Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Old Dec 11th 2007, 5:59 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Originally Posted by Brisbound
Dear Ms ALLAN, Mr Lombard and All investment capital applicants

Could you please inform me if there are some new developments regarding the investment capital bond. I have read in another thread by Pomerz that DIAC has suspended processing the applications that are affected by the cancellation of the investment capital, and there will be no Case Officer allocation for the time being.

I don't know about the veracity of this information. I have received no news from DIAC, and there was no official news on their website.

Thank you.
Dear BB,

What you've mentioned is one administrative remedy being undertaken by DIAC in case the Minister decides to take one of the steps available to him. It doesn't mean that he will. But in the meantime no-one is going to be refused because they didn't have the statutory deposit. DIAC has a lot of other cases to get on with so what you're now facing is a delay which could go for many, many months and still not have a positive outcome.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Dec 11th 2007, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Brisbound
Dear Ms ALLAN, Mr Lombard and All investment capital applicants

Could you please inform me if there are some new developments regarding the investment capital bond. I have read in another thread by Pomerz that DIAC has suspended processing the applications that are affected by the cancellation of the investment capital, and there will be no Case Officer allocation for the time being.

I don't know about the veracity of this information. I have received no news from DIAC, and there was no official news on their website.

Thank you.
It doesn't rain but it pours. I'll watch this space.

Our Capital Investment was accepted by NT and all the documentation has been sent to DIAC. I am now left wondering if DIAC will accept it???
Old Dec 11th 2007, 6:20 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dejags
It doesn't rain but it pours. I'll watch this space.

Our Capital Investment was accepted by NT and all the documentation has been sent to DIAC. I am now left wondering if DIAC will accept it???
Hi Dejags,

No the moratorium is on processing people who can't get the stat deposit. You're probably one of the last to squeeze in.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Dec 11th 2007, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Dejags,

No the moratorium is on processing people who can't get the stat deposit. You're probably one of the last to squeeze in.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Cheers George.

This is what I hoped would be the case.

I'll go back to waiting...... and waiting ..... and waiting.....

:-)
Old Dec 13th 2007, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

Snowmate is on a distinguished road

Dear All,

I am one of the applicants affected by the removal of the capital investment option. I have been planning to resit my IELTS to improve my score and gain more points. I have lodged my application in July 2007 and do not have a CO, yet. A couple of days ago I emailed DIAC about my case and this is part of their answer, which I got this morning:

"Once your application has been allocated to a case officer you will
receive further instructions if we require any additional documents to
process your application. Your case officer will advise you
if you may resit your IELTS and with regards to the situation with capital
investment."

This was the key part of the answer and the rest was just general information on how to correspond with DIAC etc. There was no mention about stopping the processing of the applications of people, who were planning to use the capital investment option. From this answer I understood that the situation is still open i.e. they have not made any decisions regarding the faith of the applicants planning to make the investment. Now I was just wondering Can the CO deny me the right to resit the IELTS should they decide to cancel bond investments and just refuse the visas for all applicants wishing to make the investment?

Cheers,
Snowmate

Last edited by Snowmate; Dec 13th 2007 at 7:04 am.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 10:48 am
Just Joined

rathna is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all,

can any one please tell me on what date quensland treasury stoped accepting the bonds, i sent them on 19/11/07,i haven't received any reply,so what does it mean,is it approved or not,please tell me.

thanks.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Snowmate
Dear All,

I am one of the applicants affected by the removal of the capital investment option. I have been planning to resit my IELTS to improve my score and gain more points. I have lodged my application in July 2007 and do not have a CO, yet. A couple of days ago I emailed DIAC about my case and this is part of their answer, which I got this morning:

"Once your application has been allocated to a case officer you will
receive further instructions if we require any additional documents to
process your application. Your case officer will advise you
if you may resit your IELTS and with regards to the situation with capital
investment."

This was the key part of the answer and the rest was just general information on how to correspond with DIAC etc. There was no mention about stopping the processing of the applications of people, who were planning to use the capital investment option. From this answer I understood that the situation is still open i.e. they have not made any decisions regarding the faith of the applicants planning to make the investment. Now I was just wondering Can the CO deny me the right to resit the IELTS should they decide to cancel bond investments and just refuse the visas for all applicants wishing to make the investment?

Cheers,
Snowmate
Hi Snowmate
The Info i was given last week was from my agent(regarding the stopping of process) i do hope that this new info is the case and that our applications can continue.

