ACS certified copies & IELTS

Old May 28th 2015, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

LThomson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS certified copies & IELTS

Hi,

I have an existing acs skill assessment which is valid only till July of 2015.
However as i could not get the required IELTS yet, I need to re apply for ACS.

My question is, ACS says that all certified copies should be uploaded.
I have the attestation from notary (from India) received on all documents and I have the scanned copy of the same (certified 2 years back)

Can i upload the same documents again for the new acs assessment or do i need to get the attestation again for all the documents.

My second question is that I have heard that there is a concession on IELTS score (that u can submit two TRF with the required score, in case u could not get the score in one exam) , Is it applicable for all skills set.

Please help
Old May 28th 2015, 9:55 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS certified copies & IELTS

Originally Posted by LThomson
Hi,

I have an existing acs skill assessment which is valid only till July of 2015.
However as i could not get the required IELTS yet, I need to re apply for ACS.

My question is, ACS says that all certified copies should be uploaded.
I have the attestation from notary (from India) received on all documents and I have the scanned copy of the same (certified 2 years back)

Can i upload the same documents again for the new acs assessment or do i need to get the attestation again for all the documents.

My second question is that I have heard that there is a concession on IELTS score (that u can submit two TRF with the required score, in case u could not get the score in one exam) , Is it applicable for all skills set.

Please help
Think this should be in Australian section.

IELTS needs to be passed in a single sitting - you cannot combine two or more results. There are now alternatives to IELTS fro DIBP. I would not reapply for ACS until you have achieved the required English level.

Be aware of new ACS rules that require a period of work experience before you are deemed skilled.
Old May 28th 2015, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

keytofreedom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Think this should be in Australian section.

IELTS needs to be passed in a single sitting - you cannot combine two or more results. There are now alternatives to IELTS fro DIBP. I would not reapply for ACS until you have achieved the required English level.

Be aware of new ACS rules that require a period of work experience before you are deemed skilled.
Hi,

Do you know which authority shall I choose to get my employment references certified in the UK? What if it that was self-employment?

Thanks for any info.
Zig
Old May 28th 2015, 7:35 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keytofreedom
Hi,

Do you know which authority shall I choose to get my employment references certified in the UK? What if it that was self-employment?

Thanks for any info.
Zig
You can try a notary public, or someone with an acceptable occupation - solicitor, magistrate, etc.
Old May 28th 2015, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

keytofreedom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
You can try a notary public, or someone with an acceptable occupation - solicitor, magistrate, etc.
Thanks for an advice. So any of these are authorized to do it I suppose.
I guess that employment reference should be provided on a company letterhead, is that so?
Should the Notary Public state that the referee’s signature is witnessed? Meaning that it can only be done when all parties are together at the time when reference is signed.

Thanks.
Old May 29th 2015, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

LThomson is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advise on IELTS.

Can u help me to understand whether the certified copies have any validity.
I have got them attested by notary 2 years back, Can I use the same document again for the ACS. Or a fresh certified copy is needed ?
Old May 29th 2015, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by LThomson
Thanks for the advise on IELTS.

Can u help me to understand whether the certified copies have any validity.
I have got them attested by notary 2 years back, Can I use the same document again for the ACS. Or a fresh certified copy is needed ?
Contact ACS and explain the situation. They will advise you if they need newly certified copies, or whether as it is a reassessment, they may just need copies of updated experience letters, etc
Old May 29th 2015, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by keytofreedom
Thanks for an advice. So any of these are authorized to do it I suppose.
I guess that employment reference should be provided on a company letterhead, is that so?
Should the Notary Public state that the referee’s signature is witnessed? Meaning that it can only be done when all parties are together at the time when reference is signed.

Thanks.
Your skills assessing body will have guidelines on reference letter standards.

The notary doesn't need to witness a referees signature. They will only attest that a copy is a true likeness of the original. The assessing body and DIBP will security check references.