457 Visa Help

Old Jul 23rd 2017, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

aarong89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 Visa Help

Hi

Cant seem to find the answer to my question anywhere and the Department of Immigration are yet to get back to me, hope someone can shed some light.

I am a British Physiotherapist who has been offered a job in Australia on a 457 sponsorship. I am hoping to gain registration with my regulatory body (AHPRA) in October.

I am aware that I cannot complete my 457 visa process until I have registration with my governing body however is there any way it can be started now with the registration component left pending?

My other option would obviously be to begin my application in October when my AHPRA registration has been received. However I know that the 457 is being abolished in March 2018.

Processing times are currently between 4 and 7 months and I would hope my visa would be processed before March. However does anyone know what happens to 457 visa's applications which are in the middle of being processed after the 457 is abolished. Is March 2018 merely the time they stop accepting 457 applications or a cutoff at which they reject all applications which are still processing

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Aaron

Last edited by aarong89; Jul 23rd 2017 at 4:37 pm. Reason: clarity