If so then its possibly fantastic news (although cautious at this stage)

Please keep us informed if you hear any more and i will copy this to my agant and ask their clarification also

Matt n Rach
Old Dec 13th 2007, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

SteveandGina is on a distinguished road

Hi snowmate,

Just wondering, you have said that you are going to re-sit your ielts to gain more points, but you applied in July before the ielts came into force on September the 1st, did you sit the exam to see how difficult it was just in case you wanted to apply after September the 1st.

I have booked a test for early January just in case the worst happens and we have to re-apply.

Hope what DIAC said in your e-mail is true and they would grant an additional 5 point for an ielts 7 score, fingers crossed, we can only hope.

Regards.

Steve and Gina.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Snowmate is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by SteveandGina
Hi snowmate,

Just wondering, you have said that you are going to re-sit your ielts to gain more points, but you applied in July before the ielts came into force on September the 1st, did you sit the exam to see how difficult it was just in case you wanted to apply after September the 1st.

I have booked a test for early January just in case the worst happens and we have to re-apply.

Hope what DIAC said in your e-mail is true and they would grant an additional 5 point for an ielts 7 score, fingers crossed, we can only hope.

Regards.

Steve and Gina.
Hi Steve and Gina,

I am not a native speaker and I had to sit the IELTS to be able to apply, even before September 1st. I got 15 points for my IELTS score. Should I be able to slightly improve my score, I would get 20 points for my English language skills.

Cheers,
Snowmate
Old Dec 13th 2007, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowmate
Hi Steve and Gina,

I am not a native speaker and I had to sit the IELTS to be able to apply, even before September 1st. I got 15 points for my IELTS score. Should I be able to slightly improve my score, I would get 20 points for my English language skills.

Cheers,
Snowmate

Hi Snowmate

You can improve your svcore from 15 to 20 at any time during the application up to when a points assessment is locked in. As your case has not yet been allocated and has been pulled aside, it looks good for you. If I were you I would be immediately booking a new IELTS until you receive the minimum of 6 in each category.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Dec 13th 2007, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

We booked up an IELTS test today for 12th January just in case we need it. We feel it is worth the cost just to have it there should we have to reapply if the worst happens with the $100k bonds issue.

Bearing in mind they are acknowledging July 31st offshore now, we should know pretty soon if they are still processing applications that have the $100k points because we applied on 31/7.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really nice

:curse::curse:OMG!!!!! :curse::curse:
I've not been on the forum for a couple of a months, and this really isn't the news I wanted to hear!

What with the housing/mortgage markets as they are, we have had to really 'squeeze blood out of more than a few stones' to get the bond together- is it all for nothing?

We were on the 136visa and I will soon become 45 years old so we HAVE to know what is happening ASAP.

Should our agent have been aware of this (because they've said nothing to us!)? I need to know whether to shout at them or not!
Gaz
Old Dec 14th 2007, 6:12 am
Reg. Migration Agent

Originally Posted by Gazzap
:curse::curse:OMG!!!!! :curse::curse:
I've not been on the forum for a couple of a months, and this really isn't the news I wanted to hear!

What with the housing/mortgage markets as they are, we have had to really 'squeeze blood out of more than a few stones' to get the bond together- is it all for nothing?

We were on the 136visa and I will soon become 45 years old so we HAVE to know what is happening ASAP.

Should our agent have been aware of this (because they've said nothing to us!)? I need to know whether to shout at them or not!
Gaz
Hi Gazza,

If you haven't already lodged the bond then I would be seriously contemplating a new application before you turn 45. Any MIA member agent would know about this but agents who are neither MARA registered or MIA members may well have no idea.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Dec 14th 2007, 11:18 am
Just Joined

murwullambah will become famous soon enough

Hi George, first of all thanks for all your info and help,
I am also in this awfull situation, our job is not on the state list for sponsorship so that avenue is out. When you sugest making a new application with english test for extra points how do you go about this, do you inform DIAC that you want to scrap your old application, my partner will turn 35 next year so will get less points so we need to act fairly quickly, should we wait to hear from our CO when we get one or do we act now, will our application be fast tracked or do we just join the in the waiting list again. Sorry to ask so many questions but we too have sold our house to get to this stage and our lives are on hold at the moment, hoping you can advise, thanks

Murwullambah
Old Dec 14th 2007, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

Well, we are relying on the $100k investment and we just got our acknowledgement today so it does look like they are still processing those applications.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.