ACS-2009 Applicants!

Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS-2009 Applicants!

Originally Posted by rachyj
Like Myrtle says-I wish you a speedy process too with a positive result at the end
Thanks Rach and to you guys too!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

manumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nice

Hi,
I sent in my application on 26th December. Date received 5th Jan. Current status :To Be Allocated.

Manumani
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:08 pm
Account Closed

Kayelem is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kayelem
No probs! My hubby has actually provided 2 refs-one from his current employer,and one from his past employer,he's only ever worked for 2 companies. Just like Myrtles hubby,we had to back one of these ref's up as it was very short and quite vague,so he had to provide a stat declaration as well!If your hubby can get more than 2 then I assume this would help his application more? We have gone through an agent ,so everything was checked before we sent it,and they were happy with us only sending 2... In regards to signing docs,we paid a solicitor to do it-he charged us £15 to sign 10 docs approx...We sent our application in the post via our agent..

Hope this info helps,sorry if it's a bit vague,dont want to give you any wrong info as we havent passed ours yet-you just never know what they are after I suppose!

Good Luck with your application
Thanks Rachyj. Thanks for the useful info. Good luck to you too.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:13 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by manumani
Hi,
I sent in my application on 26th December. Date received 5th Jan. Current status :To Be Allocated.

Manumani
So....Go on.....tell us??
What's your record for the most number of times you've checked the status - in 1 day?
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

manumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nice

I check once in 3-4 days. I know it's going to take 8-10 weeks and I am a patient man. A very patient man.

Currently getting ready for IELTS. Planning to give it in March. Need band of 7 to get max points.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:38 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=manumani;7223222]I check once in 3-4 days. I know it's going to take 8-10 weeks and I am a patient man. A very patient man.

Wow - how cool are you?
Maybe I should learn a little more patience myself
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

This serves as practice round for when I actually file for immigration. Then I will probably check for status once a month ! Like the Hero Honda Ad that said "Fill it, shut it, forget it !". Modified it for the immigration process "File it, shut it and forget it"

Manumani
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

EdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really nice

[QUOTE=rachyj;7219277]The more I hear,the more I agree with you,maybe they are allocating the RPL applications quicker because they take longer to look through with all the info...

I can assure you that RPL is no quicker! While we're technically Dec 08applicants, I'm following this thread with interest. Our timeline for the NEC classification is Application lodged 3rd December, Acknowledged 8th December and has been to be allocated ever since. Going by other timelines, it should switch to in process any day now and yes like everyone else, I'm checking it twice a day....

Really liked the Honda advert analogy but very keen to lodge and get 175 so we can get off this dreadful 457 and have some security.

Edna x
Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

rachyj will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=EdnaAverage;7223562]
The more I hear,the more I agree with you,maybe they are allocating the RPL applications quicker because they take longer to look through with all the info...

I can assure you that RPL is no quicker! While we're technically Dec 08applicants, I'm following this thread with interest. Our timeline for the NEC classification is Application lodged 3rd December, Acknowledged 8th December and has been to be allocated ever since. Going by other timelines, it should switch to in process any day now and yes like everyone else, I'm checking it twice a day....

Really liked the Honda advert analogy but very keen to lodge and get 175 so we can get off this dreadful 457 and have some security.

Edna x
I suppose nobody knows apart from the ACS themselves-there doesnt seem to be a logical order in which it turns to 'in process',everybody's application seems to be different-roll on the next 12 weeks!

Good Luck with your result Edna-its nice to hear you're over in Oz and applying for the more secure visa,it must definately be worth the move then!
Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by myrtle1
So....Go on.....tell us??
What's your record for the most number of times you've checked the status - in 1 day?
Im checking at least once a day-but Im sure this will wear off!
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

EdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really nice

[QUOTE=rachyj;7226978]
Originally Posted by EdnaAverage

Good Luck with your result Edna-its nice to hear you're over in Oz and applying for the more secure visa,it must definately be worth the move then!
Cheers Rachy, good luck with yours too.

Is it worth it being here on a 457? Yes and No. Yes in the fact that Melbourne is great and our relocation etc was paid for. No in the fact that my job which the visa is tied to is definitely at least 2 steps backwards and I'm not being considered for other external jobs because of the lack of permanent visa. However, I will soon have a year's Australian experience which does count for a lot in the local job market.

I'm trying to keep positive but it's hard and my worst fear is that Immi will change the list again before we can submit and all this ACS stuff will have been in vain.

Edna
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

nevster is an unknown quantity at this point

My application has changed to with assessor today. So it's taken nearly the full 12 weeks since my application was received on the 6th of Nov. I guess the xmas holidays have not helped the processing time. Hopefully all your apps will be a bit quicker!

The only downside is I'm off to Aus on Thursday for a reccie/holiday for two weeks, so i won't know the result until I get back.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nevster
My application has changed to with assessor today. So it's taken nearly the full 12 weeks since my application was received on the 6th of Nov. I guess the xmas holidays have not helped the processing time. Hopefully all your apps will be a bit quicker!

The only downside is I'm off to Aus on Thursday for a reccie/holiday for two weeks, so i won't know the result until I get back.
oooohhh-good news,but a bit of rubbish timing with your holiday coming up!! Ill keep my fingers crossed for you-have a great holiday....
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 11:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by nevster

Fingers crossed you're almost there then! Enjoy your reccie Where are you heading?
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

nevster is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup fingers crossed that it has all gone well.

I'm going to be in Melbourne for a week to visit my sister and have a good look around, as that is hopefully where I'll be heading if I move. Then spending a week up on the Gold Coast in Coolangatta. Mainly going there to surf and relax, but I will go have a look around Brissy while I'm there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.