Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Advice please on Contributory parent visa- UK to Aus- and current processing times!?

Advice please on Contributory parent visa- UK to Aus- and current processing times!?

Old Feb 12th 2018, 1:14 am
Just Joined

Marmiterules is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice please on Contributory parent visa- UK to Aus- and current processing times!?

Hello,
I am seeking advice about the Contributory Parent Visa (subclass 143) as well as the Temporary Contributory Parent Visa - application outside of Australia.

My father qualifies on the Family of Balance test to migrate to Oz as I am his only daughter. I am an Australian Citizen.
He was born in 1951 and is looking to move here with the ability to continue working.
I am a little confused in regards to visa options with the Contributory Parent Visa- whether he needs to apply for the temporary one first and what the benefit of this is if he did- does it get him here sooner??
He is in a position where we would like to get here as soon as he can.
Can anyone please shed some light on whether to apply for the Temporary Contributory visa first? then move here and apply for the permanent visa onshore?

Does anyone also have any ideas about current processing times for this visa as-well?

Thank you in advance!