Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ACS RPL Form Part 7 Emp summ & section 2 KA's

ACS RPL Form Part 7 Emp summ & section 2 KA's

Old Jul 21st 2010, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

mavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud of
Default ACS RPL Form Part 7 Emp summ & section 2 KA's

Hi everyone,

Please can someone advise? Here is a quote from part 7 on the RPL application form;

PART 7 – RELEVANT EMPLOYMENT DETAILS
References are required to substantiate your experience. Please submit certified verifiable statements from your employers to support all of your IT (Computing) Professional employment claimed in Part 7.

Statements must be dated, signed by your employer or a person authorised by your employer (the name, position and contact details of the person making the statement must be clearly indicated) and must include details of the exact periods of employment and a full and detailed description of the nature and content of your work. Where possible, statements should be on company letterhead.

The Section 2 on the knowledge areas states;
You are expected to demonstrate a clear comprehension of a number of the individual thematic modules within your chosen knowledge areas. You should also be able to demonstrate application in at least one of the units or modules which should be clearly supported by professional references included and the Project Reports submitted in section 4.

So my question is; surely I don't need 2 references from each of my employers to cover part 7 and section 2? In essence they would say the same thing so I'm guessing my 1 work experience statment from each employer will satisfy the ACS for both sections???

I'd appreciate it if anyone could help. Brain has gone to mush thank you!

Mavine1
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS RPL Form Part 7 Emp summ & section 2 KA's

Hi Mavine1,
it's a while since I submitted my RPL but the process is kind of engraved in my brain!!!

I sent in the RPL together with a reference from each employer I worked for. When asking for references from the employers I provided each with a pro-forma so all they had to do was sign it...that way I knew it would have in it what I needed e.g.

We hereby declare that xxxxx started working for xxxx Ltd. in February 2003. In her role as Project Manager/Analyst/Programmer she is occupied with the completion of the tasks mentioned below and the accompanying responsibilities:

Analysis/Design
 Responsible for analysing and defining the requirements for various systems for both new and existing clients. The requirements are defined using Entity Relationship Diagrams, Dataflow Diagrams and Process Models together with various types of document suitable for client signoff.
 Designing the system and databases required according to the defined requirements.

Programming
 Producing the required systems using the best methods for the particular situation
 Experience of Perl, C, JavaScript, HTML, DHTML, ASP, XML, Apache, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle

Project Management
 Responsible for overseeing projects to make sure that deliverables are presented on time and within budget

Miscellaneous
 Continual refinement of the xxxx Project Management Methodology and Documentation Standards
 Continual refinement of the xxxx Time Recording system used by both permanent and contract staff for recording time and producing client invoices
 Responsible for producing marketing correspondence and producing mail-shots
 Designed and produced the xxxx presentation for use with potential clients

Training
 Currently sponsored by xxxx with a home study university degree course with the Open University in Computing and Information Technology (BSc. Hons).

Signed

Director

HTH
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

mavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud of

Thanks Salli, so just one reference to cover both sections...........it just through me because the form asks for references to confirm your work experience and for the section of knowledge areas.
mavine1
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point

that's what I did...I just made sure that the reference cited each of the areas....a normal reference given by an employer probably wouldn't be as detailed..that's why I filled in the blanks for them!!!