Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Aug 30th 2007, 3:20 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by mollyflanders
terry brook has been assigned a co, i read it on go matilda , think he got one on 28th august
phew, thanks for that info. their date was 19 oct, i dont know if that was an acknowledgment date or theri application went in date? i will have a snurge on go matilda website (feel a bit of a fraud). yay, that is further on than i had thought.....<<<<<jumps around the room madly>>>>>>>>>
Old Aug 30th 2007, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

mollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the rough

just wish meds would catch up this waiting is now becoming distressing, what a year this has been
Old Aug 30th 2007, 4:58 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
phew, thanks for that info. their date was 19 oct, i dont know if that was an acknowledgment date or theri application went in date? i will have a snurge on go matilda website (feel a bit of a fraud). yay, that is further on than i had thought.....<<<<<jumps around the room madly>>>>>>>>>
.............mmm, 19 oct application has got a case officer. that mean mum/dad 'should' hear something in the next 4-6 weeks (6 weeks erring on the side of caution). with the current delays at LCU, do you think they should proceed with their medicals now and get them sent in, so they are at least in the backlog queue?
Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

mollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the rough

i would definately consider getting meds done and sent, mine went in july and am still waiting for them to be checked
Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:53 am
Just Joined

IreneG is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by barbara townend
Hi Irene,

Im a single 55 year old lady whos doing just that, so if your mad so am I

Im leaving a 39 year old son and 2 year old grandson behind who said theyd rather visit me in Australia than sunny wakefield.
Thanks for that Barbara. I see that you are nearing the end of the road for your application. Hope it comes quickly for you. I am terrified of not doing something properly and causing delays as I am doing all the paperwork on my own.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

anybody willing to phone popc, see where meds are at, i did it last time scared to do it again incase they are fed up with me phoning
Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:35 am
Never going back

anybody willing to phone popc, see where meds are at, i did it last time scared to do it again incase they are fed up with me phoning
...sorry, count me out. i have called them a few times to what date they are up to for CO's
Old Aug 30th 2007, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

barbara townend is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mollyflanders & SB

My Case Officer asked me to contact her at the beginning of September if I hadnt heard from her before (fat chance) and she is going to find out where LCU is up to and e mail me back so you dont have to ring as I will post as soon as I hear from her.

It will probably be Monday when she gets back to me so if you can wait that long it should be fairly accurate.

Im going to ask her to find out if they are processing them in date order or by visa type cos it all seems pretty random to me

Barbara
Old Aug 30th 2007, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

barbara townend is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IreneG
Thanks for that Barbara. I see that you are nearing the end of the road for your application. Hope it comes quickly for you. I am terrified of not doing something properly and causing delays as I am doing all the paperwork on my own.
Hi Irene,

I did all the paperwork myself as well. Its pretty straightforward and this site is brilliant if you get stuck.

Regards Barbara
Old Aug 30th 2007, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

thanks barbara , will be looking out for your mail with anticipation, hope i manage to sell house..........the next hurdle, will it ever be over
Old Aug 31st 2007, 3:24 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Does anyone know if CPV fees can go up after the visa application has gone in?

Just wondering if the cost of the visa is the same as when the application was put in please
Hi

No............... your fees will remain at the rate applicable when your application was acknowledged, no matter when it is approved

Regards

Jim
Old Aug 31st 2007, 3:27 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
...sorry, count me out. i have called them a few times to what date they are up to for CO's
Hello M

Well, we certainly picked the right week again - Forster weather was great - even went in the pool !

Glad to see that you are still looking after your CPV waiters!

Jim
Old Aug 31st 2007, 6:19 am
Never going back

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hello M

Well, we certainly picked the right week again - Forster weather was great - even went in the pool !

Glad to see that you are still looking after your CPV waiters!

Jim
hi jim

was going to see if you fancied coming off for a pit stop and a coffee, but you had already left. glad you had a good week, it has been nice, hasnt it?

there are more and more CPV waiters it seems. i wish they would have a flurry and put some folk out of their misery
Old Aug 31st 2007, 11:50 am
Just Joined

Trainman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All re Medical and the delays ,the system is in so much chaos at Sydney LCU that the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing .Poor POPC does not have any info from L.C.U and will just fob you off with the "ah well it will be another 2 weeks or so".Fed up with this I rang KEVIN ANDREWS office (Minister of Immigration) and asked them if they were aware of the delays. Yes they were but as it was a third party (Ha Ha it's still part of the government but LCU comes under Heath) they were unable to do anything about it and suggested I should chase POPC up ,when I pointed out the POPC could not help ,the usual response was forthcoming ,that sorry but they were unable to assist ,but would I like to make a complaint,if so they would send me a form .Typical head in the sand attitude. But I reckon if we all ring Kevin Andrews Office and complain something might get done .His number is 006126277 7860 (if phonoing from UK) P.S. we have now been waiting 9 weeks for our Medicals to get looked at .
Old Aug 31st 2007, 10:06 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by Trainman
Hi All re Medical and the delays ,the system is in so much chaos at Sydney LCU that the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing .Poor POPC does not have any info from L.C.U and will just fob you off with the "ah well it will be another 2 weeks or so".Fed up with this I rang KEVIN ANDREWS office (Minister of Immigration) and asked them if they were aware of the delays. Yes they were but as it was a third party (Ha Ha it's still part of the government but LCU comes under Heath) they were unable to do anything about it and suggested I should chase POPC up ,when I pointed out the POPC could not help ,the usual response was forthcoming ,that sorry but they were unable to assist ,but would I like to make a complaint,if so they would send me a form .Typical head in the sand attitude. But I reckon if we all ring Kevin Andrews Office and complain something might get done .His number is 006126277 7860 (if phonoing from UK) P.S. we have now been waiting 9 weeks for our Medicals to get looked at .
you poor things. 9 weeks :curse: have you applied as a parent visa? permanent or temporary? when did you apply?

............oh, and welcome to BE

i dont know what they are going to do about LCU, but it seems as though the situation is getting out of hand a little.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.