Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Old Dec 14th 2007, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

SteveandGina is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Originally Posted by murwullambah
Hi George, first of all thanks for all your info and help,
I am also in this awfull situation, our job is not on the state list for sponsorship so that avenue is out. When you sugest making a new application with english test for extra points how do you go about this, do you inform DIAC that you want to scrap your old application, my partner will turn 35 next year so will get less points so we need to act fairly quickly, should we wait to hear from our CO when we get one or do we act now, will our application be fast tracked or do we just join the in the waiting list again. Sorry to ask so many questions but we too have sold our house to get to this stage and our lives are on hold at the moment, hoping you can advise, thanks

Murwullambah
Hi
Definitely don't scrap anything yet, as its possible we may get better news than we're expecting. Steve sent off IELTS booking forms + £100 yesterday as earliest date he could find was mid January and sounds like Geelong and others on this thread have done the same - Lots of study needed by the sound of it though.

Lets hope we hear something soon because theres lots of big decisions for everyone to make. Our house is on the market but luckily didn't find buyer yet. Are house prices going to drop ? Do we sell now ? What about the business ?

I'd suggest looking at the different options you have now and investigate further if necessary and I'd imagine probably best to book IELTS soon.

Dreading the thought of having to go through all this again. We thought we'd enjoy making the most of our last Christmas over here - don't know what to think now.
I can't stop checking this thread hoping for more news.
Better put the Christmas lights up now.

Gina & Steve
Old Dec 14th 2007, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All

Once more all i can do is post what ive been advised upon and clarify points raised earlier in this thread with advice from our agent,

When a subclass 136 application is lodged and it transpires that the number of points that an applicant has is under the passmark (120) but over the pool mark, then the application is not refused. Instead the application sits in a “pool” for up to 2 years. During that two years, if the passmark were ever to drop, then the applicants would be eligible for a grant of the subclass 136. For example, if the passmark were to drop to 115, then the applicants sitting on that would be eligible for a grant.

So, in the case of people applying for a s/c 136 using 5 bonus investment points on the basis of meeting the 120 required will in theory be assessed at 115 and therefore placed in the pool.

Additionally, as I have mentioned previously, the subclass 136 and subclass 137 belong to the same class (Class BN) of visa applications (it is helpful to think of them as under the same umbrella). If you apply for a subclass 136 then you are automatically assessed against all other BN classes of visas i.e. the application is assessed under s/c 137 criteria too. If you can meet either of those criteria then you are able to have the visa granted. Depending on this person’s occupation then s/he could seek State sponsorship with a view to meeting the s/c 137 visa criteria. However, as this is a widespread issue, there may be an exception to allow for additional points for language as this person has indicated below.

I would also mention that if this person has used the on-line query submissions on the DIAC website, then the response provided is not necessarily from a case officer. It is likely to be from someone who works within the communications department rather than a case officer and as such, they do not have the delegated powers regarding the visa applications that the case officer has. I just make that comment due to this sentence: Can the CO deny me the right to resit the IELTS

At the moment under the s/c 136 there is no right per se for an applicant to sit IETLS to obtain 25 points. The maximum number of points that an applicant can obtain for their English Language under s/c 136 is 20. The availability of 25 points has only been for applications post September 2007. I agree with you and the post below that sitting the IETLS to obtain the additional 5 points makes sense as being the simplest and fairest way of sorting out the problem (for native English speakers) but it does require a change in the regulations, which to be honest, even case officers don’t have the authority to do.

I hope that makes sense.

We are so close from walking away with all faith lost in what was to be our new home for the rest of our days

Keep Smiling Matt n Rach
Old Dec 14th 2007, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

pomerz,
Don't give up faith. A week or so ago the news from your agent was that there was no processing of applications for those looking to invest in the bonds for the 5 points, if I remember your post correctly.

Fortunately that is not the case because we got our acknowledgement today, asked to send off medicals and police checks and have been advised to expect a case officer in due course.

I don't think anyone knows yet how this situation will be resolved.

We have been feeling pretty down with this situation too. At least today has got us smiling again.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Brisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the rough

Hi geelong

I agree with you.

The fact that DIAC did not suspend the processing of the applications can be seen as a positive sign. Certainly, the bond problem is on their table, and nobody knows how they will fix it. Any suggestions by anybody outside the circle of the decision makers at DIAC equate to pure speculations.

@Pomerz

Relax mate and enjoy your weekend, I hope we will hear some good news in the near future. As I have stated above, nobody knows the exact situation at DIAC.

Best regards
Brisbound

Originally Posted by geelong
pomerz,
Don't give up faith. A week or so ago the news from your agent was that there was no processing of applications for those looking to invest in the bonds for the 5 points, if I remember your post correctly.

Fortunately that is not the case because we got our acknowledgement today, asked to send off medicals and police checks and have been advised to expect a case officer in due course.

I don't think anyone knows yet how this situation will be resolved.

