489 Visa Granted; Thanks for the help.

Old Sep 21st 2016, 9:38 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 489 Visa Granted; Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by katibogar
Hello nairn545,

Are you still looking at this forum?

I've got a question to ask please.

Thanks

Kati
Then ask.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Nicky_25_00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nairn545
Hi everyone,

Firstly I would like to say thank you to everyone on this forum who provides loads of good information and personal experiences. I have used this site a lot during my visa process and it has helped me along the way.

I know that the 489 visa isn't as common as the 189/190 and like many other people, I struggled to find personal experiences from others who had been granted a 489. I'm not going to babble on too much about the whole process as it is exactly the same as other skilled visas in terms of applying and processing time, but for those of you who may be interested in my personal time line for the process, then here it is below:

EOI submitted September 2013
Invitation to apply September 2014

CO allocated Jan 2015
Meds and Police Checks Feb 2015
Visa Grant March 2015

I didn't use an agent and found the process relatively easy, but stressful at points due to the sheer amount of data that you have to provide. One thing that I saw quite a lot on several forums was the issue about certified documents. I had none of my documents certified; all I did was upload colour scans of everything and this was accepted. As long as you upload everything that is on the check-list and you are honest, then there should be no issues at all.

It was a shock to wake up and see the email with the visa grants so soon as I had prepared myself to wait a lot longer! It took a while to sink in as I had waited so long for this! We are planning to make the move in January 2016 to Adelaide and hopefully will never look back.

If anyone wants any more information on the 489 side of things, please do not hesitate to ask me on this post.

Thanks
Hi congrats on your visa, I am in the early stages and at present am only eligible for the 489, my job is only available in Northern Territory. I am just wondering if I am granted this visa do I have to remain in Northern Territory until I apply for PR? Just years back we were looking at moving to Canada and we met some ex-pats in Mexico and they told us that if immigration gave us a visa for a specific area, accept it and just move once you arrive, is this the same in OZ??? My family live in Perth so really want to be near them? Any info greatly received

Thanks Nicky
Old Sep 26th 2016, 2:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicky_25_00
Hi congrats on your visa, I am in the early stages and at present am only eligible for the 489, my job is only available in Northern Territory. I am just wondering if I am granted this visa do I have to remain in Northern Territory until I apply for PR? Just years back we were looking at moving to Canada and we met some ex-pats in Mexico and they told us that if immigration gave us a visa for a specific area, accept it and just move once you arrive, is this the same in OZ??? My family live in Perth so really want to be near them? Any info greatly received

Thanks Nicky
Rules for migrating to Canada are totally different from the rules for migrating to Australia.
They also vary depending on what visa you apply for, and can change at short notice so checking the official site is the best way to go.

The rules for a 489 are here https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/489-
and they include:
If you were nominated for this visa by a State or Territory government:
You must live, study and work in regional and low population-growth metropolitan area and comply with any residential conditions specified by the State or Territory government in your nomination.
If you later apply for a permanent residence Skilled-Regional visa (subclass 887), you will need to prove that you have spent the specified time in a regional and low population-growth metropolitan area.
Old Sep 28th 2016, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

shahidjabbar is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Nicky_25_00,
Many congrats for your visa, I am also nominated for 489 and I am in medical stage along with family.
Queensland granted me 489 sponsor and gave me some area code where i have to stay and work for 2 year.
The information I am looking for , how is IT job conditions in QLD low population areas ? I have an account on seek.com but i do not see jobs in those areas, I am thinking how to survive with family for two years , and in two year if not able to find a job then i have to exit from AU. I can not apply for PR .If you know about it kindly guide me and give me some tips about jobs .many thanks
Old Sep 28th 2016, 2:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shahidjabbar
HI Nicky_25_00,
Many congrats for your visa, I am also nominated for 489 and I am in medical stage along with family.
Queensland granted me 489 sponsor and gave me some area code where i have to stay and work for 2 year.
The information I am looking for , how is IT job conditions in QLD low population areas ? I have an account on seek.com but i do not see jobs in those areas, I am thinking how to survive with family for two years , and in two year if not able to find a job then i have to exit from AU. I can not apply for PR .If you know about it kindly guide me and give me some tips about jobs .many thanks
Questions about jobs and lifestyle will be better answered if posted in the main Australia forum, asyou were told earlier. People there are more likely to be living in Australia. The poster you are addressing here is moving to NT not Queensland.

Last edited by Pollyana; Sep 28th 2016 at 2:17 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

hami is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nairn545
Hi everyone,

Firstly I would like to say thank you to everyone on this forum who provides loads of good information and personal experiences. I have used this site a lot during my visa process and it has helped me along the way.

