Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ACT SS occupation list change looming 🙈

ACT SS occupation list change looming 🙈

Old Feb 11th 2016, 12:35 am
It's meant to be

Copplestone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACT SS occupation list change looming 🙈

Hi all,

Currently my partner and I are literally a few days away from submitting our application for State Sponsorship with the ACT.

Now the question I ask you is this. According to the ACT website, they clearly mention that their SS nomination occupation list will be updated this month, February 2016. If I am fortunate enough to have at least lodged our application prior to the change (let's just assume they remove our occupation), will we be at risk of being rejected? At which point will it be safe to say that we will have dodged the cut off? Would we need either just an acknowledgment email from ACT in receipt of our app?, or perhaps would we need to have had our SS application to have been approved/successful OR would we have to be even further down the line of having a visa invitation from DIBP? What would you consider to be a safe position in your experience with this possibly likely senario?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Kind regards

Copple
Old Feb 11th 2016, 10:47 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACT SS occupation list change looming 🙈

I would say it's a fair assumption that if your occupation is removed it won't matter if your application was lodged prior to the change. From what I gather (and I am only a lay person), the states do not have to accept everybody that applies and they have more discretion to chose whether to invite an individual or not.

The ACT website is saying it is currently processing applications from mid-December so I would doubt it would make a difference to you at this point.

You can always apply and hope your occupation is still being sponsored in a month's time.