Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

mollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

nice to see a new thread, hopefully we will be in oz before you have to start another.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

glorianic is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

My daughter wont have been in Oz until January 2008, but our agent told us to apply now which we have, I understand that you will have to have 2 full years tax returns before you can sponser them. Hope this helps

Gloria

Originally Posted by darrenps
It seems that there are mixed messages with regards to how long the children have to be in Australia before parents can apply.. Can anyone assist? Do I to have lived in Australia for 2 years before my parents can apply? If so is there any other way of getting to Australia and then applying for the contributory parents visa as it would take 3 years before they could come over..

Help would be appreciated.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

mollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the rough

my daughter married to an australian and they lived here for sometime, after returning to oz my agent said my son in law who has australian citizenship could sponser us after he had been back i think it was 3 months
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:30 am
Just Joined

darrenps is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone for the reply.. My brother has just married and his wife is an Australian citizen so looks like they will be able to sponsor after 3 months as well..

Great. good luck everyone
Old Aug 17th 2007, 11:20 pm
Account Closed

Ladybird is an unknown quantity at this point

News at last!

My MIL and FIL have just received requests for medicals, police checks etc, so now they really have to get moving!

Acknowledged on September 19th 2006.

Hope this brings hope to someone out there.

LB
Old Aug 17th 2007, 11:39 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ladybird
News at last!

My MIL and FIL have just received requests for medicals, police checks etc, so now they really have to get moving!

Acknowledged on September 19th 2006.

Hope this brings hope to someone out there.

LB
phew, at last, some movement. thanks LB for letting us know
great news for your in-laws. who is doing the AOS assuror interview with centrelink?

so, they are up to about the 3rd week in september. come one POPC, get a move on please
Old Aug 18th 2007, 2:50 am
Just Joined

ann h is an unknown quantity at this point

my parents - ack beginning of dec 06, heard nothing since
deci - ack mid feb 06, pcc/med/aos requested dec 06, should have visa by now?
pauline and iains parents - ack jun 06
auzziebound parents - ?
sapphire 3 - ack about june 06
alanandbarb35 - ack mar 07
nico - ?
mick bev - end march 07
brianj - april 07
mollyflanders - ack sep 06
barabara townend - ack sep 06
cazbeckham - feb 07
lol parents - april 07
furureaussie - ack sep06, pcc/meds requested jul 07
cindyloo - waiting to send CPV , hopefully sep 07
ann h- inlaws ack 25th may 07
Old Aug 18th 2007, 2:55 am
Just Joined

ann h is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
phew, at last, some movement. thanks LB for letting us know
great news for your in-laws. who is doing the AOS assuror interview with centrelink?

so, they are up to about the 3rd week in september. come one POPC, get a move on please
Many thanks for the new thread S B, lets hope things keep moving at POPC
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

sapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks everyone for your kind messages and good luck wishes.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Isit possible to apply, then before children have been in Oz for 2 years? Our daughter won't have been there 2 years till Feb 2009, so thought we couldn't set the ball rolling till then.

Originally Posted by glorianic
My daughter wont have been in Oz until January 2008, but our agent told us to apply now which we have, I understand that you will have to have 2 full years tax returns before you can sponser them. Hope this helps

Gloria
Old Aug 18th 2007, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
Isit possible to apply, then before children have been in Oz for 2 years? Our daughter won't have been there 2 years till Feb 2009, so thought we couldn't set the ball rolling till then.

all i can tell you is as my son in law has oz citizenship we were told he could sponser us after he had been back for 3 months
Old Aug 18th 2007, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
Hi if you post this question in the imigration section im sure one of the agents who read it will be able to give the right answer, good luck
Janet
Old Aug 19th 2007, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Hi if you post this question in the imigration section im sure one of the agents who read it will be able to give the right answer, good luck
Janet
Sorry not sure what i was thinking we are on the imigration thread meant to say put the question on a new thread then one of the agents might see it
Janet
Old Aug 19th 2007, 4:35 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Sorry not sure what i was thinking we are on the imigration thread meant to say put the question on a new thread then one of the agents might see it
Janet

.............. ay oop Janet - senior moment there ?

Jim
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

twodogsterry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
...........well, i said i would do it and here it is

i did start to go throught the very lengthy previous thread and get everybody's name and details to start this off. i am afraid i got up to page 7 and gave up the ghost. feel free to copy and paste this list and add your own on (please do, no i insist, go on then )

okay.....

my parents - ack beginning of dec 06, heard nothing since
deci - ack mid feb 06, pcc/med/aos requested dec 06, should have visa by now?
pauline and iains parents - ack jun 06
auzziebound parents - ?
sapphire 3 - ack about june 06
alanandbarb35 - ack mar 07
nico - ?
mick bev - end march 07
brianj - april 07
mollyflanders - ack sep 06
barabara townend - ack sep 06
cazbeckham - feb 07
lol parents - april 07
furureaussie - ack sep06, pcc/meds requested jul 07
cindyloo - waiting to send CPV , hopefully sep 07

.........apologies to those that i have missed, please add yourselves on.
i have tried contacting POPC today, but their answerphone is playing funny beggars

.....lets hope this thread brings new luck and more visa grants and movement
terry brook lodged 19/10/2006

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.