I know that the 489 visa isn't as common as the 189/190 and like many other people, I struggled to find personal experiences from others who had been granted a 489. I'm not going to babble on too much about the whole process as it is exactly the same as other skilled visas in terms of applying and processing time, but for those of you who may be interested in my personal time line for the process, then here it is below:

CO allocated Jan 2015
Visa Grant March 2015

I didn't use an agent and found the process relatively easy, but stressful at points due to the sheer amount of data that you have to provide. One thing that I saw quite a lot on several forums was the issue about certified documents. I had none of my documents certified; all I did was upload colour scans of everything and this was accepted. As long as you upload everything that is on the check-list and you are honest, then there should be no issues at all.

It was a shock to wake up and see the email with the visa grants so soon as I had prepared myself to wait a lot longer! It took a while to sink in as I had waited so long for this! We are planning to make the move in January 2016 to Adelaide and hopefully will never look back.

If anyone wants any more information on the 489 side of things, please do not hesitate to ask me on this post.

Thanks
Hi, many congrats and as I imagine now you should be in Australia now. I have a question I hope you would answer me. your wrote:
did it really took a year to be invited for visa?
and then wrote:

Visa Grant March 2015
you mean only a month to get the visa? my meds and police check were finalized on 28th of September 2016, should I expect to get my visa anytime soon?
based on your experience I mean.
thank you so much in advance.
Old Nov 5th 2016, 12:54 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hami
Hi, many congrats and as I imagine now you should be in Australia now. I have a question I hope you would answer me. your wrote:
did it really took a year to be invited for visa?
and then wrote:

Visa Grant March 2015
you mean only a month to get the visa? my meds and police check were finalized on 28th of September 2016, should I expect to get my visa anytime soon?
based on your experience I mean.
thank you so much in advance.
Nairn545 hasn't been on the forum for more than a year.

There are two streams for 489 - state regional sponsored, and family sponsored. There are only limited invitations for family sponsored so you can wait a long time to be invited to apply.

Again, everyone's experience and timeline is different. Some countries have a quicker process due to being deemed low risk (low levels of corruption, low levels of forgeries, low security risk). Other countries are deemed high risk and these take a little longer generally.

If you were asked to submit medicals and PCC's by your CO, and these have all been submitted along with any other documents required, then all you can do is wait. But they only ask for these near the end of the process due to the limited life of them (you will likely have a first entry date on any visa that is 12 months from the oldest of medicals / PCC's)
Old Nov 5th 2016, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

Singh5100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone. I have lodged the visa 489 on 1 march 2016 and all docs and medicals of family done and submitted on 24 august 2016. Now still waiting for visa till now 5 nov . Can anyone idea how much time to get visa.as current processing time.Approx. Because there is 8 months over to lodge visa.. pls reply.
Old Nov 5th 2016, 3:50 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Singh5100
Hello everyone. I have lodged the visa 489 on 1 march 2016 and all docs and medicals of family done and submitted on 24 august 2016. Now still waiting for visa till now 5 nov . Can anyone idea how much time to get visa.as current processing time.Approx. Because there is 8 months over to lodge visa.. pls reply.
No one is going to be able to tell you how long it takes. There are guidelines on DIBP website but it is a guide and you have already passed that.

If all required documents have been uploaded then all you can do is wait for DIBP to finish security checks / processing.

As a guide though, if the visa is issued you will likely have a first entry date that is 12 months from the earliest of your PCC's and medicals.
Old Nov 5th 2016, 6:14 am
Just Joined

Don't worry. Soon they will give you the visa. However you can email them and ask them, they most probably reply that you are still in the process and you have to wait.
I know waiting is hard, i'm waiting myself!
My sister's visa took about 9 months to be granted, but her friend's tood only 4 months. Both from the same country. So there is no exact answer on when you will be granted your visa. So relax and enjoy your time while you wait.
Old Nov 5th 2016, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Thanks all of them.
Old Nov 6th 2016, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

goldy85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all of them.
Hello sir
I am also waiting from march in mixed crop farmer.plz share ur occupation but i have send email but i could not get any response
Old Nov 7th 2016, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

Hello.my occupation is 121411 mixed crop and live stock farmer.
Old Nov 7th 2016, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

goldy85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello.my occupation is 121411 mixed crop and live stock farmer.
Ok but your occupation as a priority .r u apply through agent and second thing have u got any verification.is any idea processing time of farmer category.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 11:04 am
Just Joined

My visa has been granted today.
I`m so happy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.