Newbie wanting to stay in Perth

Old Jul 6th 2017, 5:52 am
Just Joined

Geoff396 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Newbie wanting to stay in Perth

Hi
I'm English marrying an Australian in November and want to work in WA asap.eg handyman or window cleaning or local jobs.
Im here on a 3 month travel visa at present.

As I'm over 50 I assume my only option to stay is with a spousal visa?

Can I get any sort of bridging visa before I'm married?

I presume self employed or trainee visas wont be available (eg there is a job advertised for Marine Trainee with Dept of Trade and also training to take blood with Perth Pathology Trainers requiring a USI)

Any advice much appreciated!
Thanks
Geoff
Old Jul 6th 2017, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie wanting to stay in Perth

If you are eligible to apply for a partner visa then you can apply onshore and you should get a bridging visa with work rights so you can stay until granted.
If you are not eligible for a partner visa yet then you could consider a prospective marriage visa, not sure if you have to be offshore for that though.

Check the details at www.border.gov.au
Old Jul 6th 2017, 7:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie wanting to stay in Perth

Originally Posted by rammygirl
If you are eligible to apply for a partner visa then you can apply onshore and you should get a bridging visa with work rights so you can stay until granted.
If you are not eligible for a partner visa yet then you could consider a prospective marriage visa, not sure if you have to be offshore for that though.

Check the details at Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection
Yes, you do need to be offshore for Prospective Marriage, both when you apply and when its granted.

OP -unless you can prove a de facto relationship of 12 months or more, you will need to be married before you can apply for a Partner Visa. And to do that onshore you will have to marry and apply for the visa before your tourist visa expires.
You can't get a Bridging Visa until you have applied for the Partner Visa. You will then get a Bridging Visa A which kicks in automatically when the tourist visa expires.