Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Any advice on Removal of Jurisdiction please?

Any advice on Removal of Jurisdiction please?

Old Jan 1st 2018, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Pingpongpommy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any advice on Removal of Jurisdiction please?

Hi guys,
I am looking at moving to Oz on an RRV, I have to apply for removal of jurisdiction as my son's dad is on the birth certificate. Could anyone give me any info on what is to be expected, please? Also, how long does it take generally to achieve this, just to help us out with time frames and preparation. TIA
Old Jan 1st 2018, 1:46 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any advice on Removal of Jurisdiction please?

What is the father's relationship with your son? What custody arrangement is currently in place? Is the father likely to give his permission?
Old Jan 1st 2018, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
What is the father's relationship with your son? What custody arrangement is currently in place? Is the father likely to give his permission?
Thanks for your reply....
My son's dad cut contact nearly 3 months ago now, the was done voluntarily.

There are no arrangements in place, we had a mutual agreement of my son seeing him every other weekend and one day in the week before he wiped his hands with my son.

In the past, he has made clear that he would never be happy for my son to move to Oz, so he certainly would not give permission.
Old Jan 1st 2018, 11:21 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pingpongpommy
Thanks for your reply....
My son's dad cut contact nearly 3 months ago now, the was done voluntarily.

There are no arrangements in place, we had a mutual agreement of my son seeing him every other weekend and one day in the week before he wiped his hands with my son.

In the past, he has made clear that he would never be happy for my son to move to Oz, so he certainly would not give permission.
In that case you would need a court order to remove your son from the UK. This may not necessarily be granted, as the decision will be made on what is best for your son, not what your preference would be. I would advise engaging a family law solicitor.
Old Jan 5th 2018, 4:29 am
Just Joined

Ok thanks, this was the plan anyway but thought I may have been able to get a headstart on here and maybe a better idea.
Old Jan 5th 2018, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Pingpongpommy
Ok thanks, this was the plan anyway but thought I may have been able to get a headstart on here and maybe a better idea.
You can renew your RRV if you haven't already done so but applying for your son's child visa should wait until you have permission to remove him from the UK.
Old Jan 6th 2018, 7:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You can renew your RRV if you haven't already done so but applying for your son's child visa should wait until you have permission to remove him from the UK.
Yeah I was never going to do this without the right to leave anyway, that was the plan. I hust mean a headstart with the info. Thanks.