Advice on travelling to Aus

Old Aug 11th 2017, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

Rach1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on travelling to Aus

Hi im looking for some advice as every site i go on is different. My Sister and partner moved to aus over 4 years ago they both have there citerzenship and have good jobs My sister is nurse in a childrens hospital in brisbane. As she returned home last year for christmas we are hoping to visit her this year for 3weeks over christmas. 'We being My mum & dad (they have been before) Myself , My partner and our 2 children. We have only just discovered that my partner wont be able to apply for an evisa as he has had a sentence for 18months. So we are going to apply for a full tourist visa? His conviction was 8 yrs ago for possession of class a with intent he was sentenced to 18months and served 9. This was a bad patch in his life (in with the wrong crowd) he moved away and has now turned his life around with a good job , house 2children and where enggaged due to marry in 2020. The question is do you think he will get inn also if he does get granted the visa is there possibility that he could still be refused upon entry? This is one of my main conserns as traveling for 24hrs on 2 planes with 2 kids, for there dad to then be refused entry over christmas will be absolutley heartbraking for us all. Any advice information will be greatly appriciated or anyone whos been in a similar situation who can give me some indication of what to expect. Thanks all x
Old Aug 11th 2017, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on travelling to Aus

As long as he declares it when he applies they will let you know the outcome not turn you round at the border. If he fails to declare then he will be in trouble but he has evidence of reformed character so all you can do is apply and see.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Rach1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by quoll
As long as he declares it when he applies they will let you know the outcome not turn you round at the border. If he fails to declare then he will be in trouble but he has evidence of reformed character so all you can do is apply and see.
Thanks for your reply yes hes going to declare everything so fingers crossed.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 2:27 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

He needs to declare his conviction both on his application for a subclass 600 visa (and provide the relevant police certificate) and again on his landing card providing the visa is granted. If he does this and is honest and up front with the immigration officer at the border with any questions they have then he won't have a problem.