ANY SELF EMPLOYED HAIRDRESSER

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 10:58 am
Just Joined

tisha.wood is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile ANY SELF EMPLOYED HAIRDRESSER

Hi there im a self employed hairdresser could anyone give me an idea as to what information they will need for the skill assesment and has any one had any problems at all please help

thankyou
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:27 am
Just Joined

SussanTurner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ANY SELF EMPLOYED HAIRDRESSER

Hi,
I'm a self-employed hairdresser and did my TRA assessment 2 years ago, I needed client references, supplier references, and an accountant reference.
The client and supplier references were to prove my work and the accountant to prove my earnings (you have to earn a minimum amount to prove you do a minimum of 20 hours) then I also needed proof of qualification (city & guilds certificate) and prrof of apprenticeship (from my apprenticeship employer)
I'd suggest you use a migration agent, as it's fairly complicated (I found my agent an absolute god-send)
Hope that helps,
Good Luck
Susie
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tisha.wood
Hi there im a self employed hairdresser could anyone give me an idea as to what information they will need for the skill assesment and has any one had any problems at all please help

thankyou
Originally Posted by SussanTurner
Hi,
I'm a self-employed hairdresser and did my TRA assessment 2 years ago, I needed client references, supplier references, and an accountant reference.
The client and supplier references were to prove my work and the accountant to prove my earnings (you have to earn a minimum amount to prove you do a minimum of 20 hours) then I also needed proof of qualification (city & guilds certificate) and prrof of apprenticeship (from my apprenticeship employer)
I'd suggest you use a migration agent, as it's fairly complicated (I found my agent an absolute god-send)
Hope that helps,
Good Luck
Susie
hi susie thanks for the info which agent did u use and do u no the amount they need you to have earned can get supplier refs customer refs and accountant can sort that for me , I have also sent for copies of city and guild qualification .
Did u recieve your visa and are you over there ?.

tisha
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:42 am
Just Joined

SussanTurner is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it was a minimum of £12,000 per year, but check it out for sure. I used Visa Bureau in London, can dig out their number if you need it, or just google them.
No, visa not granted yet, be prepared for a long wait!!!
I'm in Oz at the mo, but only on a holiday, and am also Job hunting, have decided to go down the Employment Nomination route, as it'll be quicker.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nice

I did my husbands TRA for him he's a barber so he needed to give the same info. PLEASE do not use an agent it's not worth it it's very straightforward and to pay an agent wouldn't be worth it, if you want you can PM me and I'll tell you what info I sent.

By the way, he passed his TRA we got it back about 4 weeks after I sent it, we now have our visa (which I also did myself) and are heading out this year.

Last edited by suzyambrose; Mar 3rd 2010 at 3:05 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

hi how long did it take for you to get a visa was it 175 and did you find it difficult apply yourself

thanks
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nice

Originally Posted by tisha.wood
hi how long did it take for you to get a visa was it 175 and did you find it difficult apply yourself

thanks

It took 9 months, I did the application online in the april and we got our 175 visa in December. I didn't find it difficult at all a lot of it seemed to be repetition from what I'd sent to TRA, it cost us a tenner to get all our docs certified at the solicitors and to be honest as long as you get your paperwork in order and can have a bit of time to spend on filling the actual forms in and if like ours your application is straightforward it's fine.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to sound like a real party pooper here but note that past timelines are not relevant to the situation today. The current processing estimate for your occupation and visa class is about 3 years. There are some changes expected in the coming months which could well effect processing speed, but I would not bank on benefiting from that.

Still if you are comfortable to wait then it isn't an issue, but just wanted you to be able to set your expectations accordingly.