47SK Questions

Old Feb 17th 2001, 6:14 pm
Mark Gardner

Hi again everyone,

It's form filling time again for me and the usual panic has set in

In booklet 6 general Skilled Migration, there are a lot of copy documents being asked for.

I know I have to supply all the copy documents that I sent with my TRA application. Are
these all to be sworn as true and accurate as they were for the TRA ?

Also in the same section Part J checklist, the forms call for copies of various
certificates for both me, my spouse and anyone included in the application.

Am I correct in interpreting this as meaning ALL of our relatives that we have mentioned
in the application, whether migrating or not ? (it is just the pair of us migrating)

I.E. My deceased fathers' and Sibs' deceased mothers' birth & death certificates. Our
surviving parents birth certificates, their respective marriage certificates. Our
birth & marriage certificates. Proof of our English ability (Sibs is not going for
skills matching or having her skills assessed) My decree absolute from my previous
marriage. Birth certificates of my children from my former marriage.( I do not have
custody or see them anymore) Birth & marriage certificates of our respective siblings
and their children.

I think that covers it

The terminology "for each person included in your application" and also "if anyone in
your application" is rather open for interpretation, it can be read as ALL those you have
named in your application or ONLY those who will be migrating................Plus a
degree of both !!

Any help much appreciated, I'd hate to either not supply enough copy docs or conversely
supply to many.

Thanks in advance

Mark & Sibs
--

Old Feb 17th 2001, 10:21 pm
JAJ

Hi Mark

>
>
>I.E. My deceased fathers' and Sibs' deceased mothers' birth & death certificates. Our
> surviving parents birth certificates, their respective marriage certificates.

As far as I know, you are not expected to submit parents birth/marriage/death
certificates. The birth certs for you/your spouse should be long form, showing both
parents names.

>Birth certificates of my children from my former marriage.( I do not have custody or see
>them anymore)

If they are not migrating with you and not included in the application, I'm not sure if
you need the birth certificates. It's more important to give DIMA the information on
custody/access arrangements that they are asking for.

>Birth & marriage certificates of our respective siblings and their children.

Again as far as I know, you are not required to submit sibling birth/marriage certificates
as a matter of course (unless in the event they were dependants).

Jeremy

Old Feb 18th 2001, 9:12 am
Mark Gardner

Thanks for the info Jeremy,

As with the TRA app the last thing I want to do is send everything I "think" they need,
just to have the app returned, or worse rejected because I didn't include some info they
were expecting.

Would anyone else who has further information, or can confirm Jeremy's observations.
Please also post to this thread.

Many Thanks

Mark & Sibs
--

> Hi Mark
>
> >On Sat, 17 Feb 2001 19:14:22 -0000, "Mark Gardner" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> >
> >
> >I.E. My deceased fathers' and Sibs' deceased mothers' birth & death certificates. Our
> > surviving parents birth certificates, their respective marriage certificates.
>
> As far as I know, you are not expected to submit parents birth/marriage/death
> certificates. The birth certs for you/your spouse should be long form, showing both
> parents names.
>
>
>
> >Birth certificates of my children from my former marriage.( I do not have custody or
> >see them anymore)
>
> If they are not migrating with you and not included in the application, I'm not sure if
> you need the birth certificates. It's more important to give DIMA the information on
> custody/access arrangements that they are asking for.
>
>
> >Birth & marriage certificates of our respective siblings and their
children.
>
> Again as far as I know, you are not required to submit sibling birth/marriage
> certificates as a matter of course (unless in the event they were dependants).
>
>
> Jeremy

Old Feb 18th 2001, 12:08 pm
Australian Labour Market

Hi Mark

A complete set of everything sent to TRA.

Regards

Glenn Newton Managing Director Australian Labour Market ABN 25 087 036 888 Registered
Training Organisation No. 6617 Registered Migration Agent No. 0100027 PO Box 300, DICKSON
ACT 2602, Australia Telephone 02 6255 0307 Mobile 0416 158 037 Fax 02 6255 0313 Email
[email protected] Internet site http://www.alms.com.au

> Thanks for the info Jeremy,
>
> As with the TRA app the last thing I want to do is send everything I
"think"
> they need, just to have the app returned, or worse rejected because I
didn't
> include some info they were expecting.
>
> Would anyone else who has further information, or can confirm Jeremy's observations.
> Please also post to this thread.
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Mark & Sibs
> --
>

> > Hi Mark
> >
> > >On Sat, 17 Feb 2001 19:14:22 -0000, "Mark Gardner"
<[email protected]>
> wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > >I.E. My deceased fathers' and Sibs' deceased mothers' birth & death certificates. Our
> > > surviving parents birth certificates, their respective marriage certificates.
> >
> > As far as I know, you are not expected to submit parents birth/marriage/death
> > certificates. The birth certs for you/your spouse should be long form, showing both
> > parents names.
> >
> >
> >
> > >Birth certificates of my children from my former marriage.( I do not
have
> > >custody or see them anymore)
> >
> > If they are not migrating with you and not included in the application, I'm not sure
> > if you need the birth certificates. It's more important to give DIMA the information
> > on custody/access arrangements that they are asking for.
> >
> >
> > >Birth & marriage certificates of our respective siblings and their
> children.
> >
> > Again as far as I know, you are not required to submit sibling birth/marriage
> > certificates as a matter of course (unless in the event they were dependants).
> >
> >
> > Jeremy

Old Feb 22nd 2001, 5:31 pm
Mark Gardner

Thanks Glenn,

So if I have understood Jeremy and yourself correctly, the only copy docs I will need to
send in with my app are:

Mine & Sibs Birth Certs. Our Marriage Cert. My Decree Absolute. Either a Stat Dec or court
letter showing that my former wife has custody of my children from that marriage. A police
check for each of us. Together with all the TRA docs. Plus the letter of confirmation from
the TRA. Everything to be sworn as true & accurate copies again I take it ?

