Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Old Jul 31st 2008, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Jimmyinaustralia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

I have confirmed from couple of migration agents and they have informed me that there is nothing related to Investment issue coming out on 09th August.

Are we still sending the delegation to Immigration office/Immigration minister. We'll have to push them for a decision as they are trying their best to drag this issue.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

kenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nice

send the delegation for no doubt
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Tom_VI is on a distinguished road

:thum bup:
Old Jul 31st 2008, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

sankan1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Originally Posted by kenwen20
send the delegation for no doubt
I support KenWen and other who is ready with delegation. All senior member of this forum have tried many thing in last 9 month but no one has tried to send delegation so far. I think delegation will put pressure straight on to minister.

Last edited by sankan1; Jul 31st 2008 at 1:33 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

on air mobile is an unknown quantity at this point

"delegation" the only way to push them up
Old Jul 31st 2008, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sankan1
All senior member of this forum have tried many thing in last 9 month but no one has tried to send delegation so far.

I guess mainly because most of us 'senior members' are not in Australia.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

on air mobile is an unknown quantity at this point

BUT WE ARE ,,,,AT LEAST HALF OF US IN OZ
Old Jul 31st 2008, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Joannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to all

Australian forum members should contact George to get the ball moving and to agree a date when these meetings will happen.........we need less talkling/posting and more organisation now.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by on air mobile
BUT WE ARE ,,,,AT LEAST HALF OF US IN OZ
A lot of the newer members seem to be in Australia, so if they can do anything locally all the better.

When we were taking action earlier in the year, most of the members (who I guess are 'senior members' now) were from the UK when it came to putting names to paper.

Last edited by geelong; Jul 31st 2008 at 4:46 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Tom_VI is on a distinguished road

Yes, most of us in the FORUM are from the UK, but we are from Germany and France too (me and my friends and spouse...., maybe we are a small number (please correct me if it is not true) but we are as eager as our friends from the UK!
So let's work on the same goal together!
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

I remembered there was someone from Germany but couldn't remember who it was

It would be a bit hard and costly to be part of a delegation if you were not in Australia already. So let's hope something can be put together by those already there.

Have any of those in Australia PM'd George to see if a delegation could be put together?
Old Jul 31st 2008, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Joannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to all

What is needed now is for those in Australia to contact George and group together to decide a sensible, respectful and diplomatic approach. However someone needs to represent ALL offshore applicants (including all our friends who have ever posted on this forum and beyond) perhaps the petition on gopetition could be presented on our behalf? Please lets get things moving all onshore applicants.

While I trust DIAC are looking into this, with so many lives affected we need to ensure this problem is given the priority it deserves, currently it feels like we are right at the bottom of someones 'to-do list' . It is also important to convey to the department that we are real people with faces and lives still on hold because of this delay.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Brisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the rough

Hi geelong

I am from Germany . I was one the first posters on this thread.

I support the idea of sending a delegation on our behalf for meeting Senator Evans. I think the guys who are already in Australia are better qualified, and should speak for all of us. What we need is action not words.

To all posters who are in Australia,

Please PM George, and plan with him before meeting Senator Evans. The meeting is a good idea, and it will help us resolve this problem.

Cheers
Brisbound

Originally Posted by geelong
I remembered there was someone from Germany but couldn't remember who it was

It would be a bit hard and costly to be part of a delegation if you were not in Australia already. So let's hope something can be put together by those already there.

Have any of those in Australia PM'd George to see if a delegation could be put together?
Old Aug 1st 2008, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

lyse will become famous soon enough

And don't forget us South Africans down here in Durban! There are two of us on this thread plus our husbands and children.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:02 am
Just Joined

mick84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi George/Joannec,

I'm one of the investment bond victim who closely monitored this thread for the last 4 months. I'm living in Wollongong in Oz at the moment and am very keen in joining the delegation to the minister. Please advise me of any proposed plan or date regarding this.

Cheers
Mick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.