nice

aww thankyou very much sweets
Old Oct 26th 2008, 8:13 am
Just Joined

andreandaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Just wanted to wish your oh good luck with the test.

Andrea
Old Oct 26th 2008, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Thanks very much Andrea. Hes just on now sorting out the rest of his stuff, checking it then checking it again! LOL

We're driving down to accrington this afternoon ready for tomorrow...i feel so sick for lee...even more so now after he admitted last night that hes really nervous...he never gets nervous normally! lol

Will let you know how it goes xxxxxx
Old Oct 26th 2008, 10:32 am
Just Joined

andreandaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm sure everything will be ok. Where are you staying? My oh stayed in the travelodge at burnley which was very basic. Word of warning make sure he takes plenty of food and drink as the vetassess paperwork says, reason being, when Darren took the test in July I called the college the day before to see if the canteen would be open, only because I knew that if I made sandwiches there wouldn't be a fridge in his room at the travelodge therefore they wouldn't be fresh the next morning. I was assured the canteen would be open, when he got there it wasn't and to make things worse there weren't any onsite restaurant facilities at the travelodge, which meant all he had all day was a couple of bottles of water due to the fact he didn't pass a sandwich shop on the way to the college, needless to say he was starving by the time he got home at 5.30pm. I know what you mean by you saying your feeling sick just at the thought of him going, I was exactly the same but went one step further and ended up with a massive migraine and throwing up all day I think it was nerves with me.

What trade is your oh?

Andrea