Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Old Nov 30th 2007, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

Brisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Hi George

Thanks for the advice.

My 136 MODL skilled visa was acknowledged and I have received my reference number. I have completed the medicals and PCC. The CO is not yet allocated.

Thanks.

Jaidee

Have you done the investment without receiving the go-ahead
from the CO.

Thanks.

Is it possible to make the investment (based on boolket 6)
at this stage (CO is not yet allocated) ?

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Dear M and B,

There is no indication that all the treasuries are dropping out. However if the scheme is badly affected by the alleged fraud described in http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=495035 then there might be changes. Your 5 points depends on the co-operation of one of the designated treasuries. This is just the law. DIAC doesn't care. However as I mentioned to Jag it's possible to contact all the designated treasuries and confirm their current policy and, importantly, make sure you know who will give the best interest rate. If there's only one treasury participating then I'm sure the interest rate will trend towards zero :-(

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

SteveandGina is on a distinguished road

Hi,

On friday i found out that the Northern Territory and South Australia have also pulled out as from the 30th november.

We are due to be asked for the bond any day now.

Anybody got any ideas as to what the solution might be to this nightmare. cant beleive this is happening.

Regards.

Steve and Gina.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:25 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SteveandGina
Hi,

On friday i found out that the Northern Territory and South Australia have also pulled out as from the 30th november.

We are due to be asked for the bond any day now.

Anybody got any ideas as to what the solution might be to this nightmare. cant beleive this is happening.
First step is to find out which of the treasuries are still participating and work from there.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Brisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the rough

Hi

I have sent an email to [email protected] but it bounced back. This email is specified in booklet 6.

I have been trying to enquire about the Investement Bond in NSW. Do I have the right email address?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by JAJ
First step is to find out which of the treasuries are still participating and work from there.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Brisbound,

I beleive that this is the mail address and it also bounced back for me.

I have contacted them through thier website and currently wating for a reply.
I am also awaiting replies from Victoria and Queensland and will post as soon as i have any news.

Western australia replied saying that they are no longer participating.

Regards.

Steve and Gina.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hi SteveandGina

> Western australia replied saying that they are no longer
> participating.

That's true, the same can be said about Northern Territory and South Australia.

Kind regards

Originally Posted by SteveandGina
Hi Brisbound,

I beleive that this is the mail address and it also bounced back for me.

I have contacted them through thier website and currently wating for a reply.
I am also awaiting replies from Victoria and Queensland and will post as soon as i have any news.

Western australia replied saying that they are no longer participating.

Regards.

Steve and Gina.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Brisbound,

Western Australia withdrew in June 2007,

Northern Territory and South Australia withdrew on Friday 30th November 2007.

This leaves NSW, Queensland and Victoria which i am awaiting replies.

My agent said on friday that the only one he thought that was participating was South Australia but they withdrew Friday morning.

Hope the one of the three i am awaiting replies for gets back saying they are still taking applications as we cant beleive that they can withdraw without clearing the backlog of cases that were submitted before 1st September for everybody that need the extra 5 points.

Hope there is some good news tomorrow.

Regards.

Steve and Gina.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

murwullambah will become famous soon enough

Hi, folks, we too are in the same prediciment, been frantically searching for any remaining states that still partisipate, surely they cant deny us the 5 points if its not our fault we cant lodge bond, we must stick together on this. Many have invested a lot of money and time into this not to mention the worry, anybody get any news please post on here, if this goes pearshaped our dreams are shattered.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

andy1961 is on a distinguished road

Hya our co requested our bond lodgement last friday.Weve gotta pay it by the 7th thats when s australia pull out.So ive gotta stop up tonight and phone to make sure all will go through by the 7th.Cant beleive they would be so cruel as to deduct 5 points just cus they changed the rules would they ?
Just hoping hifix move fast cus theyve been sat on my money for weeks.

Ill try and get some info about these bond bodies and stick it on here.
May be they might say u can keep ur $100000.In fact i might suggest that,wonder what they will say lol.

