Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ACS skills assessment -full time job with full time studies

ACS skills assessment -full time job with full time studies

Old Jun 2nd 2015, 3:19 pm
Banned

netad has a brilliant futurenetad has a brilliant futurenetad has a brilliant futurenetad has a brilliant futurenetad has a brilliant futurenetad has a brilliant future
Default ACS skills assessment -full time job with full time studies

Hello mates

I just completed my application for ACS assessment and now waiting for the outcome.

A question raised in my mind and need some help in this regards.

I completed my bachelors degree with major in ICT ( BS computer science) and after getting the degree i started working full time as network administrator in june 2010.

In march 2011 i started studying Masters in information technology (MS-IT) full time having a full time job as well. University class timings were from 5pm till 8pm. And my working hours are from 8:00 am till 3:00 pm.

Will this be a point of concern for ACS that how the applicant worked and studied both full time.

If this is so what should i do? Should i take a letter from the university stating timings of classes or should i leave it till the outcome of my assessment.

Awaiting positive response.

Cheers
Old Jun 4th 2015, 12:53 pm
Banned

netad has a brilliant futurenetad has a brilliant futurenetad has a brilliant futurenetad has a brilliant futurenetad has a brilliant futurenetad has a brilliant future
Default Re: ACS skills assessment -full time job with full time studies

till today, no one could answer but let me tell you that surprisingly today i got my skills assessment letter. it took only a week. Amazing yes it is. And they calculated my experience and education very well.

Cheers.
Old Jul 18th 2015, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

zebust is an unknown quantity at this point

i have the same case as you. going to apply for assessment in few days. wish me luck

One question: which degree did u choose for assessment. Bachelors or Master?? I read somewhere, that they will only consider work experience, which falls after the relevant qualification.
Old Jul 20th 2015, 11:22 am
Banned

Originally Posted by zebust
i have the same case as you. going to apply for assessment in few days. wish me luck

One question: which degree did u choose for assessment. Bachelors or Master?? I read somewhere, that they will only consider work experience, which falls after the relevant qualification.
since i had bachelors in computer science and Masters in Information technology so i selected it as it was mentioned in the list.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

- Did they consider your work experiences during the period of your Master degree??

- How many years or experience they deducted from you??

have your master degree helped you to have an edge in assessment or not?? i have ditto case. i am thinking weather or not to access my MS degree.
Old Aug 20th 2015, 6:11 am
Banned

yes the did consider my work experience during the master degree period.

they deducted 2 years of experience.

since my masters and bachelors both were major in computing so it helped me in a way. Why not to assess your Masters degree?
Old Aug 20th 2015, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by netad
Why not to assess your Masters degree?
I was afraid they didn't consider my experience, during the duration of my MS degree, then my experience may be reduced.

So, if they didn't deduct from you, they will not deduct from me too().