489 Visa Granted; Thanks for the help.

Old Mar 8th 2015, 11:55 am
Waiting to move!

nairn545 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 489 Visa Granted; Thanks for the help.

Hi everyone,

Firstly I would like to say thank you to everyone on this forum who provides loads of good information and personal experiences. I have used this site a lot during my visa process and it has helped me along the way.

I know that the 489 visa isn't as common as the 189/190 and like many other people, I struggled to find personal experiences from others who had been granted a 489. I'm not going to babble on too much about the whole process as it is exactly the same as other skilled visas in terms of applying and processing time, but for those of you who may be interested in my personal time line for the process, then here it is below:

EOI submitted September 2013
Invitation to apply September 2014
CO allocated Jan 2015
Meds and Police Checks Feb 2015
Visa Grant March 2015

I didn't use an agent and found the process relatively easy, but stressful at points due to the sheer amount of data that you have to provide. One thing that I saw quite a lot on several forums was the issue about certified documents. I had none of my documents certified; all I did was upload colour scans of everything and this was accepted. As long as you upload everything that is on the check-list and you are honest, then there should be no issues at all.

It was a shock to wake up and see the email with the visa grants so soon as I had prepared myself to wait a lot longer! It took a while to sink in as I had waited so long for this! We are planning to make the move in January 2016 to Adelaide and hopefully will never look back.

If anyone wants any more information on the 489 side of things, please do not hesitate to ask me on this post.

Thanks
Old Mar 8th 2015, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

dilruk336 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 489 Visa Granted; Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by nairn545
Hi everyone,

Firstly I would like to say thank you to everyone on this forum who provides loads of good information and personal experiences. I have used this site a lot during my visa process and it has helped me along the way.

I know that the 489 visa isn't as common as the 189/190 and like many other people, I struggled to find personal experiences from others who had been granted a 489. I'm not going to babble on too much about the whole process as it is exactly the same as other skilled visas in terms of applying and processing time, but for those of you who may be interested in my personal time line for the process, then here it is below:

EOI submitted September 2013
Invitation to apply September 2014
CO allocated Jan 2015
Meds and Police Checks Feb 2015
Visa Grant March 2015

I didn't use an agent and found the process relatively easy, but stressful at points due to the sheer amount of data that you have to provide. One thing that I saw quite a lot on several forums was the issue about certified documents. I had none of my documents certified; all I did was upload colour scans of everything and this was accepted. As long as you upload everything that is on the check-list and you are honest, then there should be no issues at all.

It was a shock to wake up and see the email with the visa grants so soon as I had prepared myself to wait a lot longer! It took a while to sink in as I had waited so long for this! We are planning to make the move in January 2016 to Adelaide and hopefully will never look back.

If anyone wants any more information on the 489 side of things, please do not hesitate to ask me on this post.

Thanks
Congrats... With having visa 489 , is it difficult to find a job that the permanent residence visa holder ?
Old Mar 8th 2015, 1:28 pm
Waiting to move!

nairn545 is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't actually applied for anything yet as I am not moving until January 2016, however I don't think it should be any harder as a 489 has all the same work rights as a 189, albeit its only valid for 4 years and is in a regional area. I will be applying for PR after 2 years though.
Old Nov 17th 2015, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

cabenak2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nairn545
I haven't actually applied for anything yet as I am not moving until January 2016, however I don't think it should be any harder as a 489 has all the same work rights as a 189, albeit its only valid for 4 years and is in a regional area. I will be applying for PR after 2 years though.
Hi all,

Congrats to you wish we were in the same boat! Just wondering if anyone is having any luck with their 489 applications? We put ours in 30.7.15 and no case officer yet! Apparently there are hold ups due to the formation of the new department and the refugee.

Thanks
Old Nov 20th 2015, 12:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

People,

If you want replies will you please post in English and not in some kind of text-speak as some of us find this not only hard to follow, but confusing. When it comes to visa matters one needs to be clear and specific.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

Hi chitra85,

When did you have the CO assigned?? We're still waiting for one to be assigned to our case an we applied 30.7.15. It's strange that there is such inconsistencies within the system.

Thanks

Karl
Old Nov 20th 2015, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

chitra85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
People,

If you want replies will you please post in English and not in some kind of text-speak as some of us find this not only hard to follow, but confusing. When it comes to visa matters one needs to be clear and specific.
Ohh.. i am sorry for your struggle.. next time it will in my mind.. But what about your visa condirion?
Old Nov 20th 2015, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Condition? we think its complete i.e. medicals a PCC done and uploaded. Did you get a contact email or number for the CO? if so did you contact them?
Old Nov 20th 2015, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cabenak2
Condition? we think its complete i.e. medicals a PCC done and uploaded. Did you get a contact email or number for the CO? if so did you contact them?
Hy,
Do you upload your PCC and Medical? If you did so
then i think you will get direct grant..

I take help from a agent to complete the process. They said CO assigned as i got medical Hap request letter and my job verified by embassy as per their instructions..
Old Nov 21st 2015, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chitra85
Hy,
Do you upload your PCC and Medical? If you did so
then i think you will get direct grant..

I take help from a agent to complete the process. They said CO assigned as i got medical Hap request letter and my job verified by embassy as per their instructions..
Hey karl,

How are you? Could you please inform me above questions?

I am too much frustrated man..

Thanks

Rajesh
Old Nov 22nd 2015, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Hi

Yea we uploaded PCC and medicals already. The immi website says they complete 75% in 3 months and its now almost 4 months at this stage!
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 1:17 am
Just Joined

Hi

Yea we uploaded PCC and medicals already. The immi website says they complete 75% in 3 months and its now almost 4 months at this stage!
Thanks. for your reply..

When they will complete 100%?

Rajesh
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 9:53 am
Just Joined

thats a great question I hope someone can tell me that!? We have submitted all the required info
Old Nov 24th 2015, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Hi all! Our visa was granted last night !!! We are thrilled and will wait till after Christmas to go. We applied on the 30th of July and it came through the 24th of November so 3 months and 3.5 weeks. Hope your visa comes through soon !
Old Nov 24th 2015, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Hi all! Our visa was granted last night !!! We are thrilled and will wait till after Christmas to go. We applied on the 30th of July and it came through the 24th of November so 3 months and 3.5 weeks. Hope your visa comes through soon !
Hey karl,

Very very congratulations to you and your family. Can you tell me which place in australia will you go and from where do you go?

I have appiled for Orana, Nsw. I am too frustating now man..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.