Good luck Andy
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 6:45 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,

The contact points for statutory deposits as at 20 November were:

New South Wales Treasury Corporation Registry
Email: [email protected]

Northern Territory Treasury Corporation
Tel: 61 8 8999 7745
E-mail: [email protected]

Queensland Treasury Corporation
TEL: 1800 777 166 (free call within Australia)
TEL: 61 3 9415 4080 (calls from outside Australia)

South Australian Government Financing Authority
Tel: 61 8 8226 9450
Fax: 61 8 8226 9478

If as stated above SA and NT pulled the plug last Friday that still leaves two but no doubt things will be clearer today after some checking.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 9:22 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Everyone,

The contact points for statutory deposits as at 20 November were:

New South Wales Treasury Corporation Registry
Email: [email protected]

Northern Territory Treasury Corporation
Tel: 61 8 8999 7745

Queensland Treasury Corporation
TEL: 1800 777 166 (free call within Australia)
TEL: 61 3 9415 4080 (calls from outside Australia)

South Australian Government Financing Authority
Tel: 61 8 8226 9450
Fax: 61 8 8226 9478

If as stated above SA and NT pulled the plug last Friday that still leaves two but no doubt things will be clearer today after some checking.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Update at 9.10am. The rumours are apparently correct. All the four options in my last post have been reported this morning as discontinued. SA will still honour the commitment to anyone who has initiated the process with them - you'd need the SA form which has been removed from their website - but as noted above this needs to be done quickly.

I will immediately ask the Migration Institute of Australia to confirm with DIAC that this is the position and to explore alternatives for affected applicants. Many people will in fact be able to make a second application using English points - I would suggest that everyone first establish eligibility under the post 1 September rules before panicking.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 5:28 am
Banned

LIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to all

We have received a new update from the Migration Institute of Australia this afternoon which reads as follows:
Dear Members

DIAC have advised that from Friday 30 November, no State or Territory Government is actively participating in arrangements that allow allocation of 5 bonus points to GSM applicants who deposited $100,000 in a nominated deposit for term of at least 12 months under Part 8 of the Schedule 6A General Points Test.

This follows recent newspaper reports alleging a “scam” involving unauthorised loans to some hundreds of applicants. DIAC has been progressively advising applicants that State Governments were declining to be involved in the arrangements and directing clients to the remaining states involved. We understand that South Australia “pulled out” last week and is advising clients that it will only honour its letters to individuals who had been invited to lodge a nominated deposit.

The MIA understands that many individual applicants have been in process for lengthy periods will not get the bonus points because, notwithstanding having applied under an expectation that they would be able to deposit funds, they cannot now find a State/Territory Government prepared to continue to participate in the arrangements. Only a very small number of people are likely to have received letters from State Governments allowing them to deposit at least $100,000 in a gazetted designated security for a term of at least 12 months in the name of the applicant or the applicant and family members. Everyone else, regardless of when they lodged their visa application, will “miss out” on the opportunity to get the 5 bonus points.

DIAC has also advised that there is also no intention to gazette other designated securities (eg Commonwealth Bonds), effectively ending these bonus point arrangements.

I trust that this is helpful. If you need any more help please let me know.
Regards
Liana Allan
MARN 0104178 MMIA 1225
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 5:33 am
Reg. Migration Agent

Originally Posted by Visacorp Migration Agent
We have received a new update from the Migration Institute of Australia this afternoon which reads as follows:
Dear Members

DIAC have advised that from Friday 30 November, no State or Territory Government is actively participating in arrangements that allow allocation of 5 bonus points to GSM applicants who deposited $100,000 in a nominated deposit for term of at least 12 months under Part 8 of the Schedule 6A General Points Test.

This follows recent newspaper reports alleging a “scam” involving unauthorised loans to some hundreds of applicants. DIAC has been progressively advising applicants that State Governments were declining to be involved in the arrangements and directing clients to the remaining states involved. We understand that South Australia “pulled out” last week and is advising clients that it will only honour its letters to individuals who had been invited to lodge a nominated deposit.

The MIA understands that many individual applicants have been in process for lengthy periods will not get the bonus points because, notwithstanding having applied under an expectation that they would be able to deposit funds, they cannot now find a State/Territory Government prepared to continue to participate in the arrangements. Only a very small number of people are likely to have received letters from State Governments allowing them to deposit at least $100,000 in a gazetted designated security for a term of at least 12 months in the name of the applicant or the applicant and family members. Everyone else, regardless of when they lodged their visa application, will “miss out” on the opportunity to get the 5 bonus points.

DIAC has also advised that there is also no intention to gazette other designated securities (eg Commonwealth Bonds), effectively ending these bonus point arrangements.

I trust that this is helpful. If you need any more help please let me know.
Regards
Liana Allan
MARN 0104178 MMIA 1225
Just to confirm that what Liana has posted has been distributed to members of the MIA late this afternoon. Anyone affected should of course seek professional advice.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 5:43 am
Banned

LIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to all
Smile Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Thanks for seconding my information release, George.
Liana Allan
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

Hi

I received this morning emails from NWS and QLD treasuries confirming that they have ceased bond issuance.

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.