489 to 887 visa Staying condition

Old Sep 22nd 2017, 5:32 am
Just Joined

mrright is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 489 to 887 visa Staying condition

Hi All,

hope you guys are doing well. I have a question if you could please guide.
To Apply for 887 visa there is a condition to live for 2 years in a regional area and work for one years full time and then you are eligible to apply for 887 visa. Now what are the condition of living for 2 yrs on 489. it means

1. you need to live continuously for 2 years and spend less than 90 days during every year and then apply for 887 visa

OR

2. there is no such condition before applying for 887 visa. it mean on you need to live for 2 years ( 104 weeks) in that 4 years 489 visa and can spend more than 90 days in any year before applying for 887 visa. I mean there is no such condition of living for a specific time outside Australia before applying for 887.

Please guide and any link from DIBP web site would be great. Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Mrr

Last edited by mrright; Sep 22nd 2017 at 5:34 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 2:13 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 489 to 887 visa Staying condition

Originally Posted by mrright
Hi All,

hope you guys are doing well. I have a question if you could please guide.
To Apply for 887 visa there is a condition to live for 2 years in a regional area and work for one years full time and then you are eligible to apply for 887 visa. Now what are the condition of living for 2 yrs on 489. it means

1. you need to live continuously for 2 years and spend less than 90 days during every year and then apply for 887 visa

OR

2. there is no such condition before applying for 887 visa. it mean on you need to live for 2 years ( 104 weeks) in that 4 years 489 visa and can spend more than 90 days in any year before applying for 887 visa. I mean there is no such condition of living for a specific time outside Australia before applying for 887.

Please guide and any link from DIBP web site would be great. Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Mrr
As far as I can see the condition is you must have lived in the regional area for at least 2 years - https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/887-
(https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-...quirement.aspx )
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 7:54 am
Just Joined

mrright is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 489 to 887 visa Staying condition

great thank you so much. I gather there is no such condition of living for a specific time outside australia in a year before applying for 887.

Regards,