Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Any experiences/knowledge on processing time after medical

Any experiences/knowledge on processing time after medical

Old Mar 21st 2015, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Location: Cheshire for now, Geelong area soon, for the moment anyway!! lol
BagManRich is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any experiences/knowledge on processing time after medical

Hi All,

I'm just in the process of now waiting, and worrying about my spouse visa. I've now submitted my Police Check which was signed for on 13th March, and my medical has been submitted too which was done on 6th March.

I'm just enquiring if anyone has any recent experiences or knowledge of how long it 'may' take for my permanent spousevisa to be officially approved. Ive just had a shipping guy round to quote us for shipping, and he was saying sometimes 6-8 weeks after medical. I know that it's not exactly a reliable in the know person, but anyone else have experiences?

I'm only wondering as it would be nice to try and plan for jobs, but also for getting an idea for informing schools and nursery, especially as we have near enough sold our house and I don't fancy putting things into storage for too long.

Look forward to hearing back from you all with any experiences.

Cheers in advance
Old Mar 21st 2015, 10:34 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any experiences/knowledge on processing time after medical

Originally Posted by BagManRich
Hi All,

I'm just in the process of now waiting, and worrying about my spouse visa. I've now submitted my Police Check which was signed for on 13th March, and my medical has been submitted too which was done on 6th March.

I'm just enquiring if anyone has any recent experiences or knowledge of how long it 'may' take for my permanent spousevisa to be officially approved. Ive just had a shipping guy round to quote us for shipping, and he was saying sometimes 6-8 weeks after medical. I know that it's not exactly a reliable in the know person, but anyone else have experiences?

I'm only wondering as it would be nice to try and plan for jobs, but also for getting an idea for informing schools and nursery, especially as we have near enough sold our house and I don't fancy putting things into storage for too long.

Look forward to hearing back from you all with any experiences.

Cheers in advance
I checked your old posts, and it seems you applied for your spouse visa in September last year so you're probably looking at September this year for the grant (I think Polly told you 12 to 14 months and she's usually the best person on these visas )
Old Mar 21st 2015, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Location: Cheshire for now, Geelong area soon, for the moment anyway!! lol
BagManRich is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya old sparkles,

Thanks for the reply, that doesn't leave the longest period of time after the medical seen as its only valid for 12 months.

I guess I will just have to sit and wait patiently, and go through with living with my folks for a while longer than hoped!! Lol
Old Mar 21st 2015, 1:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BagManRich
Hiya old sparkles,

Thanks for the reply, that doesn't leave the longest period of time after the medical seen as its only valid for 12 months.

I guess I will just have to sit and wait patiently, and go through with living with my folks for a while longer than hoped!! Lol
They generally gauge the police check/medical request so as to give you a reasonable length of time, something like ' Medicals to be submitted after xxxx'

The timescale hasn't changed, so submitting in September, you are probably looking at a grant this September-November, which then gives you until March to validate (if they go on the usual 12 months from submission).

In your shoes I'd probably leave it till June-July, then if you have a communicative case officer you could email them and ask (gently!) if they have any idea of an approx grant date - you mentioned schools, so that would be a good excuse, mention that you are looking at spending out on uniforms etc for the new school year in England for September. Some COs may not respond, but equally you may have one prepared to give you an idea of timings

To be honest, I wouldn't listen to the shipping guy as most of his customers will have had skills visas, spouse visas are far more unusual and run to a wholly different timeline.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 12:34 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The processing time is currently running at 12 months. If you completed your medicals in March in line with what your CO requested then that'll give you 6 months to make the move to Australia.