489 Visa Granted; Thanks for the help.

Old Mar 17th 2017, 7:34 am
Just Joined

PatelSanjay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 489 Visa Granted; Thanks for the help.

Hello everyone,

My name is Sanjay. I have applied for 489 visa for Adelaide. I submitted my file on 4th December 2016. Completed medical and pcc and submitted by 15th December. The online status is assessment in progress. It has been over three months and no response from CO. This wait is literally killing me. Still not sure how much to wait. Can anyone please help me ease out the tension?
Old Mar 17th 2017, 11:54 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PatelSanjay
Hello everyone,

My name is Sanjay. I have applied for 489 visa for Adelaide. I submitted my file on 4th December 2016. Completed medical and pcc and submitted by 15th December. The online status is assessment in progress. It has been over three months and no response from CO. This wait is literally killing me. Still not sure how much to wait. Can anyone please help me ease out the tension?
You applied in December and you're upset that it's taking so long? For heaven's sake! It wasn't that long ago that applications were taking 12+ months to process. Yours is not the only application your case officer will have on their desk, so you're going to have to learn a little patience and wait for a decision to be made.

Just a question, though. If you were granted a visa on Monday would you be on the plane on Tuesday? No? Then what's the rush?
Old Mar 18th 2017, 6:11 am
Just Joined

PatelSanjay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You applied in December and you're upset that it's taking so long? For heaven's sake! It wasn't that long ago that applications were taking 12+ months to process. Yours is not the only application your case officer will have on their desk, so you're going to have to learn a little patience and wait for a decision to be made.

Just a question, though. If you were granted a visa on Monday would you be on the plane on Tuesday? No? Then what's the rush?
Dorothy, thank you for your response.I believe CO takes around 3 months to come to a conclusion.And in my case its well above the service standards. I am not getting impatient but trying to figure out how much more time it would take for CO to take a decision.
Old Mar 18th 2017, 6:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Dorothy, thank you for your response.I believe CO takes around 3 months to come to a conclusion.And in my case its well above the service standards. I am not getting impatient but trying to figure out how much more time it would take for CO to take a decision.
No-one can possibly know that, not even the CO themselves. Every case is different.
Old Mar 18th 2017, 8:03 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Current guidelines are 75% processed within 5 months, 90% within 7 months - Global visa and citizenship processing times

At the bottom of the list are circumstances affecting processing. Each case is different, each has it's own timeline and no one can give you better information than the guidelines.
Old Mar 18th 2017, 8:09 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

What makes you think your case is well above service standards? The official service standards published by DIBP says 5-7 months. Global visa and citizenship processing times

Like I said, you aren't going to be on the next plane to Australia, so what's your rush?
Old Mar 18th 2017, 11:54 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

Can anyone please help me ease out the tension?
Get on with your life, it'll take as long as it takes. Months atleast.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Miltonaece is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

I received an email from the immigration dept and they want me to submit my Police clearance and medical on March 03, 2017
Just to give the background, I applied for Subclass 489 visa (with sponsor) and have been asked to submit my medical and police clearance on March 03, 2017 with 28 days time frame.

Could you please answer below queries,

1. Once I submit my medical ,police clearance and 80 form how long usually it takes to stamp my visa?
2. My job period will be expired within next 1.5 months. these will be any effect on my Visa if i lost recent job ?
note: already done skill assessment by EA on December, 2016.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Miltonaece; Mar 20th 2017 at 7:33 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 5:48 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miltonaece
Hi Guys,

I received an email from the immigration dept and they want me to submit my Police clearance and medical on March 03, 2017
Just to give the background, I applied for Subclass 489 visa (with sponsor) and have been asked to submit my medical and police clearance on March 03, 2017 with 28 days time frame.

Could you please answer below queries,

1. Once I submit my medical ,police clearance and 80 form how long usually it takes to stamp my visa?
2. My job period will be expired within next 1.5 months. these will be any effect on my Visa if i lost recent job ?
note: already done skill assessment by EA on December, 2016.

Thanks in advance.
1. On the basis that no one will stamp a visa ??? it will take forever. Visa's are attached electronically to your passport. It'll take as long as it takes but the fact that you've been asked to provide your medicals and police checks are a good thing.

2. DIBP will not care if you are made unemployed but you might - moving to Australia is not cheap.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 6:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
1. On the basis that no one will stamp a visa ??? it will take forever. Visa's are attached electronically to your passport. It'll take as long as it takes but the fact that you've been asked to provide your medicals and police checks are a good thing.

2. DIBP will not care if you are made unemployed but you might - moving to Australia is not cheap.

Thanks for feedback.

1. Generally after submitting 80 form, will they accept grant within 2/3 months!
2. As i have done skill assessment by engineers Australia last year and got membership. will these also verify (like job) by immigration depart or release me as they will seen that i already have assessment by Engineers Australia !

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 21st 2017, 6:16 am

Thanks for feedback.

1. Generally after submitting 80 form, will they accept grant within 2/3 months!
2. As i have done skill assessment by engineers Australia last year and got membership. will these also verify (like job) by immigration depart or release me as they will seen that i already have assessment by Engineers Australia !

Thanks in advance
No idea if you will get grant within 2/3 months, if at all. You need to pass medical, continued security checks, etc and then it takes as long as it takes.

DIBP verify your employment - when that is done I cannot say. If you lost your job, they will be able to verify that you worked there at the time you applied hopefully. Assessment by EA proves you have the skills you say you have - employment verification is a separate issue and is used to verify your claims for points from experience I believe.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: 489 Visa Granted; Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
No idea if you will get grant within 2/3 months, if at all. You need to pass medical, continued security checks, etc and then it takes as long as it takes.

DIBP verify your employment - when that is done I cannot say. If you lost your job, they will be able to verify that you worked there at the time you applied hopefully. Assessment by EA proves you have the skills you say you have - employment verification is a separate issue and is used to verify your claims for points from experience I believe.
Thanks for valuable comments
Old Apr 16th 2017, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for valuable comments
Hi guys,

Good Day! I have uploaded PCC (police clearance certificate) & the 80 form on March 31th, 2017 and medical done on march 5th, 2017, after CO requesting for required docs like medical , PCC & 80 form on March 3rd, 2017.

can you tell me, how many months , have to wait for final feedback!

background, 1.EA assessment done in telecom field engineer. 2.IELTS score 6.5
3.medical done. 4.sponsor verification documents uploaded.

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 16th 2017, 6:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

Good Day! I have uploaded PCC (police clearance certificate) & the 80 form on March 31th, 2017 and medical done on march 5th, 2017, after CO requesting for required docs like medical , PCC & 80 form on March 3rd, 2017.

can you tell me, how many months , have to wait for final feedback!

background, 1.EA assessment done in telecom field engineer. 2.IELTS score 6.5
3.medical done. 4.sponsor verification documents uploaded.

Thanks in advance
No-one can tell you how long it will take. You just have to wait.
Old Apr 16th 2017, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No-one can tell you how long it will take. You just have to wait.
Thanks for feedback. any avg time line!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.