457 transition to 186 PR

Old May 13th 2017, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

mart19630 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 457 transition to 186 PR

Hi all,
We were wondering if anyone else can help in clarifying the progression from 457 to PR under the new changes being imposed.
We have held a 457 for a year now but my partner who is the main applicant has just changed her sponsor (job) so our 2 years (soon to be 3) now starts again, to progress down the 186 sponsorship route she will also be over 50 by then so will not be able to progress down this route under the new rules ?
Does anyone know if we can apply through the Direct Entry route as soon as possible after starting her new job, she qualifies on all the requirements but is this something all employers do, She is in the Medical profession and is working for a large Aged care company. The company do use an agent to complete their recruitment but they have referred us back to the company ?
Any advise or assistance would be appreciate.
Old May 14th 2017, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 transition to 186 PR

If your partner can pass a skills assessment I believe she can apply for PR straight away x
Old Jun 12th 2017, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

ZULU2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there similar position here,just lodged my 189 and I am also staring with new employer too .I am now on bridging visa new employer is taking over sponsorship if she has 60 points lodge is soon before 1 July just in case.i thought I had to wait 2 yrs but if u meet criteria just submitt
Old Jun 12th 2017, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

The OP will face the complication that the age limit for 189, 186 and 187 changes on July 1st to 45.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

steven9818 is an unknown quantity at this point

With regard to 186/187 visa's is the age limit counted from the day the employer lodges an application or the day immigration reviews the application and allows you to apply?
Old Jun 14th 2017, 8:44 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steven9818
With regard to 186/187 visa's is the age limit counted from the day the employer lodges an application or the day immigration reviews the application and allows you to apply?
The day you apply.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

steven9818 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
The day you apply.
Thank you