ACS Review Application

Old Aug 3rd 2010, 2:42 pm
Banned

mmohd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS Review Application

Hi,

I am planning to apply for review this week as I received my result letter in June. I have few queries in this regards. I am a system administrator (Unix and Application servers system administration) and I fall under schedule 3. I feel that only relevant occupation there is Systems Analyst(261112). Is there any job description for this. I have checked the review document ( http://www.acs.org.au/assessment/doc...Assessment.doc), and as my review will be free of charge even then do I need to mention about my credit card details(payment Section)?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

seban123 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ACS Review Application

Originally Posted by mmohd
Hi,

I am planning to apply for review this week as I received my result letter in June. I have few queries in this regards. I am a system administrator (Unix and Application servers system administration) and I fall under schedule 3. I feel that only relevant occupation there is Systems Analyst(261112). Is there any job description for this. I have checked the review document ( http://www.acs.org.au/assessment/doc...Assessment.doc), and as my review will be free of charge even then do I need to mention about my credit card details(payment Section)?

Thanks
no you need not..
but make sure you are within the 60 days waving period..

Cheers
Seban
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

Originally Posted by mmohd
Hi,

Thanks
Evaluates processes and methods used in existing ICT systems, proposes modifications, additional system components or new systems to meet user needs as expressed in specifications and other documentation.

Skill Level:
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least 5 years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).

Tasks Include:

•working with users to formulate and document business requirements
•identifying, investigating, and analysing business processes, procedures and work practices
•identifying and evaluating inefficiencies and recommending optimal business practice, and system functionality and behaviour
•using project management methodologies, principles and techniques to develop project plans and to cost, resource and manage projects
•taking responsibility for deploying functional solutions, such as creating, adopting and implementing system test plans, which ensure acceptable quality and integrity of the system
•creating user and training documentation, and conducting formal training classes
•developing functional specifications for use by system developers
•using data and process modelling techniques to create clear system specifications for the design and development of system software
•acting as a central reference and information source, providing guidance and assistance in the system project decision making process

http://www.australia-migration.com/page/261112/605
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 5:09 pm
Banned

Thanks for your quick response.

I had seen this job description but I am little disappointed as this is not the job that a system admin does. I don't know if I put my system admin's job responsibilities will make me ACS give "261312 Systems analyst". Can someone suggest me how to go with this?

Thanks

Originally Posted by wookiee06
Evaluates processes and methods used in existing ICT systems, proposes modifications, additional system components or new systems to meet user needs as expressed in specifications and other documentation.

Skill Level:
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least 5 years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).

Tasks Include:

•working with users to formulate and document business requirements
•identifying, investigating, and analysing business processes, procedures and work practices
•identifying and evaluating inefficiencies and recommending optimal business practice, and system functionality and behaviour
•using project management methodologies, principles and techniques to develop project plans and to cost, resource and manage projects
•taking responsibility for deploying functional solutions, such as creating, adopting and implementing system test plans, which ensure acceptable quality and integrity of the system
•creating user and training documentation, and conducting formal training classes
•developing functional specifications for use by system developers
•using data and process modelling techniques to create clear system specifications for the design and development of system software
•acting as a central reference and information source, providing guidance and assistance in the system project decision making process

http://www.australia-migration.com/page/261112/605
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 6:25 pm
Banned

Thanks you all for your replies.
I have seen the above job description but currently I am working as system administrator (Unix) and I don't find the above job description relating to my job profile. I even don't find an exact match to my job roles in schedule 3 SOL. I am little disappointed, I have no idea what to do now. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks