Advice on moving to OZ

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 8:06 pm
johntatler

My wife & I would like to emigrate to OZ from the UK. We are both aged 42 with no
children. My wife is a Secretary/PA to a solicitor & has been secretary/receptionist for
the past 20 yrs. She has RSA Stage 11 Word Processing & RSA Computer Literacy & Computor
Technology qualifications. I have been in the Tyre & Wheel industry for 22 years, working
for various companies in roles ranging from car/commercial/agricultural Tyre Fitter to
Service Manager/Sales Representative, on the road selling tyre fitting machines and
accessories, & at present as a Warehouse/Distribution Manager for a company that imports
alloy wheels. My problem is that the industry I work in does not have any formal training
or qualifications as such, apart from City & Guilds in tyre fitting. All my experience has
been acrued on the job so to speak. Last year I went to college & also attained R.S.A.
C.L.A.I.T. Would it help to try to find a job in OZ prior to applying? My wife's sister &
her husband recently got there PR & moved to Adelaide in January. We would be grateful of
any assistance. John & Jane Tatler