Will I also need a letter from my current employer ? I have changed jobs since my TRA app
was processed.

Many thanks in advance

Mark.

--

Australian Labour Market <[email protected]> wrote in

> Hi Mark
>
> A complete set of everything sent to TRA.
>
> Regards
>
> Glenn Newton Managing Director Australian Labour Market ABN 25 087 036 888 Registered
> Training Organisation No. 6617 Registered Migration Agent No. 0100027 PO Box 300,
> DICKSON ACT 2602, Australia Telephone 02 6255 0307 Mobile 0416 158 037 Fax 02 6255 0313
> Email [email protected] Internet site http://www.alms.com.au

> > Thanks for the info Jeremy,
> >
> > As with the TRA app the last thing I want to do is send everything I
> "think"
> > they need, just to have the app returned, or worse rejected because I
> didn't
> > include some info they were expecting.
> >
> > Would anyone else who has further information, or can confirm Jeremy's observations.
> > Please also post to this thread.
> >
> > Many Thanks
> >
> > Mark & Sibs
> > --
> >

> > > Hi Mark
> > >
> > > >On Sat, 17 Feb 2001 19:14:22 -0000, "Mark Gardner"
> <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >I.E. My deceased fathers' and Sibs' deceased mothers' birth & death certificates.
> > > > Our surviving parents birth certificates, their respective marriage
> > > > certificates.
> > >
> > > As far as I know, you are not expected to submit parents birth/marriage/death
> > > certificates. The birth certs for you/your spouse should be long form, showing both
> > > parents names.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > >Birth certificates of my children from my former marriage.( I do not
> have
> > > >custody or see them anymore)
> > >
> > > If they are not migrating with you and not included in the application, I'm not sure
> > > if you need the birth certificates. It's more important to give DIMA the information
> > > on custody/access arrangements that they are asking for.
> > >
> > >
> > > >Birth & marriage certificates of our respective siblings and their
> > children.
> > >
> > > Again as far as I know, you are not required to submit sibling birth/marriage
> > > certificates as a matter of course (unless in the event they were dependants).
> > >
> > >
> > > Jeremy
> >
> >

Old Feb 23rd 2001, 9:08 am
Stefan vom Bruch

Hi Mark!

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001 18:31:28 -0000, "Mark Gardner"

>Thanks Glenn,
>
>So if I have understood Jeremy and yourself correctly, the only copy docs I will need to
>send in with my app are:
>
>Mine & Sibs Birth Certs. Our Marriage Cert. My Decree Absolute. Either a Stat Dec or
>court letter showing that my former wife has custody of my children from that marriage.
>A police check for each of us. Together with all the TRA docs. Plus the letter of
>confirmation from the TRA. Everything to be sworn as true & accurate copies again I
>take it ?
>
>Will I also need a letter from my current employer ? I have changed jobs since my TRA app
>was processed.
>
>Many thanks in advance

As I have learned recently the police checks should be originals (not certified copies).
The letter from the TRA as well I guess. Anybody correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers Stefan

Old Feb 23rd 2001, 6:51 pm
Mark Gardner

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the info.

I have now obtained the forms to carry out a search on our National Police computers for
Sibs & I, and the County Court has sent me letters confirming my divorce and custody of
the children from my former marriage.

Interested still to hear whether I'll need to send a letter about my current employment.

Also like Stefan, I would like confirmation from one of our resident gurus that the
Original Police Check & TRA confirmation Letter are to be sent in with the copy docs.

I intend to go to my solicitor sometime next week to swear the copies and the Stat Dec (In
my haste to get the TRA app off I didn't copy the sworn copies) I'd hate to find I have
one missing and have to go back, or worse still find out after I've sent everything off.

Your advice much appreciated

Cheers Mark.

--

>
> Hi Mark!
>
> On Thu, 22 Feb 2001 18:31:28 -0000, "Mark Gardner"

>
> >Thanks Glenn,
> >
> >So if I have understood Jeremy and yourself correctly, the only copy docs
I
> >will need to send in with my app are:
> >
> >Mine & Sibs Birth Certs. Our Marriage Cert. My Decree Absolute. Either a Stat Dec or
> >court letter showing that my former wife has custody
of
> >my children from that marriage. A police check for each of us. Together with all the
> >TRA docs. Plus the letter of confirmation from the TRA. Everything to be sworn as true
> >& accurate copies again I take it ?
> >
> >Will I also need a letter from my current employer ? I have changed jobs since my TRA
> >app was processed.
> >
> >Many thanks in advance
>
>
> As I have learned recently the police checks should be originals (not certified copies).
> The letter from the TRA as well I guess. Anybody correct me if I am wrong.
>
> Cheers Stefan