489 (Relative Sponsored) dillemma

Old May 7th 2014, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

smuksud is an unknown quantity at this point
Post 489 (Relative Sponsored) dillemma

Before going into the Problem Zone, lets have some light on my situation:

1) Age is 31,
2) Done ACS on Software Engineering with +ve assessment of 6+ years of Experience,
3) Done IELTS with overall Score of 7.0.

The outcome is 55 points. So, 189 is not for me and 190 is Closed for 2013-14. I have the only option 489 as my Brother is a PR living in Adelaide.

Problem zone starts here. He is ready to sponsor me, but in documents our father's name differ. How? I put our father name as "Mohammed" and my brother put it as "Md.". Though they both mean the same in my country but do they mean same in Australia? Please en-light me to recover from here.

I found one similar Name problem thread here (Name difference in documents), but very old and closed.
Old May 7th 2014, 10:28 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 489 (Relative Sponsored) dillemma

Originally Posted by smuksud
Before going into the Problem Zone, lets have some light on my situation:

1) Age is 31,
2) Done ACS on Software Engineering with +ve assessment of 6+ years of Experience,
3) Done IELTS with overall Score of 7.0.

The outcome is 55 points. So, 189 is not for me and 190 is Closed for 2013-14. I have the only option 489 as my Brother is a PR living in Adelaide.

Problem zone starts here. He is ready to sponsor me, but in documents our father's name differ. How? I put our father name as "Mohammed" and my brother put it as "Md.". Though they both mean the same in my country but do they mean same in Australia? Please en-light me to recover from here.

I found one similar Name problem thread here (Name difference in documents), but very old and closed.
Is your father's name written the same on your birth certificates?
Old May 8th 2014, 3:08 am
Just Joined

Post Re: 489 (Relative Sponsored) dillemma

There is no Birth Certificate issued against my name,yet. But I'm planning to get one from my local council office. By the way, all other documents (Passport, National ID, Educational Certificates) have the same spelling of my father's name.
Old May 8th 2014, 3:20 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

There is no Birth Certificate issued against my name,yet. But I'm planning to get one from my local council office. By the way, all other documents (Passport, National ID, Educational Certificates) have the same spelling of my father's name.
For your brother to sponsor you, you need to prove he is your brother, that he has PR or eligible citizenship and that he lives in designated area. I think you both need birth certificates to show you share the same parents - maybe seek advice from a MARA agent?
Old May 10th 2014, 8:00 am
Just Joined

Question Re: 489 (Relative Sponsored) dillemma

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
For your brother to sponsor you, you need to prove he is your brother, that he has PR or eligible citizenship and that he lives in designated area. I think you both need birth certificates to show you share the same parents - maybe seek advice from a MARA agent?
I have been following this Forum for years. And for years I have been thinking that most of the moderators of this Forum are MARA Agents . I have posted here my problem thinking that I might get advice from one of them... ALAS... My mistake I guess...

Problem with MARA Agents, available in my country, is that they won't give any advice unless I sign contract with them to do the full migration processing... They even asked me to not to go with my current ACS, Re-Do the ACS with them in another Code... that was the funniest and stupidest words I have heard from a Lawyer.
Old May 10th 2014, 8:09 am

I have been following this Forum for years. And for years I have been thinking that most of the moderators of this Forum are MARA Agents . I have posted here my problem thinking that I might get advice from one of them... ALAS... My mistake I guess...

Problem with MARA Agents, available in my country, is that they won't give any advice unless I sign contract with them to do the full migration processing... They even asked me to not to go with my current ACS, Re-Do the ACS with them in another Code... that was the funniest and stupidest words I have heard from a Lawyer.
You do not need to only contact MARA agents in your country. You can ask for advice via email for some agents, or perhaps your brother can contact one here in Australia.

I'm not sure why you think the 190 is closed - some states have stopped sponsoring but not all I don't think.

Also, if you do wish to proceed with a 489 application, have you looked at the document checklist to see how you can prove that you are related to your brother - http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/489.aspx (look under visa applicants / document checklist). Your brother should also check the requirements for sponsoring for this visa
Old May 10th 2014, 8:46 am
Just Joined

You do not need to only contact MARA agents in your country. You can ask for advice via email for some agents, or perhaps your brother can contact one here in Australia.

I'm not sure why you think the 190 is closed - some states have stopped sponsoring but not all I don't think.

Also, if you do wish to proceed with a 489 application, have you looked at the document checklist to see how you can prove that you are related to your brother - http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/489.aspx (look under visa applicants / document checklist). Your brother should also check the requirements for sponsoring for this visa

1) Most states require IELTS 7.0 in individual modules. & One state require huge money (may be as investment, cann't recall). The only state took IELTS 7.0 overall was NSW, which is closed, but will open in july,14. & most probably they won't give the same chance once again, hope they do give the chance .

2) I have checked those links (SkillSelect, 489, 190, 189) well before posting my problem here. I am only familiar with Birth Certificates, which is my choice to prove that we are brothers.

NOTE: Anyone passing by this post can help me by providing sample of other two category of documents : family registers & school records. THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Old May 10th 2014, 8:52 am
Just Joined

1) Most states require IELTS 7.0 in individual modules. & One state require huge money (may be as investment, cann't recall). The only state took IELTS 7.0 overall was NSW, which is closed, but will open in july,14. & most probably they won't give the same chance once again, hope they do give the chance .

2) I have checked those links (SkillSelect, 489, 190, 189) well before posting my problem here. I am only familiar with Birth Certificates, which is my choice to prove that we are brothers.

NOTE: Anyone passing by this post can help me by providing sample of other two category of documents : family registers & school records. THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

khan2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI,
I am new to this informative forum , I also need some advice from here about the Visa 489 FS,
My brother is having PR but he is not leaving in Australia at the moment can he sponsor me for Visa 489
Thanks & Regards.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 12:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

A sample of someone else's family register and school record is not going to help you, You need to provide your own.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 12:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by khan2014
HI,
I am new to this informative forum , I also need some advice from here about the Visa 489 FS,
My brother is having PR but he is not leaving in Australia at the moment can he sponsor me for Visa 489
Thanks & Regards.
Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)

You can sponsor an eligible relative for this visa if:

you are at least 18 years of age
you live in a designated area of Australia
you are an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.