Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ACS Online Assessment Available now - Has anyone applied yet ?

ACS Online Assessment Available now - Has anyone applied yet ?

Old Jul 8th 2009, 10:24 am
say BananasInPyjamas 10x

feedo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS Online Assessment Available now - Has anyone applied yet ?

Dear,
thanks for this helpful post .
I applied for ACS and the online application went fine , but I didn't provide all the papers .
As I understand , I will need to send them all by mail .
I prepared all the documents as on the site , but I don't get what does certified word means ? shall I go to australian embassy to certify them for example ?
thanks in advance .
F.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by feedo
Dear,
I applied for ACS and the online application went fine , but I didn't provide all the papers .
I prepared all the documents as on the site , but I don't get what does certified word means ? shall I go to australian embassy to certify them for example ?
thanks in advance .
F.
i think, the documents need to be certified by a notary public and the ACS site would also provide who all can notarize.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 10:54 am
say BananasInPyjamas 10x

feedo is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks a lot but for example for passport copy , hpw will that be , and for reference letters and HR letters , resumes , Sybase certifications ?
I have only notaried university certificate
Old Jul 29th 2009, 10:02 am
Just Joined

mathewrond is an unknown quantity at this point
Question ACS | RPL | Online submission

Hi,

Can anyone guide me on how to submit Recognition of Prior Learning form to ACS through online?

I see an online form for Skills assessment. Can I use the same form? If so how do I attach certified documents? Can I scan them and attach in JPG or GIF format?

The online skills assessment form does not have an option to attach additional documents like RPL. Any guidance please?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

mathewrond is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS | RPL | Online submission

Any help please?
Old Jul 29th 2009, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

capetosydney will become famous soon enoughcapetosydney will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mathewrond
Hi,

Can anyone guide me on how to submit Recognition of Prior Learning form to ACS through online?

I see an online form for Skills assessment. Can I use the same form? If so how do I attach certified documents? Can I scan them and attach in JPG or GIF format?

The online skills assessment form does not have an option to attach additional documents like RPL. Any guidance please?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Try this thread, it has been discussed in some detail.
Cheers

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ine+acs&page=2
Old Jul 30th 2009, 1:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by capetosydney
Try this thread, it has been discussed in some detail.
Cheers

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ine+acs&page=2
I'll merge the threads
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

sushil.jn is an unknown quantity at this point

Online -- https://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?act...7278050#online

49. How do I lodge an online application?

Please refer to the How do I lodge an application page http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?acti...illapplication

50. What documents do I need to submit with an online application?

You will need to submit all of the same documents that you would submit with a normal application. Please refer the section How do I lodge an application.

51. Do I still need to provide certified documents to the office?

Yes. We require documents to be sent to us as certified copies even if you have attached them as electronic copies to your online application. The ACS are required by the Department of Immigration to obtain certified documents from all applicants.

52. What are the advantages of submitting an online application?

If you submit an online application you will bypass the queue of applicants waiting to have their application entered into our system. As soon as we receive your certified documents we will be able to commence with the application process.

53. Where do I send my certified documents?

It is advisable to send documents through registered mail to:
P O Box Q534
Queen Victoria Building ,
Sydney NSW 1230
Australia .

Or courier the application to

Level 3, 160 Clarence Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Australia

We advise registered post because this enables the applicant to confirm receipt. The ACS will not issue receipts or sign acknowledgements over the counter and applicants are advised we will not speak to applicants on-site.
Please do not send the application to a state branch. The state branches are not able to process the file or issue a receipt. They can only forward it to National Office by ordinary mail which will add time to the process.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

bhatti81 is on a distinguished road

To all those who submitted the application online successfully,

(although questions look lengthy, answers are mostly yes/no except #1)

1. In the "Relevant experience" section, in the "To Date" dropdown it is compulsory to provide a month/year. So what should I specify in this "To Date" field for my current job i.e. an on-going job with duration "Sept 2003 - Current" ?

2. I have 6 years of experience working for the same company with a couple of roles (but all related to my MODL expertise). Complete details are mentioned in the Resume' and company's reference letter. So in the "Relevant Experience" section of online form, I am going to have one entry for this company mentioning my current position and in the "details" field say "Please refer to Resume for details". is that ok?

3. I am going to attach the original (colored) scanned copies with the online form (and ofcourse send notary certified copies of the same by mail). Is attaching scans of original ok?

4. Since I can put multiple documents in a zip file and there is no seperate place to upload the passport copy, is it ok to put the passport copy in the zip file that'll contain copies of my degrees/work experience?

Would appreciate an early response so that I can complete the submission.

Regards,
A. Hayee Bhatti
Old Aug 6th 2009, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Matrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bhatti81

1. In the "Relevant experience" section, in the "To Date" dropdown it is compulsory to provide a month/year. So what should I specify in this "To Date" field for my current job i.e. an on-going job with duration "Sept 2003 - Current" ?
Just select the latest possible date (which would be August 2009 at the moment).

2. I have 6 years of experience working for the same company with a couple of roles (but all related to my MODL expertise). Complete details are mentioned in the Resume' and company's reference letter. So in the "Relevant Experience" section of online form, I am going to have one entry for this company mentioning my current position and in the "details" field say "Please refer to Resume for details". is that ok?
Sounds ok to me. I just listed the different SAP modules I worked with, but all the details should be in your resume and references anyway.

3. I am going to attach the original (colored) scanned copies with the online form (and ofcourse send notary certified copies of the same by mail). Is attaching scans of original ok?
That's fine.

4. Since I can put multiple documents in a zip file and there is no seperate place to upload the passport copy, is it ok to put the passport copy in the zip file that'll contain copies of my degrees/work experience?
I decided to create an extra entry under "Relevant experience" covering the complete time period, where I attached all documentation I could not attach elsewhere (such as SAP training certificates, resume and passport copy).
As "organisation" I just put "Additional Documents", and under "details" I listed the documents I put in the zip file for this entry.

Regards,
A. Hayee Bhatti
See answers above
Old Aug 6th 2009, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Regards,
A. Hayee Bhatti

Since all ur questions are nicely answered in the previous post by Matrisha, I will just answer question 4. I did exactly what u r planning to do, and it all went well. So best of luck
Old Aug 6th 2009, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by feedo
Dear,
thanks in advance .
F.
Which country r u residing in right now? If in Australia, u can do it by JPS (Justice of Peace), pharmacist, bank manager, police (not sure abt the rank), postal officer....JPS is the coolest- they do it free and they dedicate 6-7 hrs a week only for doc certification. I did my doc cert in Perth by JPS.

In some other countries, certification is also know as attestation (like India, my home country). You can do it by 1st class government officers, justice,principal of college etc.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: ACS Online Assessment Available now - Has anyone applied yet ?

@Matrisha/@supriyag

Thanks for the answers.
Did you guys come across (or know of) any file size limitations for the documents being uploaded?
Old Aug 6th 2009, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

@Matrisha/@supriyag

Thanks for the answers.
Did you guys come across (or know of) any file size limitations for the documents being uploaded?
Not me.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

I am an Oracle certified associate for the developer track however its only been a month that I've become one and therefore haven't recieved certificate from ORACLE yet. So, would the copy of prometric certificates (that they gave me after I passed both exams) be fine as a proof?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.