Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ACS Online Assessment Available now - Has anyone applied yet ?

ACS Online Assessment Available now - Has anyone applied yet ?

Old Dec 19th 2008, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

manumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nice
Default ACS Online Assessment Available now - Has anyone applied yet ?

Hi,
Was getting ready to mail my papers for ACS assessment when I saw this link on ACS website for online application.

http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?acti...killindividual

The website says :
* The information you enter is saved directly into our database.
* You can track and view the status of your application from anywhere in the world.
* You are able to print and receive an email acknowledgement as soon as payment is made.
* Migration Agents only need to register once.

Apply Online

This service is quicker as your application is ready for processing as soon as you provide the completed application and certified documents to the ACS.

Has anyone here applied online yet ? How do we submit the documents ? Does a scanned copy of the documents suffice ?

Regards
Manumani
Old Dec 21st 2008, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

manumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nice
Default Re: ACS Online Assessment Available now - Has anyone applied yet ?

Hi,
Has anyone tried this yet, or should I just send it by mail

Regards
Manumani
Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

rushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to all

It was paper applications only when I did it, but I remember thinking how odd it was that the Australian Computer Society was the only part of the application process that had to be done on paper and sent by post!

I'd use the new on-line process if I was you. It should speed it up a bit, and you won't have the hassle and expense of sending the documents by post.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

kandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

Please let me know if anyone has used online link to submit skills assessment form for ACS. There is no inform available on the site about using online link.

1) Do we have to send the hard copies (certified) along with online submission?
2) Do we need to attach certified scanned copies?
3) There is no provision to attach passport copies and other documents required by ACS.

Please clarify if anyone has used this link.

Thanks,
Kandy.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 3:06 pm
24Dec2009:175 - Got Visa

apnavsari is an unknown quantity at this point

I had checked the link for making online application to and found that some of the drop downs don't work properly especially qualification dropdown. I am planning to call them to make sure what to enter. But for now it seems that it is not working properly

Aj
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

darrenshakespeare is an unknown quantity at this point

I checked this and it seems you can apply the application form online, but you must send the paper copies of all other doc's (passport, birth cert, qualifications, etc) direct by mail. You can;t attach them apparently.
Silly, hey?
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:00 pm

Hi darrenshakespeare ,

Did you apply for it or not. How do you know that you cannot attach document.
I am very close to collecting everything may be by the end of next week I would be able to make my application.

Thanks,
Aj
Old Jan 15th 2009, 3:17 am
Just Joined

4hB9NH is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you know if we can file an RPL application also through this online form?
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:33 am
Just Joined

darrenshakespeare is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in same position as you - am close to having everything together in order to apply to ACS.

See below for my questions to the ACS and their (short) responses on 9th Jan 2009 (last week).

By all means, check again - as I haven't looked in detail in the online application area.

----------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

I hope you can assist on a few questions i have:

1) Do you have any example templates I can use for getting previous/current employer references? I'm not sure what the ACS look for - simple paragraph with bullet points outlining my job role or a couple of pages of deatiled job descriptions, including personal & character traits/assessment?

2) Can you now apply for a Skills Assessment online? It loks like you can, but a number of links and drop-down lists don;t seem to be working or are not complete. I assume you can also attach your supporting documents online too?

3) Do I have to get my certified copies of references & education certificates signed by a notary (or relevant legal person) before I can scan & email them to you? Or is it just the passport and personal ID documents that require a notory signature

Regards
Darren Shakespeare

----------------------------------------

Dear Sir,

These are to answer your queries.

1. We do not have templates for employer reference.

2 You can apply online but the documents have to be sent by post.

3. Certified copy of documents are still required.

Regards,
Skills Assessment Support Officer
Australian Computer Society
www.acs.org.au <http://www.acs.org.au/>
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Can't comment on the online situation so not sure if this will be of much help but .....we were going to send our application by registered post but on the recommendation and help from people here, we used DHL Interparcel.

They were fab - we arranged it on a Thursday eve, it was collected Friday afternoon and was signed for in Oz on Mon morning at 9am. It cost us £20.

Now all I have to do is wait...........

Last edited by myrtle1; Jan 15th 2009 at 8:50 pm. Reason: half asleep!
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:49 am
Just Joined

martin_s is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a go at using the online application last night, and to be honest, I'm not 100% sure it actually works. When I clicked the "Submit" button, it didn't display any "Thanks for submitting" message, it loaded up a new blank form.

Judging from other's posts, I might have to wait a few days to see if I receive an acknowledgment email as I assume they'll only acknowledge once they've taken payment rather than sending an automated response email. But, I was wondering if anyone else has actually tried this, and let me know if this is normal behaviour, or did something go wrong, and I should just send my application by post?
Old Feb 5th 2009, 4:19 pm

yes I did the Online Application and had no problem on Feb3.
I used most of the text field with the drop downs to mention my details as most of it is from outside Australia. Also after submitting I got the acknowledgment email for submission in few minutes after I clicked submit. For attachments I scanned the originals and attached them on the online form, if more then one I zipped them.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=578514

Thanks
Aj
Old Feb 7th 2009, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

martin_s is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for replying. My question was more about what happened once you clicked the submit button rather than how you filled it in to be honest.

So they send a confirmation email immediately? Did you get a confirmation page in the browser or did the form just refresh with empty fields after submitting?

Looks suspisciously like I'll to have to fill in the form again and give it another go.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 2:32 pm

Yes I got a confirmation page saying "Thank you for your application. Your application has been submitted with reference number xxxxxx.".

After that in few minutes I got the acknowledgment email too.
__________________________________________________ ___
Level 3, 160 Clarence Street
Sydney NSW 2000

x February 2009

Dear Mr XX XXXXX,

Thank you for your Skills Assessment Application to the Australian Computer Society. Your application reference number is xxxxxx.

We urge all applicants to avoid contacting us unless absolutely necessary as this only serves to delay the application processing. You can track the progress of your application through our web site at http://www.acs.org.au/skillsapp/index.asp, using your application reference number above as your user identification and XXXXXXXXX as your password. (Please note this is case sensitive, so enter them exactly as shown).

This notification may also be used as confirmation to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) that you have lodged an application with the ACS.

The assessment takes approximately 12 weeks to complete and should we in the meantime require additional information you shall be contacted.

Please check that the spelling of your name is correct above, if you should see an error please email us immediately so this can be rectified.

If you have any other queries please email [email protected].

Regards,
Skills Assessment Processing Department

ACS REFERS YOU TO THE IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER AND NOTICE ABOUT THIS EMAIL AT http://www.acs.org.au/disclaimer.htm
Old Feb 19th 2009, 6:59 am
Just Joined

asifnasim is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi apnavsari,

I am also planning for applying online for ACS assessment. I have seen the online application page and unable to find any place for attaching passport and resume.

Need your help in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.