We have been feeling pretty down with this situation too. At least today has got us smiling again.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really nice

This is just horrendous!
We have been feeling terrible that this has happened. It has already spoiled Christmas in many respects

I admit not knowing the full facts on what caused this, but (in the grand scheme of things), it doesn't seem 'that' massive a scam that caused this, were the treasuries looking for an excuse to pull out, I wonder?
Also I am surprised that it has been suggested that the treasury and DIAC are totally unconnected in how they will remedy this- surely there was some sort of a collusion when the bond lodgement scheme was setup? So one would hope DIAC won't just walk away from those of us effected by the acts of a relative few, in a one-off scam.

In my case I don't think re-applying is going to be an option, because I will soon be too old and , we pretty much only just scraped through by the old rules, which have slightly altered, not in our favour, since Sept.

We are now trying to come to terms with letting our dream go, and how to tell the kids....
Gaz
Old Dec 14th 2007, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gazzap
This is just horrendous!
We have been feeling terrible that this has happened. It has already spoiled Christmas in many respects

I admit not knowing the full facts on what caused this, but (in the grand scheme of things), it doesn't seem 'that' massive a scam that caused this, were the treasuries looking for an excuse to pull out, I wonder?
Also I am surprised that it has been suggested that the treasury and DIAC are totally unconnected in how they will remedy this- surely there was some sort of a collusion when the bond lodgement scheme was setup? So one would hope DIAC won't just walk away from those of us effected by the acts of a relative few, in a one-off scam.

In my case I don't think re-applying is going to be an option, because I will soon be too old and , we pretty much only just scraped through by the old rules, which have slightly altered, not in our favour, since Sept.

We are now trying to come to terms with letting our dream go, and how to tell the kids....
Gaz
Dont give up your dream Gaz! Not sure what to suggest but as somebody put it (earlier in this thread) - there are many, many ways to skin the immigration cat!

Stay positive that DIAC will make provision. Australia is a first world country with first world rules. It aint over until the fat aussie DIAC official sings
Old Dec 14th 2007, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really nice

Originally Posted by dejags
Dont give up your dream Gaz! Not sure what to suggest but as somebody put it (earlier in this thread) - there are many, many ways to skin the immigration cat!

Stay positive that DIAC will make provision. Australia is a first world country with first world rules. It aint over until the fat aussie DIAC official sings

Thanks Dejags, it won't be easy to give up, we've been trying since 1994!
Gaz
Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everybody.

We too think that geelongs acknowledgement today is a positive sign that DIAC might be thinking of options for all of us in this unfortunate situation.

We just want some news, anything before Christmas, even if it is just to let us know they are trying thier best to find a solution, just to give us some hope.

Steve and Gina.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Geelong and Brisbound, your support is welcomed.

We will try and hope for some news soon, after all its only been 10 days since we were told, so your news has a little hope for all who knows hey

On the down side Gaz we also were uncomfortable this evening telling our 10 year old that we perhaps wont be returning to Adelaide after all and that we would like him to see some properties in Cornwall which is a sorry looking plan B....It wasnt easy and went down like the Titanic

The trouble is i am a planner i always have been and limboland isnt an option i need that goal or end game and this is driving me mentol.

Thanks tho guys and i hope the rest here in the same mess are coping better than us.
Have a good weekend, we are off to an office Christmas freebie so shouldnt remember too much until monday!

Matt n Rach
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:28 am
Just Joined

kamal is an unknown quantity at this point

HI friends,

This is kamal, I am also in the same situation like u guyz and am living in sydney. I went to the DIAC office in sydney yesterday to find out about this.

They told me that they haven't decided anything about this capital investment freeze and they are still thinking about the other options. They told me that they are going to contact clients in near future and ask them whether they want to continue in this same option(capital investment).

We need not to worry because they are thousands of people here in the same condition.

Let's hope we get some good news from DIAC.

Regards,
Kamal
Old Dec 15th 2007, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for this info and re-assurance Kamal. Lets hope a bit of good news is on its way soon.

Kind Regards
Gina & Steve
Old Dec 15th 2007, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Brisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the rough

Thank you Kamal for the information.

Best regards
Brisbound

Originally Posted by kamal
HI friends,

This is kamal, I am also in the same situation like u guyz and am living in sydney. I went to the DIAC office in sydney yesterday to find out about this.

They told me that they haven't decided anything about this capital investment freeze and they are still thinking about the other options. They told me that they are going to contact clients in near future and ask them whether they want to continue in this same option(capital investment).

We need not to worry because they are thousands of people here in the same condition.

Let's hope we get some good news from DIAC.

Regards,
Kamal
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

naveenbabuk is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

What happens if IELTS says they don't want to conduct exam's any more. Is DIMIA is going to stop immigrating people? I think they should show a way.

Cheers
Naveen
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by naveenbabuk
Hi All,

What happens if IELTS says they don't want to conduct exam's any more. Is DIMIA is going to stop immigrating people? I think they should show a way.

Cheers
Naveen
To take the question literrally, there are other systems in place apart from IELTS. They'd probably just switch to the OET or similar (which is already acceptable in lieu). But yes, I see your point.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 8:53 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geelong
Well, we are relying on the $100k investment and we just got our acknowledgement today so it does look like they are still processing those applications.
Hi Geelong,

Yes, still processing in the sense of issuing acknowledgements etc but they may be holding back such applications from decision pending some solution.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.